Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Found it, Saved it, and Loving it.. SC400

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-13, 06:00 AM
DeeJayJimi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found it, Saved it, and Loving it.. SC400

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share with you guys a little build I am working on and I will abmit it will take some time to get this little baby up to 100% but I am going to do my best...

So I found this Leuxs SC400 on Facebook. Someone was trying to get rid of the car... I watched it for a few months and noticed no one wanted it. Read comments and everything. People said it was ruff and not run... So I took the chance to go checked the car out. I will say it was ruff and beat up but I saw allot of maybes.... So I talked to the girl and she pretty much told me that no one wants it and is willin' to pay me to tow it off. I told her ok but I rather double that and get the title to the car... I mean she was going to give up on it and just throw it away....

Here she is at the house... The night I towed it home... it starts, runs, but won't move under it's own power.... My guess at the time was timing and tune up.....

So took it to a friends shop and got started on working on it....

So after timing belt, tune up and some more little love and care she is alive and well... Enjoying the fact that I spent very little for the car to get running I started to look into wheels and what not. So I founded some supra wheels on CL and got the asap... MKIV 17 inch Turbo wheels... But not to mention that the Rear wheels was streatch 2 inches... So I have 17x11 in the rear and 17x8 fronts....

Really diggin' the look I was ready to personalized my car... So I looked around and aimed at doing something no one does in my local town... So I found it....

I know it's childish but I love the attention I get with the sticker bomb.... Ladies love it..
So I must say I really enjoy this car... I have always wanted one when I was 16 and after finding this one for such a great deal I just had to get it....
Old 08-22-13, 08:28 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I love the TT wheels the best. The stickers will have to go!!!!! Sorry man.

Welcome to CL.

What was wrong with it?
Old 08-22-13, 08:51 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Great find most especially on the wheels .. if you get tired of the wheels , I will buy them !

The stickers as Mark said not for me ... but hey , enjoy it and do whatever you want . It's your car ! Good Luck .
Old 08-22-13, 08:58 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bought pre-made sticker bombing ??? To each their own i guess!!

Looks cool, but i figure you woulda done it yourself for more originality
Old 08-23-13, 05:43 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It' your car, so obviously, do what you want...Nice find...Agree with others on the TT wheels. Stickers though...They are, quite frankly, Ugly as hell...No offense intended, just being honest. Some CF wrap in the place of that wrap you used would have looked a 1000 times nicer. IMHO.

Ryan
Old 08-23-13, 07:49 PM
MacGyverQu
Rookie

Enjoy your ride however you see fit. Thanks for sharing and I think it's pretty dope.
Old 08-24-13, 04:44 AM
gtsfire
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
It' your car, so obviously, do what you want...Nice find...Agree with others on the TT wheels. Stickers though...They are, quite frankly, Ugly as hell...No offense intended, just being honest. Some CF wrap in the place of that wrap you used would have looked a 1000 times nicer. IMHO.

Ryan
Agreed. Enjoy the car though.
Old 08-24-13, 11:47 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the stickers are actually ...kind of neat. but my personal opinion is that it doesn't belong on a Lexus, maybe something else like a 240 or honda. (No disrespect, I've owned my fair share of Hondas and loved them). It reminds me of the Toki Doki stuff that my daughter has all over her room..lol

Nonetheless, like others have said, it's your car and if that's what floats your boat. Oh and I guess if the ladies like it, than

Another for those TT wheels. Love it.

What's your future plans?
Old 08-25-13, 06:53 PM
BAD954BOI
Lexus Champion

More pics on the stance
Old 08-27-13, 03:48 PM
DeeJayJimi
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys!! Like I said the sticker bomb was childish but I do like it... What brought me on to it was the lip was shattered and cracked so I did the sticker bomb to hide all the cracks... The busy graphic hides it very well... Plus I can careless is I bust it cuz I can always redo it...

Thank you on the Supra wheels guys... It was a great find. Best find as of far! Looking for some more so I can stretch the front wheels from 8s to 10s...

Next goal... Full coil over and then look into the 2uz block swap... Tq Convertor shift kit and maybe ITBs idk yet it's a toy!!!!
Old 08-28-13, 02:42 AM
DeeJayJimi
Driver School Candidate

These are all I have that has to do with the fitment or stance of the car... I am going to have to take some after work... But here is my try...
Old 09-01-13, 07:35 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

I kinda like the sticker bombing! Definitely want to see the 2uz...
Old 09-01-13, 08:06 PM
IanWatson
Pole Position

Very nice find, I am glad more and more people are saving these things
Old 09-02-13, 06:35 AM
DeeJayJimi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FAT HEAD
I kinda like the sticker bombing! Definitely want to see the 2uz...
Thanks man, like I said I did it to cover up the cracked lip... but day after day it grows on me... The other day I was driving threw a parkinglot and this couple walked infornt of my car... The Woman stopped and pointed out my lip and stood there smiling and looking.. Her man had to come back and grab her to pull her away from looking at the lip... It made me laugh... So yeah this stickerbomb puts a smile on my face day after day...lol

As for the 2UZ once I gut done with my 2JZ-GE NA-T build I'll start on the 2UZ build and swap...
Old 09-02-13, 06:36 AM
DeeJayJimi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IanWatson
Very nice find, I am glad more and more people are saving these things
Thank you bro... Yes I am pretty glad too... I got two friends that just picked up SCs as well... A 400 and a 300... So yes it is nice... Saving an SC day by Day....

Quick Reply: Found it, Saved it, and Loving it.. SC400