Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

LOL M3 2012 ISF Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 01:42 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took a few pictures, my car is incredibly dirty so I do apologize lol.

ALSO if anyone is interested I am going to have Sikky headers for sale next week once my PPEs come in.

Last edited by LOLM3; 09-19-13 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-19-13, 03:05 PM
aWorkOfArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Hot Damn your ride is sexy! I need to get me a Tom's kit! Yours and Blitz are my two MM idols LOL!
Old 09-19-13, 05:18 PM
Lmood
Lexus Test Driver

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

car looks great! question for ya, did you drill holes in your spoiler for the lexus emblem or did you clip the tabs off?
Old 09-20-13, 01:02 AM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SexyLexus
^ Hot Damn your ride is sexy! I need to get me a Tom's kit! Yours and Blitz are my two MM idols LOL!
Tom's is the way to go imo. Thanks haha

Originally Posted by Lmood
car looks great! question for ya, did you drill holes in your spoiler for the lexus emblem or did you clip the tabs off?
Thanks, I just cut the tabs off. In December I am going to get the wald lip molded, shaved and have the badge holder filled in flush. Much like Devin and Cary's ISF

Old 09-20-13, 08:02 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks good
Old 09-20-13, 01:10 PM
StealthFF
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE=LOLM3;8148332]Took a few pictures, my car is incredibly dirty so I do apologize lol.

ALSO if anyone is interested I am going to have Sikky headers for sale next week once my PPEs come in.

...LOLM3, silly question there may be something im missing, but isnt the power gained between sikky and ppe similar? Why the switch?..I currently have sikky and was under the impression they were quite comperable.
Old 09-20-13, 02:54 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Defratos
Looks good
Thanks!

Originally Posted by StealthFF
LOLM3, silly question there may be something im missing, but isnt the power gained between sikky and ppe similar? Why the switch?..I currently have sikky and was under the impression they were quite comperable.
Yeah, but I always wanted PPEs from the get go, the welds, quality, and fitment are much better. Also PPE is located in AZ which is where I currently am for the next month. I will be doing dyno runs at vivid racing of the Sikky headers vs. the PPEs to find out definitively the power differences
Old 10-16-13, 07:02 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

This isn't your typical Sikky vs. PPE header thread. I switched from Sikky headers to PPE headers and all I can say is I feel more response/power with the PPE headers and they looked A LOT better.
We did have an issue with the CEL P0607 and P0138 kept popping up we were puzzled. The next day after 6 hours of double checking the module and the connections Ryan found out that two of the pins in the o2 harness extension were reversed. After we flipped them I still had a few CELs pop up but then they all went away on my drive around the block. So if you run into this issue make sure the o2 harness extension is wired correctly!
Modifications were the same before and after the install except for the headers. Only notable power modifications are Sikky/PPE headers and a Borla Exhaust with the cats and resonator removed. All runs were done in with sport mode and in 6th . The Mustang dyno was clearly having some issues when we ran the post install setup with PPEs as we saw gains of up to ~170whp. Rob (owner of Vivid Racing) was surprised with even the output on Sikky headers as it performed better than his C63 . They re-calibrated the dyno and it still consistently ran ~500whp. I am going back again once they have someone take a look at the dyno. So stay tuned for more accurate results!
UPDATE: Results have been posted and are accurate. Now you can see the power and quality difference when tested on the same car, conditions, mods and etc.

Relevant info.
Elevation 1237ft

Sikky
Temp: 87
381whp/352wtq

PPE
Temp: 84
397whp/365wtq

PPEs have a gain of 16whp/13wtq

My ISF had some good company

Last edited by LOLM3; 10-27-13 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-27-13, 09:40 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

So I decided to steal CalitriSC's wheels lol and put them onto my car just to see what it would look like. I am very tempted now...

ORIGINAL:
Old 10-27-13, 09:43 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol looks like you stole his calipers too!
Old 10-28-13, 12:31 AM
Defratos
Racer

nice move, and congrats on the PPE

I had my PPE Headers installed last thursday, funny thing is the installer didn't even use the wires that came with the headers, he told me the last time he used them on an ISF he kept getting a CEL, so he wired it into the existing oem wires (somehow) and until today have not had any CELs.

I'm wondering what my installer did to not use the wires that came with the headers.

Last edited by Defratos; 10-28-13 at 01:58 AM.
Old 10-31-13, 03:06 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MK4Sup_isF
lol looks like you stole his calipers too!
Haha yeah I stole those too!

Originally Posted by Defratos
nice move, and congrats on the PPE

I had my PPE Headers installed last thursday, funny thing is the installer didn't even use the wires that came with the headers, he told me the last time he used them on an ISF he kept getting a CEL, so he wired it into the existing oem wires (somehow) and until today have not had any CELs.

I'm wondering what my installer did to not use the wires that came with the headers.
Thanks and to you as well! There is a module which I don't think you are talking about. The other set of wires are for the o2 sensors to extend the harness as the collector and the o2 bung sits further down compared to the stock/sikky headers. He probably just extended the connection with his own wiring? What codes are you getting?
Old 10-31-13, 03:10 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Just a few shots from the other night

Old 10-31-13, 03:15 PM
dannyk8232
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks amazing!
Old 11-01-13, 06:32 AM
Defratos
Racer

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Thanks and to you as well! There is a module which I don't think you are talking about. The other set of wires are for the o2 sensors to extend the harness as the collector and the o2 bung sits further down compared to the stock/sikky headers. He probably just extended the connection with his own wiring? What codes are you getting?
Actually its the Module that they never installed (pic below):

He told me the last ISF that he installed headers on threw a CEL, he had to remove the module and wire it some other way...(i have no idea how he has wired it without using the module, maybe he used the OEM module, if there is even one) he told me the GCC spec ISFs don't need the module.

Quick Reply: LOL M3 2012 ISF Build