Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

The methodical boilerplate build

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 08:16 PM
Mrmartin
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some guy was parting out his 430 on FB so I bought the goodies from it.
Old 03-24-14, 10:31 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Had error P0430 show up a few weeks ago. Ordered the bank 2 sensor 2 O2 sensor from Rock Auto. Finally got it installed over the weekend. Made it about 15 miles before the check engine light came on. Figured I'd replace the cheapest part first and work up from there. P0430 reads cat on bank 2 is bad. Looking into a GTE swap within the next year so I don't want to swap out the exhaust manifold/cat system that i'll only use for a year.

I guess I'll have to install some spark plug non-foulers to get past inspection for the time being. The car runs and drives fine and gas milage hasn't went down. If the cat was bad-bad I figured I'd have hessitation/lack of power issues. Is there something else to check/replace that is on the cheap side?

Also. car is back from the body shop and the right parts were installed this time!!!

I also have an extra 01-05 cluster trim for sale with harness if anyone is looking.

Last edited by Mrmartin; 03-24-14 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-18-14, 10:24 PM
ChaceG
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any pics or threads on what your new lighting setup looks like? I've got stock everything (auto-level HIDs) but I'm looking at new bulbs so I would love to see what you've got! Also interested in your dome/map light conversion and the VIAS SLI iPod integration kit. Any pics, videos, threads, walk-throughs appreciated! Love the car!
Old 04-18-14, 10:28 PM
ChaceG
Driver School Candidate

Woops! Just saw all of the pics you posted. Thanks!
Old 07-14-14, 08:05 PM
Mrmartin
Driver

Well it's been awhile and I haven't done anything to it besides removing the SLI integration iPod unit. My next mod is on it's way from Japan in a week or so. Picked up a Walnut Package Aristo steering wheel that's got some bad wear on the leather. I will have it reupholstered to match my black interior. Also bought the ashtray and chrome shifter trim. Those will be up for sale once I have them in my hands. Here are a few pics of the wheel and some options from an Aristo brochure I picked up a few months ago.

Old 07-14-14, 08:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

how did you score these? yahoo auctions?
Old 07-15-14, 05:03 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

I haven't used yahoo auctions yet. I go through upgarge and junk yards. I have a few friends over there that keep their eye out. I'm working on a hook up for the Crown Athlete wide angle mirrors. They seem near impossible to get for some reason. Plus, I'm not paying $200 for those from that elite website.
Old 07-17-14, 07:46 PM
Mrmartin
Driver

Was reading some DIY's on my lunch break today and ran across debadging. So I bought some stuff after work and knocked it out.

Used these items...

Here are some pics throughout the process. Lots of build up behind badges so I had to work at it with the rubbing compound.

This is what was left after the adhesive remover. Rubbing compound to do the rest.

The spots where I used the rubbing compound is dull. I read you can use a polish then wax over it. Not too sure, still have to read up on it.
Old 07-18-14, 01:26 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I did the same steps years ago with adhesive remover , compound , and polish. no scratches or shadows of any sort.
Old 07-18-14, 05:11 AM
Mrmartin
Driver

Yea, I did a step wrong. I didn't put any polish on afterwards. I put one coat of wax and then the sun went down. I'll try stripping the wax and polishing it, then rewax to see what happens. If I still have a mark I'll take it to a professional detailer and get the whole nine yards done.
Old 07-18-14, 06:05 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Mrmartin
Yea, I did a step wrong. I didn't put any polish on afterwards. I put one coat of wax and then the sun went down. I'll try stripping the wax and polishing it, then rewax to see what happens. If I still have a mark I'll take it to a professional detailer and get the whole nine yards done.
at the time I used a turtle wax compound then followed with m205 I think then regular polish. all by hand until no scratches. a buffer would be quicker .
Old 07-18-14, 06:39 AM
armanitran
Lead Lap

Your car originally looked like a beautiful unicorn. Everything was so mint. Your black roof looks great!
Old 07-18-14, 06:28 PM
mlracing
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, when I did mine some paint stripped off >_<
Old 07-19-14, 02:16 AM
DOPEPICS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mods are good so far....great taste
Old 07-26-14, 12:50 PM
Mrmartin
Driver

Purchased the 90 degree non fouler to repair my P0430 error. Already replaced the bank 2 sensor 2 o2 sensor with no luck. The 90 degree non fouler doesn't fit at all without looking ghetto. Ran to Autozone and picked up a regular non fouler for 5 bucks. Drilled the center to 15/32's, installed, erased codes, drove 25 miles with no check engine light. Went straight to an inspection station to get an inspection before another light decides to come on. Now I'm at 100 miles with no CEL so I believe everything is fine once again!

Quick Reply: The methodical boilerplate build