Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS460 owner vehicles

Wringo's Welcoming thread!!

Old 05-19-14, 07:57 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wringo's Welcoming thread!!

Well it’s been an exciting few weeks as well as e few sleepless nights, but I think we can finally call her our own? I had been looking forward to selling my GS 300 and moving on to a LS 460 L Black/Black for awhile, but was hesitant for several reasons? One, I really didn’t want to sell my GS after being a swap away from calling it a finished product from start to finish? Two, hesitant to have a car payment again after being without one for quite some time? Last but not least, fear of getting that mod bug again for the LS like I did for the GS and not knowing when to call it quits? Well, to make a long story short, I kept the GS for now and pulled the trigger and found a 2007(48,000 miles) Black/Grey LS 460 L w/ Executive Package and rear DVD Entertainment option.This car had one owner from Tallahassee,Fl and was a Sunday driven Church car for a elderly male. I got a fair deal for it through my credit union and the owner was willing to drive it down to Orlando,Fl to be inspected by the credit union and myself. The car was in mint condition with a few minor issues that needed to be taken care of at a dealership (Recall on valve stem / fuel rails, no TPMS due to aftermarket wheels being stolen and never replaced)? I negotiated a deal with the owner to reduce the price for the replacement of the TMPS ($600.00) and he agreed and we confirmed the deal.

With the help of my friend and member (SBLEXUS), I was pointed in the right direction for a cheaper route of having the TPMS installed and with the help of my friend and member (Alsilverbullet), he had an extra set of sensors from his old 2007 LS and he sweetened the deal for me to purchase them at a very cheap price! Thanks so much guy’s. After a week of driving the car locally around town and allowing the wife to take it to work a few day’s, I decided to schedule an appointment at Lexus of Orlando to take care of the recall work. Prior to it going in, I had 15% tint installed on all windows and 50% on the windshield, but didn’t like the quality of finished product. After having the tint installed, I noticed a small rock chip on the front windshield and decided to have it repaired. The repair work didn't look satisfactory to me with the chip being in my view area, so I had the entire front windshield replaced with OEM Lexus glass ($1600.00) at no charge, thanks to Florida Law and State Farm Insurance. The windshield was replaced and the entire car tint was replaced with 5% tint on all windows and 50% again back on the windshield using Ceramic tint all around.

Took the car in for the recall work on a Tuesday and got it back on Friday with the valve stem/ fuel rails replaced with an added oil change, brake flush, (2) air filters and cabin filter replaced and injection cleaning completed for a piece of mind and ($500.00) out of pocket expense. During the recall work I was advised that the injection plug was broken and replaced during the removing of the injectors when removing the fuel rails. I picked the car up Friday evening, drove it home and parked it for the night. I awakened Saturday to go get it washed/detailed and while driving 10 minutes from home, my dash lights up with codes all over and the car shuts down and won’t restart? I call a tow truck and have it towed back to the dealer after being told they wouldn't pay for the tow? Triple AAA kicks in and drop it off at the dealership and got another loaner car. Got a call on Monday that the injector harness was bad and car would be ready Thursday? I arrived to pick it up Thursday evening and before I even sat down good to drive away, the dash lights up again with codes. I’m disappointed at this point that the car was driving worse after recall work and spending money on recommended work to have it driving better!!! I was told to get another loaner and that they would ensure me that it would be taken care of and fixed? I was going out of town for the weekend and told them that I would be back on Monday to pick it up and to please have it working properly and fixed. Well after (200 miles of mechanical driving), I arrived to pick the car up and was told that the #7 injector failed and was replaced at no cost to me. I wasn't happy about the miles that were put on the car in order to diagnose and fix the problem as long as the problem was fixed. I was issued a full tank of gas, free detail, $25.00 gas card and no charge for the fixed injector. Drove the car away a happy owner and it feels good to see it parked in my garage next to my GS.

I have plans to eventually add a kit and wheels to dress it up to my taste, along with lowering it and a few extras here and there. So far the car is incredible to drive and the entertainment devices inside are top notch. What a nice upgrade from the GS! We got off to a shaky start, but hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out? Here she is in stock mode on her official welcoming to Club Lexus!

2007 LS 460 L w/ Executive package and rear DVD Entertainment options!

Interior Pic's? (Most of these pic's were taken from other members (I hope you don't mind) and the internet to give you an idea of what my car looks like behind that 5% Tint!)

Got my new tag today! Diehard win or lose!! Go Heat!

You get the picture hopefully? Just looking to enjoy the car for now that she's running with no issues and may start modding in 2015! Stay Tuned!

Last edited by Wringo; 06-18-14 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-19-14, 08:08 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Welcome brotha Wringo. Had no idea you were dealing with all that mess up front! Wow..talk about a come up on the 600 large for tpms issue. I got four sensors for less than $100 on ebay and thought that was a great deal. You could buy six sets with that looool. Glad all is good now and if your LS is anywhere near as top notch as your GS was..it will be a showcase for sure. Congrats again...thread subscribed!

Last edited by CJITTY; 05-19-14 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-19-14, 08:48 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome, welcome my brotha Wringo. Here we go I'm gonna park mine, we know what happen when we had( still have) the GS. Lol congrats I know what time it is.
Old 05-19-14, 08:49 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Welcome, welcome my brotha Wringo. Here we go I'm gonna park mine, we know what happen when we had( still have) the GS. Lol congrats I know what time it is.
And we still waiting on pics from Shibumi's shop meet up 3 years ago damn near loool
Old 05-19-14, 08:51 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by CJITTY
And we still waiting on pics from Shibumi's shop meet up 3 years ago damn near loool
I know that's right, who the hell has those pics "Eric".
Old 05-19-14, 08:54 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Wow, the car looks really sharp! Good luck with it, and welcome to the LS460 forum.
Old 05-19-14, 08:58 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Yeah man post some pics.... Congrats on the Ls.. slow on the mods at 1st Ls mods dont usually come cheap. .
Old 05-19-14, 09:08 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,117 Likes on 1,292 Posts

Awesome Wringo! Can't wait to see what you do with this one
Old 05-19-14, 10:28 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome aboard Wringo, your GS is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this car.
Old 05-20-14, 03:08 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Now that is how you make an entrance. Welcome. Looking forward to the mods.
Old 05-20-14, 04:30 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to the LS fam!
Old 05-20-14, 04:35 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

congrats Darrell. well deserved to such a cool and down to earth individual. excited to see what you will do to the LS.
Old 05-20-14, 07:48 AM
CJITTY

Wringo, I am so jelly about you having 5% tint like the President. GA State Patrol would have me in orange suits for that here lmao
Old 05-20-14, 12:38 PM
LexFather

When I saw it on Instagram I immediately knew this was a game changer. Glad we both joined the LS club and I know you are going to kill it with this build!
Old 05-20-14, 01:57 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome brotha Wringo. Had no idea you were dealing with all that mess up front! Wow..talk about a come up on the 600 large for tpms issue. I got four sensors for less than $100 on ebay and thought that was a great deal. You could buy six sets with that looool. Glad all is good now and if your LS is anywhere near as top notch as your GS was..it will be a showcase for sure. Congrats again...thread subscribed!
Yeah, we had a few hiccups, but hopefully I can enjoy the car now!

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Thanks Sam, for all your help and guidance. It's all one happy family here and I learn from guy's like yourself. You got me started in the GS game and here I go following you again? LOL!

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Wow, the car looks really sharp! Good luck with it, and welcome to the LS460 forum.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Yeah man post some pics.... Congrats on the Ls.. slow on the mods at 1st Ls mods dont usually come cheap. .
I found that out real quick! It will be a slow process!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Awesome Wringo! Can't wait to see what you do with this one
Thanks Dave!
Originally Posted by AznRacer
Welcome aboard Wringo, your GS is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with this car.
Thanks! Im already haVING ls Dreamzzzzz!

Originally Posted by greg3852
Now that is how you make an entrance. Welcome. Looking forward to the mods.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Tee
Welcome to the LS fam!
Thanks. Hopefully we can all get together soon! I want Florida/Georgia to start a movement soon? We'll talk!

Originally Posted by tmf2004
congrats Darrell. well deserved to such a cool and down to earth individual. excited to see what you will do to the LS.
Thanks for the kind words Tony! It's your turn to come on over to the "BiG L" family?

Wringo, I am so jelly about you having 5% tint like the President. GA State Patrol would have me in orange suits for that here lmao
It's all good! Florida is a little understanding, but they will get you at times depending on who stops you?

Originally Posted by LexFather
When I saw it on Instagram I immediately knew this was a game changer. Glad we both joined the LS club and I know you are going to kill it with this build!
Thanks and Congrats to you as well!:thumb up:

Thanks for all the kind compliments and making me feel welcome to the Luxury side. It's gonna be a slow process with the build, but I'll keep it clean and simple!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wringo's Welcoming thread!!