Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

My SC300 Chumpcar Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-18, 11:06 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Received 202 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by brawls43
What are you guys running for engine, trans, diff, and rear subframe mounts? Are you running solid or poly or some combination? I'd believe the welded diff is causing some shock loading. Are you running the rubber elements in the driveshaft still too or solid driveshaft?
Engine: stock 2J
Clutch (you didn’t ask but figured relevant): Clutchmasters FX450. But I broke another rivet in the pressure plate so I had to put the stock pressure plate back on it. I may have damaged the clutch after the trans went and had some hellatious banging.
Trans: stock W58
Diff: welded stock 4.08
Driveshaft/ guibo: stock
Bushings: subframe bushing are stacked with spacers to try to stiffen them up. Diff bushings are welded with a strap across inner bushing to outer sleeve.
Old 03-21-18, 01:16 AM
Dmaccr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great season last year! Good luck this year. Hope you can figure out a fix for the W58.

Did you ever run with the diff open? Would you say welding the diff is needed to push it on the track?

Let me know if you make it to WRL or Champcar at NCM, I would like to watch you race.
Old 03-21-18, 04:20 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dmaccr
Great season last year! Good luck this year. Hope you can figure out a fix for the W58.

Did you ever run with the diff open? Would you say welding the diff is needed to push it on the track?

Let me know if you make it to WRL or Champcar at NCM, I would like to watch you race.
Yeah as bad as it pushes with the welded diff it is still faster that way than open. Just lose too much grip coming out of a turn on the inside rear.

We will be at NCM for the national championship where we have qualified with three points. Almost as good as you can qualify since two is best. If we win the race we win the championship. We should be at WRL at Barber in August. The WRL race at NCM is same weekend as Daytona so we won’t make it to NCM for that.
Old 03-21-18, 05:48 PM
Dmaccr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RXRodger

Yeah as bad as it pushes with the welded diff it is still faster that way than open. Just lose too much grip coming out of a turn on the inside rear.

We will be at NCM for the national championship where we have qualified with three points. Almost as good as you can qualify since two is best. If we win the race we win the championship. We should be at WRL at Barber in August. The WRL race at NCM is same weekend as Daytona so we won’t make it to NCM for that.
Sounds like the welded diff is the way to go.

Nice job getting into the championship. I will plan on going which day is best sat or sun?
Old 03-21-18, 09:56 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

Sounds like the welded diff is the way to go.

Nice job getting into the championship. I will plan on going which day is best sat or sun?
The race is parc ferme (park the car, no work) Saturday night and pick back up Sunday for the final 7 hours so if we are still in it Sunday could be drama filled.
Old 03-22-18, 06:49 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

I used to track my Cressida with a welded diff and greatly preferred that over an open unit despite the pushing as you've stated.

Sounds like an absolute riot - best of luck you guys!! Don't forget to post some pictures.
Old 04-02-18, 09:56 AM
RXRodger
Instructor

Default Need help w/ youtube subscription

Will any of you guys that have a youtube account be willing to go and subscribe to our live race broadcast page on youtube? I don't understand it, and can't find any documentation to clarify, but apparently youtube limits you on how much you can live stream based on number of subscribers. We currently have a little over 40 and that may be enough but hoping to get a few more in case it is needed. We will be broadcasting for 14 hours this Saturday at Daytona. Hoping the SC300 has a good showing. There are 130 cars in the race, there will be 3 or 4 SC's in the mix. We usually do pretty well, crossing fingers for this one.

Burningham Racing YouTube Channel

Last edited by RXRodger; 04-02-18 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-02-18, 10:51 AM
MLeopard
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm subscribed now.
Old 04-02-18, 01:43 PM
RudysSC
Pole Position

I can't get enough of this - I suppose it's because it's most of our boyhood dreams to campaign a race car like this and enjoy it for everything it truly is. Keep it up!
Old 04-04-18, 08:28 AM
Dmaccr
Driver School Candidate

I'm subscribed. I'll let you know if I can make NCM.
Old 04-04-18, 08:33 AM
Dmaccr
Driver School Candidate

The SC has really caught on if there are 4 teams using them now. That's awesome.

Have you guys had any problems with the ecu capacitors leaking? My computer is out for repair now at driftmotion.
Old 04-09-18, 08:41 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

The SC has really caught on if there are 4 teams using them now. That's awesome.

Have you guys had any problems with the ecu capacitors leaking? My computer is out for repair now at driftmotion.
I sent my first one a few years ago to DM, then the second one to Tanin. So, I didn't wait for them to start leaking, once I knew of the problem I sent them to be repaired.

Thanks to those that subscribed, it helped a lot. At one point in the race our live feed was the only one working.
Old 04-10-18, 07:45 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Very nice build.
Old 04-13-18, 08:27 PM
RXRodger
Instructor

We didn't have the finish we had hoped for, finished 18th out of 126 cars that started. We had three minor issues, rear brake caliper bracket bolts were loose (lost maybe 5 min), lost an external fuel pump (Walbro)(about 15 min), and had a self induced electrical issue that took out everything interior that took about 10 minutes to repair. Other than that, the car was a dominator, the team that won the race (3rd year in a row) also run an SC300. We didn't have anything for them but we were a solid top 5 car without the self induced issues. We had the car up to 4th at one time before the fuel pump failure. The race was scheduled for 14 hours, but ended up being about 12-1/2 after 2 red flags for lightning in the area. Car was very good in the rain/wet. Our top speed was 138 mph in the section from the bus stop at end of back stretch to just past the start finish line where you enter the interior road course.

Daytona start/finish

Last edited by RXRodger; 04-13-18 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-16-18, 07:31 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Killer picture!! Sorry to hear about your troubles, but it sounds like you guys had a hell of a time! Congratulations on the finish.

Quick Reply: My SC300 Chumpcar Build