Build Threads Details on Club Lexus IS-F owner vehicles

LOL M3 2012 ISF Build

Old 07-22-14, 06:36 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLM3
Yeah we will see how well it'll do! You and I both, I am not a fan of using nitrous. I am going to let the stock ECU self tune itself. Most of the 2IS s/c'd cars are on the stock ECU and are nearing 400whp.
Hate to say this but, thank you for being the test car! Shoot, if the stock ecu can self tune at a conservative boost for like 100whp gain vs full bolt-onp; I'm game!
Old 07-26-14, 08:12 AM
mikellucci
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

So glad to see your first start vid! Congrats!! Your car is exactly what I wanted to build - amazing on the eyes with real HP to boot! One thing I would recommend if you haven't already planned for it: 50/50 water/meth injection to cool the intake charge. Simple basic kit ($300) set to inject at 2+ psi with a small GPH nozzle placed after the maf and before the twin screws.

If you want my input you know how to get ahold of me!
Old 07-27-14, 08:14 PM
SLOW4DR
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in for incar rippers!
Old 07-29-14, 10:18 AM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is one sick build on a isf props! Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 08-20-14, 08:54 AM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

This has to be one of the coolest cars I have seen! Great Job
Old 08-21-14, 06:06 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

Just reed through all the pages and the SC was a surprise. Good luck on everything, i'm waiting for dyno results. Also did you paint or powdercoat your calipers? Thanks.
Old 09-08-14, 10:25 AM
F_Throttle
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Any updates?
Old 09-18-14, 08:10 AM
Switchride
Driver School Candidate

Just read through the whole thread, amazing car! Keep it up!
Old 10-04-14, 01:31 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

personally i don't think anything significant will come out of this, good luck for trying but I'm sure the ending to this story won't be a surprise.
Old 10-04-14, 04:46 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Defratos
personally i don't think anything significant will come out of this, good luck for trying but I'm sure the ending to this story won't be a surprise.
I think builds like this are important to the car community. It answers the "what if?" question and gives insight to people who choose to modify their ISF's in the future. The supercharger was a crazy idea. My only concern was how were you going to tune the car.
Old 10-06-14, 01:11 PM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

maybe so if you truly believe in it, but I'm more of a pessimist than a optimist, I won't elaborate anymore as this is someone else's build and not a general discussion on what is being done.
Old 10-06-14, 08:24 PM
prada_g
Rookie

maybe so if you truly believe in it, but I'm more of a pessimist than a optimist, I won't elaborate anymore as this is someone else's build and not a general discussion on what is being done.
Unfortunately Defratos is right, saw on his Instagram the car is being parted out & returned to stock .
Old 10-06-14, 09:49 PM
LOLM3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RichFlair
I think builds like this are important to the car community. It answers the "what if?" question and gives insight to people who choose to modify their ISF's in the future. The supercharger was a crazy idea. My only concern was how were you going to tune the car.
I agree, it's more for me than the community, but I am glad to help in any way, Let the car self tune. It's not a complicated system, more air = more fuel = more power (in theory)

That's okay everyone has their opinions, I am still not sure what mine is yet other than it works. I have been busy traveling so I have yet to take it in for a run on the dyno. Until then I encourage you to remain pessimistic as I know I am. I am just doing this because I can.

Originally Posted by prada_g
Unfortunately Defratos is right, saw on his Instagram the car is being parted out & returned to stock .
Actually you're both wrong...sort of. I was parting it out but I actually decided to keep the car and just started the import process for another car. The S/C was doing just fine when I had it on, I'll have it back on shortly since I just got invited to show my car at the San Francisco International Car Show!
Old 10-06-14, 10:05 PM
RichFlair
Pole Position

I agree, it's more for me than the community, but I am glad to help in any way, Let the car self tune. It's not a complicated system, more air = more fuel = more power (in theory)

That's okay everyone has their opinions, I am still not sure what mine is yet other than it works. I have been busy traveling so I have yet to take it in for a run on the dyno. Until then I encourage you to remain pessimistic as I know I am. I am just doing this because I can.

Actually you're both wrong...sort of. I was parting it out but I actually decided to keep the car and just started the import process for another car. The S/C was doing just fine when I had it on, I'll have it back on shortly since I just got invited to show my car at the San Francisco International Car Show!
Import process ey...... I know a certain car that has just passed it's 25th year in existence. I've been lookin for one in canada. Could it be what I think it is?
Old 10-06-14, 10:57 PM
prada_g
Rookie

Awesome to hear! Vids???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LOL M3 2012 ISF Build