Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

MK4Sup_isF/Mr2envi SFP isF build!!!!!!!!

Old 10-08-14, 06:29 AM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow looks amazing. Very aggressive. Looks well put together with all of the parts.

It seems like you daily drive your car, so do you worry about the hood popping up while driving?
Of all the carbon fiber and vented carbon fiber hoods I've seen on Club Lexus on 2IS and IS F, none have used hood pins.

Also, what about rain getting into the vents?
Old 10-08-14, 12:13 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LO 21
Wow looks amazing. Very aggressive. Looks well put together with all of the parts.

It seems like you daily drive your car, so do you worry about the hood popping up while driving?
Of all the carbon fiber and vented carbon fiber hoods I've seen on Club Lexus on 2IS and IS F, none have used hood pins.

Also, what about rain getting into the vents?
Triple digits is fine. No lift what do ever. Plenty of people have taken the hood to 140+. The front fitment of this Seibon hood is perfect so there is no air to get under to lift it up, good fitment overall.
Here is another pic of my car :0)
Attached Thumbnails MK4Sup_isF/Mr2envi SFP isF build!!!!!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 10-09-14, 06:42 AM
BS ISF
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

looks great! Hood came out perfect! well done!
Old 10-14-14, 05:54 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BS ISF
looks great! Hood came out perfect! well done!
Thanks bro! I finally got to see my car while I was driving my buddy's F. I love it even more. My car sounds so loud when I was driving my buddy's F, and he has Sikky + Joe Z too.
Old 10-30-14, 06:16 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Looking awesome dude!

Definitely the way I want to go with the hood/bonnet as we call it over here!

I noticed someone asked you what you do about the vents allowing water into the engine bay? Any answers on that one? I'm just curious whereabouts the vents line up under the hood?

Only real thing that could get water marked on mine would be the oil filler cap and the Cusco front strut brace.

Does set things off really nicely though.

What else have you got lined up for it? Think it's pretty awesome as it stands!

Cheers.

Peter
Old 10-30-14, 02:18 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Looking awesome dude!

Definitely the way I want to go with the hood/bonnet as we call it over here!

I noticed someone asked you what you do about the vents allowing water into the engine bay? Any answers on that one? I'm just curious whereabouts the vents line up under the hood?

Only real thing that could get water marked on mine would be the oil filler cap and the Cusco front strut brace.

Does set things off really nicely though.

What else have you got lined up for it? Think it's pretty awesome as it stands!

Cheers.

Peter
As long as you don't spray water through the vents while you are washing the car, it's not a problem with rain or water draining through the vents. Engine cover directs the water away from anything electronic and toward the headers on each side.
As far as next mod, maybe equal length headers and I'll hold off for a few months. I have been modding like crazy
Last Sunday at Lexus of Riverside #Fyeah2014 event
Attached Thumbnails MK4Sup_isF/Mr2envi SFP isF build!!!!!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 11-04-14, 09:27 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,836 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
... so there is no air to get under to lift it up...
This is not how aerodynamics works. Airspeed over the hood reduces pressure on the top side. Static air underneath the hood causes lift because the reduced pressure on the top from forward speed creates an imbalance. The faster you go, the greater the lift. Air "getting under the hood" is not what causes the problem, and there is no way to stop air from getting under the hood just as there is no way to slow the air over the hood without creating massive drag. Suffice it to say, the OEM mechanism to latch the hood is strong enough to deal with the lift the hoods make - OEM or aftermarket - without hood pins. Actually, because of the vents on the Seibon, there is probably less lift than the OEM hood because the vents cause the air to stall and increase pressure on the top side.

A proper splitter works exactly the opposite - fast moving air underneath the splitter creates low pressure on the bottom while the stalled air on the top side creates higher pressure. This is what makes a splitter create downforce.

If you stuck some inch long pieces of yarn in a pattern around the vents, you might very well be surprised at which way the air is moving on the vents.
Old 11-04-14, 01:32 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
This is not how aerodynamics works. Airspeed over the hood reduces pressure on the top side. Static air underneath the hood causes lift because the reduced pressure on the top from forward speed creates an imbalance. The faster you go, the greater the lift. Air "getting under the hood" is not what causes the problem, and there is no way to stop air from getting under the hood just as there is no way to slow the air over the hood without creating massive drag. Suffice it to say, the OEM mechanism to latch the hood is strong enough to deal with the lift the hoods make - OEM or aftermarket - without hood pins. Actually, because of the vents on the Seibon, there is probably less lift than the OEM hood because the vents cause the air to stall and increase pressure on the top side.

A proper splitter works exactly the opposite - fast moving air underneath the splitter creates low pressure on the bottom while the stalled air on the top side creates higher pressure. This is what makes a splitter create downforce.

If you stuck some inch long pieces of yarn in a pattern around the vents, you might very well be surprised at which way the air is moving on the vents.
Good idea! I'll try it out this weekend
Old 11-20-14, 07:59 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

I went to European Auto Source, EAS in Anaheim, today to dyno my car before testing out the Vivid Racing tune. EAS is very big in the BMW M community that dyno many M cars. I'm curious on how my numbers vs the M3/4 on the same dyno. Darron tagged along to check out my car on the dyno and he got the itch so he put his car on the dyno too for numbers. GoPro video to come

My car, 08 107k miles with Meisterschaft exhaust and Sikky headers. Light weight two pieces Racing Brake rotors and TE37 19x10.5 wheels if that matters. Here are the numbers my car pulled. 4th run, the last run, gave the best numbers actually. The car seemed to pull harder and harder after each run, and the dyno numbers backed it up. Run 4 was imidiately after run 3 so there is no cooling down period in between.
DYNOJET 91 oct California fuel
4th run, 404whp 382wtq

Darron's car number
Mods, Sikky headers and Joe Z exhaust

Old 12-14-14, 12:59 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

A few awesome updates this week. Red OEM seats, LSD pumpkin and steering ECU from a 12' ISF. Totoally happy!!

Old 12-14-14, 01:52 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Love the seats.
Did you buy the seats or trade them with someone?

How is the new steering ECU?
Old 12-14-14, 02:26 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rossi
Love the seats.
Did you buy the seats or trade them with someone?

How is the new steering ECU?
Traded. Steering ecu is still calibrated with the 2012 car that it came from. Even with that, it felt much more precise than the 08-10. It was actually sloppy/loose the first 30-40 miles and then the steering wheel seemed to adjusted/learned and got so much better. At least that's what it felt like to me
Old 12-14-14, 02:35 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

So lucky to get those seats :-) awesome!!

I am so eager to upgrade my steering ECU......just never got around it.
I just hope it is worth the $$$.
The following users liked this post:
hhss (11-23-19)
Old 12-14-14, 04:05 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great mods all around, I love everything you have done!
Old 12-14-14, 07:30 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rossi
So lucky to get those seats :-) awesome!!

I am so eager to upgrade my steering ECU......just never got around it.
I just hope it is worth the $$$.
I think so. You can get a couple of hundred back for your 08 ecu to the regular ISx50 crowd
Originally Posted by Sylvan
Great mods all around, I love everything you have done!
Thanks bro! I think the red seats is the best mod I have done. Softer cushion for my bottom and so pleasing to the eyes whenever I'm in the car. I can't see my exterior mods lol, that's for people around me to see.