Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Ej's GS Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 08:04 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uberEJ
Yeah I hated being on coils with the awd models the upper control arms always slammed the frame when I hit a bump which is why I went with bags.

Yes, unfortunately you have to send them out unless you know the exact measurements to cut and re weld the rear shock housing. They will put everything together for you so basically u just need to put them on the car and make your height adjustments. I don't have any pics fully aired up but it sits at stock height when it is. The fronts don't need any modifications but they do replace all the unnecessary parts and send it back you with your coils

Sucks.

So, do you do most of your driving with it aired at stock height? I replaced my Axles 3 times already riding static the last 3 years-1 set of axles each year is not so bad considering how low i was, but With air, I would probably ride aired up most of the time. Really on the fence about which bag to go with though. I seen Kaobito (sp?) on here have a full set of megan struts/UAS bags for sale, but I just wanna do it right the first time. Considering a full AIR/STRUT combo from other companies though. How does yours ride with the BC over UAS? Thank you for your input and thread..
Old 03-21-16, 12:52 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Sucks.

So, do you do most of your driving with it aired at stock height? I replaced my Axles 3 times already riding static the last 3 years-1 set of axles each year is not so bad considering how low i was, but With air, I would probably ride aired up most of the time. Really on the fence about which bag to go with though. I seen Kaobito (sp?) on here have a full set of megan struts/UAS bags for sale, but I just wanna do it right the first time. Considering a full AIR/STRUT combo from other companies though. How does yours ride with the BC over UAS? Thank you for your input and thread..
Well mine rides pretty good still feels a lot stiffer than stock suspension but I do have my dampening up... Not all the way though. Harry is a good dude and friend of mine he'll tell you exactly what he thinks of his setup. I can't personally tell you since I haven't ridden in his car but hit him up. Ill tell him to reply to this thread. I love my ride, comfortable and smooth. You can't really go wrong with bag over coil comparing to an air strut combo itself. I ride about an inch from tie to fender. Hope that helps.
Old 03-21-16, 07:04 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Well mine rides pretty good still feels a lot stiffer than stock suspension but I do have my dampening up... Not all the way though. Harry is a good dude and friend of mine he'll tell you exactly what he thinks of his setup. I can't personally tell you since I haven't ridden in his car but hit him up. Ill tell him to reply to this thread. I love my ride, comfortable and smooth. You can't really go wrong with bag over coil comparing to an air strut combo itself. I ride about an inch from tie to fender. Hope that helps.
Every little piece of evidence helps. I appreciate it! Most of these threads are filled with information, I guess you just have to sift through them if you want the information bad enough. There isnt much info for us AWD owners though..

Now, is the ride with the UAS/BC coils comparable to how it rode on BCR's alone? I have BCR's at the moment with swift springs. I dont have too many complaints about the ride at all, but I would not want a ride that is less comfortable than that of my current setup. I talked to Harry over PM, he stated they rode well, but my concern mostly is that they are used and can blow at any moment. Slight gamble buying used parts as there is no warranty or customer service that comes along with it if I ran into trouble..

I got a pretty good deal at the moment on the new Airlift struts/bags combo that they just released for AWD specifically. I am considering it, but there are not any reviews on it, so if I go that route I most likely will be the guinea pig for us AWD 3GS owners..

As far as i know we are very limited to the BAG or bag/strut combo. We either have UAS bags over pretty much any type of coilover, or We have these airlift struts. Is there any other alternative you know of?..

Any updates on your car as well by any chance? A lot of people are getting out of the 3GS scene. At least the ones that are doing anything credible in terms of modification. I am seeing too many halfway modders lately lol I dont like it, but thats the nature of the game when your car becomes affordable
Old 03-28-16, 02:21 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Skylar978
Every little piece of evidence helps. I appreciate it! Most of these threads are filled with information, I guess you just have to sift through them if you want the information bad enough. There isnt much info for us AWD owners though..

Now, is the ride with the UAS/BC coils comparable to how it rode on BCR's alone? I have BCR's at the moment with swift springs. I dont have too many complaints about the ride at all, but I would not want a ride that is less comfortable than that of my current setup. I talked to Harry over PM, he stated they rode well, but my concern mostly is that they are used and can blow at any moment. Slight gamble buying used parts as there is no warranty or customer service that comes along with it if I ran into trouble..

I got a pretty good deal at the moment on the new Airlift struts/bags combo that they just released for AWD specifically. I am considering it, but there are not any reviews on it, so if I go that route I most likely will be the guinea pig for us AWD 3GS owners..

As far as i know we are very limited to the BAG or bag/strut combo. We either have UAS bags over pretty much any type of coilover, or We have these airlift struts. Is there any other alternative you know of?..

Any updates on your car as well by any chance? A lot of people are getting out of the 3GS scene. At least the ones that are doing anything credible in terms of modification. I am seeing too many halfway modders lately lol I dont like it, but thats the nature of the game when your car becomes affordable
It rides a lot smoother actually the bc coils seem to work much better with the bags in terms of comfort ability and handling. I don't mean to bad mouth any companies but I've had experience with many different bag/struts combos(coilovers made with bags on them) and most seem to ride a bit too soft even with their dampening maxed. I guess it's setup more for comfort ability than any type of handling but that's just my opinion. I really prefer the "bag over coils" with the bc setup. It doesn't seem like my car is bagged . when it comes to handling and it rides really smooth like how I think air ride should. I know someone who has switched from airlifts 3h back to accuair because he said he didn't like the management compared to accuairs. However he did enjoy the remote control over accuairs... And I must say I like it too. But not enough for me to switch over.

I've been meaning to post an update since I recently just installed my shortened knuckles and I must say I am extremely happy with the results

Old 03-28-16, 08:36 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Wow, thats how it should be! Im gonna need to shorten my knuckles as well now...not sure who will do it, but I am guessing a competent welder can.

With the shortened knuckles, is your air up height affected at all? Does it shorten the overall height when you air up as well, or can you go up to stockish height still?

Are you going to be doing RCA's in the rear? You have front RCA's, or just the shortened knuckles?
Old 04-02-16, 07:47 PM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

I'm not running any RCA actually. The lower knuckles will affect your height but it matters on your coilovers adjustments and your bag inflated
Old 04-04-16, 09:57 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

wow made such a big difference , GS looking good
Old 04-10-16, 07:29 PM
kagoostin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumper came out nicely
Old 04-11-16, 10:46 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PROSTAR
wow made such a big difference , GS looking good
Originally Posted by kagoostin
Bumper came out nicely
Thank you, and yeah it does make a huge difference to how the GS looks.
Old 05-02-16, 02:48 PM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

this car is awesome, and being from iowa, its nice to see an AWD project like this! looking to get into a 3GS and i was against AWD because of the ride height and suspension tuning issues that they present, but after seeing this I'm definitely in the AWD market now! I'm not even looking to go crazy either i just want a nice low ride with some good looking rims and a lip kit. basically where your car was with the 5zigen rims on it is perfect for me suspension and rims wise!

Last edited by FortuneLS; 05-02-16 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-12-16, 01:15 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FortuneSC
this car is awesome, and being from iowa, its nice to see an AWD project like this! looking to get into a 3GS and i was against AWD because of the ride height and suspension tuning issues that they present, but after seeing this I'm definitely in the AWD market now! I'm not even looking to go crazy either i just want a nice low ride with some good looking rims and a lip kit. basically where your car was with the 5zigen rims on it is perfect for me suspension and rims wise!
Woah sorry such a later reply but yeah I had coilovers with the 5zigens you may get vibrations but the figs LCA bushings help it a lot.
Old 06-12-16, 01:18 AM
uberEJ
Lead Lap

Man it's been awhile since I was able to post in here since I've been so busy with work but I was able to get off work early and make some minor changes on my car. I relocated my Zaetech digigauge to the unused cassette player. What you guys think? <br >
Old 06-19-16, 08:22 AM
FortuneLS
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Man it's been awhile since I was able to post in here since I've been so busy with work but I was able to get off work early and make some minor changes on my car. I relocated my Zaetech digigauge to the unused cassette player. What you guys think?
thats awesome! I'm just waiting on a couple parts to arrive then ill be putting my suspension on1 hopefully next weekend! i went with springs to start out like you did, so we'll see where it goes from there. Heres what i have laying around waiting for install:

Last edited by FortuneLS; 06-19-16 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Pics
Old 06-20-16, 05:55 PM
mr. tetsuo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man it's been awhile since I was able to post in here since I've been so busy with work but I was able to get off work early and make some minor changes on my car. I relocated my Zaetech digigauge to the unused cassette player. What you guys think? <br >
looks very OEM
Old 06-20-16, 06:27 PM
FSinatra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! So clean. Looks like it was made for just that spot. Great work man.

Quick Reply: Ej's GS Build