Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 05:24 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Wheels Hameed! Great choice buying from Dex. I got his audio system and it was a great experience! Also nice work by overclocker to help you out!

Enjoy the wheels when you can!

-Anthony
Old 01-11-04, 05:46 PM
DickLexus
Rookie

Nice Hameed.. How is the ride and handling compared to the seventeens?
Old 01-11-04, 05:56 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by DickLexus
Nice Hameed.. How is the ride and handling compared to the seventeens?
I completely forgot to mention
Driving Impressions
I upgraded from 235/45-17 Michelin all seasons to these Z rated performance tires and bigger rims. Can you say the difference between night and day?

A MAJOR, MAJOR POSITIVE difference no doubt. Now all of a sudden I can actually feel the road through the steering!! Prior to this upgrade, the steering was less than lifeless....

Now I can feel the road, I have better control of the car as the ride is actually smoother and less bouncy compared to the all seasons. On the other hand on bad roads in Michigan, the car is a tad noisier now (road noise through the tires ofcourse), and the bumps are more noticeable, but nothing uncomfortable or jarring. I had my family with me and nobody even noticed the difference.

Am I ecstatic about these wheels??? YES!!!!!!

I can now understand what some of you say of the experience of driving a Bimmer or Audi when you talk about steering feel. I don't know if the feel in my steering is comparable to a Bimmer or Audi, now, but it certainly is miles and miles better than with the all-seasons that were on it before.

Last edited by Hameed; 01-12-04 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-11-04, 07:02 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking good Hameed......for some reason, I like them alot more on your silver car over how they looked on Dex's car.
Old 01-11-04, 07:24 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
Looking good Hameed......for some reason, I like them alot more on your silver car over how they looked on Dex's car.
Thanks Jeff!! They actually look waaaaay better in person than in any pics I have seen. The transformation to the cars overall appearance is so dramatic, it is almost as if this one single mod is equivalent to all the other mods put together that I have done prior. I am one happy camper!!!
Old 01-11-04, 07:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Hey Ham,

Its good to see a person be so happy about a new mod, it kinda lets you know that simple things can still make us adults happy!!! (not like brats who whine they can't get a new car every year!)

Silver is a better match than SBP. Enjoy your wheels and drive safely!
Old 01-11-04, 07:52 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats Hameed. Sounds like a very satisfied customer.
Old 01-11-04, 09:09 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No doubt Hameed, a nice set of wheels is the single best mod for the looks of any car. Nothing can change the look of the car more than the wheels...n my opinion anyhow.
Old 01-11-04, 09:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by TTurboPimp
No doubt Hameed, a nice set of wheels is the single best mod for the looks of any car. Nothing can change the look of the car more than the wheels...n my opinion anyhow.
Ditto

1. Wheels

2. Aero

3. Lowering

For the top 3 things that can TOTALLY change the look of a car!
Old 01-11-04, 09:48 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

Congrats on the new wheels...lookin' good bro!

-Seize
Old 01-11-04, 10:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

welcome to the club hameed! me together with other hre owners proudly welcome you so now you know what's the real deal huh? i had my 19s volks, thought they were nice, but it's not under i got my 20s hre that i know what's really aggressive look. when the car is jacked up, you literally think the whole wheel sticks outside the fender, it's how aggressive the setup is. and that's the real deal man

congrats and can't wait to see the car lowered again on the flex together with the brakes put on

and yes wheels make a HUGE difference. i had the 5 spoke volks, looked good, sporty, but changed to these hre, and suddenly the car look so classy
Old 01-11-04, 10:39 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Congrats Hameed, glad you like 'em! I agree, they look better on silver than they did on blue. I hope they arrived up there in the shape they left... they were in like new / in perfect condition when I last saw them in Dex's apt.

Post more pics (off of the lift!).
Old 01-11-04, 11:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by DaveGS4
Congrats Hameed, glad you like 'em! I agree, they look better on silver than they did on blue. I hope they arrived up there in the shape they left... they were in like new / in perfect condition when I last saw them in Dex's apt.

Post more pics (off of the lift!).
haha that's off the lift already i think
Old 01-12-04, 01:41 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

The suspension mods on your car sound sweet. I bet that thing is a blast to drive. Once you get the TEINs on, a 2" drop minimum is in order! Looks great too.
Old 01-12-04, 03:17 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Thanks everybody for the kind words! This mod makes my car feel like a brand new car again!!
Originally posted by Neo
Congrats Hameed. Sounds like a very satisfied customer.
Yes Indeed!!!
Originally posted by DGOT20s
Its good to see a person be so happy about a new mod, it kinda lets you know that simple things can still make us adults happy!!! (not like brats who whine they can't get a new car every year!)
Silver is a better match than SBP. Enjoy your wheels and drive safely!
Thanks D!!
Simple mod???? Wheels are a major mod!!!! . What is SBP by the way?
Originally posted by rominl
Welcome to the club hameed! me together with other hre owners proudly welcome you so now you know what's the real deal huh? i had my 19s volks, thought they were nice, but it's not under i got my 20s hre that i know what's really aggressive look. when the car is jacked up, you literally think the whole wheel sticks outside the fender, it's how aggressive the setup is. and that's the real deal man

Congrats and can't wait to see the car lowered again on the flex together with the brakes put on

and yes wheels make a HUGE difference. i had the 5 spoke volks, looked good, sporty, but changed to these hre, and suddenly the car look so classy
Thanks Henry!! I've been dying to join the HRE club ever since I discovered HRE Wheels! I am glad I waited for just the right opportunity! I still can't get over how aggresive they look - the pics don't really convey that impression. HRE's are the real deal!!

Quick Reply: My GS400 modding journal - commenced Feb. 2003