Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Todd's LS

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 02:59 PM
scunyon
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Congrats on the build thread. I never did any mods to my 400 during the 10 years I drove her. Glad you are taking a great car and making it what you want. Look forward to the progression.
Thanks RZ! It's a labor of love and a little bit at a time. Having a one year old and daycare prices out of the ying-yang REALLY cuts into my play money.

My Dad has an '08 460 that I'm trying to convince him to sell to me but negotiations aren't going well

I'm looking forward to see how she turns out!
Old 02-12-16, 07:08 PM
EazyRice1
Driver School Candidate

Did those brake rotors improve braking power? Nice build so far.
Old 02-13-16, 08:18 AM
scunyon
Rookie

Originally Posted by EazyRice1
Did those brake rotors improve braking power? Nice build so far.
I'm at the shop getting them put on as we speak. I'll let you know how they do on the ride home.
Old 02-13-16, 12:38 PM
EazyRice1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by scunyon
I'm at the shop getting them put on as we speak. I'll let you know how they do on the ride home.
Ok, thanks
Old 02-13-16, 04:19 PM
scunyon
Rookie

Got them on and I must say they take some getting used to. The initial bite is much more aggressive but not ****** your fillings out hard.

I like them and I wish had done them much sooner. I tell you what though, changing the parking brakes on these are a b***h!!!

Old 02-13-16, 04:54 PM
EazyRice1
Driver School Candidate

Got them on and I must say they take some getting used to. The initial bite is much more aggressive but not ****** your fillings out hard.

I like them and I wish had done them much sooner. I tell you what though, changing the parking brakes on these are a b***h!!!

Sweet! I guess I'll be getting some for my Ls when it's time. What brand of brake pads are you running? Also, do the rotors have the zinc coating or just metal?

Last edited by EazyRice1; 02-13-16 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-14-16, 07:19 AM
scunyon
Rookie

Originally Posted by EazyRice1
Sweet! I guess I'll be getting some for my Ls when it's time. What brand of brake pads are you running? Also, do the rotors have the zinc coating or just metal?
There some sort of upgraded NAPA brand. I put them on myself so I had to use what they ordered. I got to use the tools and the lift and just had to pay for the pads, not a bad trade. I didn't catch exactly what they were though.

The rotors are zinc coated and surprisingly after driving them roughly 100 miles yesterday in mixed highway and city, they haven't begun to wear yet. The place where I got them from plates them in zinc, black or gold.
Old 02-14-16, 09:46 AM
EazyRice1
Driver School Candidate

There some sort of upgraded NAPA brand. I put them on myself so I had to use what they ordered. I got to use the tools and the lift and just had to pay for the pads, not a bad trade. I didn't catch exactly what they were though.

The rotors are zinc coated and surprisingly after driving them roughly 100 miles yesterday in mixed highway and city, they haven't begun to wear yet. The place where I got them from plates them in zinc, black or gold.
Ok, thanks. Can't wait see this build finished. :-)
Old 02-27-16, 11:29 AM
scunyon
Rookie

Default Pass the Tylenol

So got up on this nice crisp morning to do some maintenance on the green machine and fuggin Murphy decided to help...

Got the thermostat, ect and pcv valve replaced and then got this for my troubles...

Probably way past time to replace these. Of course if it wasnt for this board I'd have been clueless.

Broke the end off the radiator top nipple thingy. 😠😠😠

So now I'm going to see if I can rig it with a metal pass through until I can get a new radiator next week.

Always something, I swear.
Old 03-18-16, 11:56 AM
scunyon
Rookie

Default More wrench time

Well the new radiator showed up Tuesday afternoon and I put it in Wednesday morning. Took me about an hour to get it in since the transmission lines didn't want to come off, but I gave them a good tug and worked them off.

Buttoned everything up and burped it. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet, but I didn't get any leaks. And thanks to Summit Racing, my new Energy Suspension sway bar bushings are on my porch waiting for me to get home!

Once I get them on, then I'll take her for a test drive and see how she does.
Old 03-18-16, 12:07 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Keep posting your progress.
Old 03-18-16, 04:14 PM
scunyon
Rookie

Default I can celebrate St Patty's day with a smile!

Soooo, new radiator and new sway bar bushings are in and the new steering feel is tight as virgin slat on prom night!!

Maybe breaking the nipple off the old radiator was a blessing in disguise.

55 minutes later it was out with the old and in with the new!

The reason the front end sounded like a midget with a hammer was trying to beat his way out from the car.

Got these bad boys in and the difference is amazing! Can't wait until the ones for the rear come in.
Old 03-18-16, 04:17 PM
scunyon
Rookie

Default Steering wheel, too

Forgot that I popped the steering column housing off and fixed the adjustable steering with a washer from the garden hose.

I can't wait to see how the car handles when I slap the H&R springs on with new Bilsteins. Now if I can pick which rims I want, I'll be in business.
Old 03-21-16, 06:33 AM
KJG92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced the sway bar end links on the 92 and what a difference. I actually just did the bushings and end link on my excursion along with new front shocks and that thing rides so much better. It is those little things that make a huge difference. Our cars give us the frog in boiling water effect. Things gradually go bad and we don't notice until they fail.
Old 03-21-16, 09:46 AM
Shaud843
Rookie

Niceeeee. what part of SC are you from?

Quick Reply: Todd's LS