Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3IS owner vehicles

r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 09:50 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by davey14
Hey bro do you run a square 18x10 +39 setup or is it staggered? If so what's your front spec?
hey whats up man...

its a square setup. i couldnt fit the Toyo R1Rs i wanted in the front so i had to use the stock REAR 255/35/18 bridgestones in the front. plus i had to run a 5mm spacer in the front because with the width of the rim AND the offset i was hitting the knuckle... =/ if i had a choice i wouldnt have gone any bigger than 9.5 maybe even 9 in the front but these particular rims only come in certain sizes

what are you thinking of running?
Old 04-16-14, 12:49 PM
davey14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my IS yet but when I get it I'd like to run a staggered te37rt but the smallest bulletproof automotive has is 18x9.5 +23 so I'm wondering if that would fit the fronts. How about the rears though? Any fitment issues?

Last edited by davey14; 04-16-14 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-17-14, 09:48 AM
feezy528
Driver School Candidate

Exhaust is sound great!!
Old 04-18-14, 01:35 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by davey14
I don't have my IS yet but when I get it I'd like to run a staggered te37rt but the smallest bulletproof automotive has is 18x9.5 +23 so I'm wondering if that would fit the fronts. How about the rears though? Any fitment issues?
well...+45 is stock and i have +39 with a 5mm spacer so its technically +34 in the front which sticks out a little and +23 is going to stick out A LOT. unless you're going to go wide body...the RT is going to limit your size options. These are really made for a wide body application according to Rays. if you REALLY want staggered i think the only option i had for a smaller rim was the 17 inch RT in the front because these come with a less aggressive offset.. You would just need a taller tire to offset the height of the rear like 35 in the rear and 45 in the front.

no matter how you look at it, unless you go with the 17inch ones, you are looking at fender work with the RTs. my setup in the RT lineup will require the least fender work. i've already had to shave the rears a bit and ill be rolling the fronts very very soon. you'll have to stretch the front tires for clearance. and the biggest size to be safe in the rear is 255 tire wise. and dont even think about slamming it...you wont be able to. in fact, i have to raise it before i track/canyon the car again. so these are the caveats to have these beautiful wheels on the 3IS. if youre ok with all of this then go for it. otherwise stick with the regular TE37s which offer more sizes... =)

good luck!

Originally Posted by feezy528
Exhaust is sound great!!
thanks!! it sounds even more amazing in person. Ark did a great job on this one...
Old 04-21-14, 12:23 PM
anhzie
Pole Position

hey bro! u should put in Manual mode so can hear perfect sound heheheh :P checkout my insta nad my thread for straight pipe ^_^
Old 04-22-14, 09:49 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

not the greatest pics but i had to get something up...
Attached Thumbnails r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-img_1955.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-img_1951.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-img_1952.jpg   r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread-img_1954.jpg  
Old 04-22-14, 10:00 PM
ISDAS
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by r0shiro
not the greatest pics but i had to get something up...
So good...

Any chance your getting the rear CF lip to complement?

Also post some new vids up already haha
Old 04-22-14, 10:26 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISDAS
So good...

Any chance your getting the rear CF lip to complement?

Also post some new vids up already haha
hahaha...ill post some soon! looking to go to the canyons soon... =)

its all about balance so yes there will be some rear diffuser action going on...but it'll be unexpected
Old 04-22-14, 10:45 PM
davey14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by r0shiro
well...+45 is stock and i have +39 with a 5mm spacer so its technically +34 in the front which sticks out a little and +23 is going to stick out A LOT. unless you're going to go wide body...the RT is going to limit your size options. These are really made for a wide body application according to Rays. if you REALLY want staggered i think the only option i had for a smaller rim was the 17 inch RT in the front because these come with a less aggressive offset.. You would just need a taller tire to offset the height of the rear like 35 in the rear and 45 in the front.

no matter how you look at it, unless you go with the 17inch ones, you are looking at fender work with the RTs. my setup in the RT lineup will require the least fender work. i've already had to shave the rears a bit and ill be rolling the fronts very very soon. you'll have to stretch the front tires for clearance. and the biggest size to be safe in the rear is 255 tire wise. and dont even think about slamming it...you wont be able to. in fact, i have to raise it before i track/canyon the car again. so these are the caveats to have these beautiful wheels on the 3IS. if youre ok with all of this then go for it. otherwise stick with the regular TE37s which offer more sizes... =)

good luck!
What's the spec on the stock wheels. Is it staggered or square setup?
Old 04-23-14, 12:49 AM
Larry96815
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey rOshiro,

Pix in front of a hula halau? You from Hawaii?
Old 04-23-14, 09:16 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Larry96815
Hey rOshiro,

Pix in front of a hula halau? You from Hawaii?
Hey Larry,

No I'm not...i wish! lol. This is somewhere in the OC in southern california. =)

same thing right? haha...
Old 04-26-14, 07:39 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

exhaust sounds amazing bro
Old 04-27-14, 12:07 PM
lov3kuraki
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

wondering about your video, cuz there is some weird sound?
is that normal? or from exhaust?

i am really interest to get this exhaust,

and i am waiting for my J5 suspension!!! can't wait~

thanks,
Old 04-28-14, 08:56 AM
RayG
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great bro !
Old 04-29-14, 07:32 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lov3kuraki
Hi,

wondering about your video, cuz there is some weird sound?
is that normal? or from exhaust?

i am really interest to get this exhaust,

and i am waiting for my J5 suspension!!! can't wait~

thanks,
Hey Kuraki,

the sound wasnt from the exhaust. Unless you're talking about the AWESOME sound...then yes...that was the exhaust

Im a bit too aggressive in the rear so when the rear dips enough it scrapes along the fender lining. It sounds gnarly at those speeds so that's the sound you keep hearing every so oftern. Funny enough i check the fender lining periodically and the rubbing isnt tearing through it like i thought...go figure...just sounds horrible. It was my fault anyway...im not at a height where i should be canyon running or tracking the car so i knew going in i was going to hear some harsh noises... I'll have it track ready soon

The exhaust should be in stock within 1-2 weeks. I was just told by Ark Performance. and you will love the suspension dude!! super light and incredibly strong.

Quick Reply: r0shiro's 3IS Build Thread