Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

Lexusis07's New 2013 is350 build

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 06:37 AM
lexusis07
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yesterday i ordered a CEIKA BBK, its an 8/6 pot setup. cant wait for it to come in
But in the mean time ill have some other parts showing up soon from sewell lexus.

Stay tuned
Old 07-19-13, 08:13 AM
Skins21
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went through your thread, great build up so far!
Old 07-19-13, 10:26 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome progress. Keep it up.
Old 07-31-13, 03:18 PM
lexusis07
Driver

Default updates cont...

hey guys, coming back with more mods!

Heres the list,

Fsport upper and lower grills
Fsport sway bars front/rear
Fsoprt aluminum pedals
Invidia mid pipe
Blue Illuminated door sills

and the pics to match,

And if anyone has a 13' IS and has illuminated sills could you chime in on what you had to do to get them to work? mine dont light up, there plugged in and i checked all the fusses and relays and found nothing. on sewell it says not plug and play for 10-13 model years so im sure someones found a way to use them still. I put on my brake and the dead pedal but not the gas, just out of pure laziness to be honest.

Im in love with the mid pipe, gives it just the right amount of sound i was expecting. And the sway bars are one of my favorite mods to date, if you haven't already got them installed i highly recommend them.

And on another note if you follow me on Instagram you already know about my recent purchases one of them being a new set of HRE P43SC in brushed tinted clear. And i decided to make this my project car and bought a new daily.....

Traded in a 2007 LS460 for it, it was formerly my mothers car and it was in immaculate shape with low miles, so wilde lexus of sarasota gave me a hell of a deal on the new GS F sport. and for anyone wondering about the plans for it, ive got bc racing coils on the way and i changed my mind on the HRE's and decided they will be going on th GS.

So now im back to looking for new wheels for my IS altho Ive got my eye on what i want of course

Big things ahead people stay tuned!!!!
Old 07-31-13, 03:38 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Good stuff homie. Your killin it right now. Cant wait to see what you do with the GS.....
Old 07-31-13, 05:11 PM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice mods and new purchase
Old 08-22-13, 12:04 AM
qtrann
Pole Position

so damn baller! haha can't wait to see the new wheels for the IS and what's to come for the GS. Sorry if I missed it, but are those HIDs for your IS headlights? If so, 6k, 8k ?
Old 08-25-13, 06:27 PM
lexusis07
Driver

Originally Posted by qtrann
so damn baller! haha can't wait to see the new wheels for the IS and what's to come for the GS. Sorry if I missed it, but are those HIDs for your IS headlights? If so, 6k, 8k ?
thanks man, and yeah i have hid low beam and fogs. there 8k
Old 08-25-13, 06:59 PM
lexusis07
Driver

time for some more updates

So I got my BBK in, and right off the bat i was un happy with the fact that I paid a substantial amount for shipping in the first place which I understand that its heavy stuff coming from china... anyway, long story short i ended up paying an extra $30 or something in charges from ups because it was an international shipment. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if ceika would give you a heads up at checkout. But i finally crack open the boxes to see these beauties after 5-6 weeks worth of waiting, and the first box i open is the 8 pot fronts.

Wow is all I could say when I saw them, much larger when you see it in person for yourself. I opted for the gloss paint instead of the anodized finish, and I'm glad I did because it really makes them look amazing. I opened the front rotors after that and was extremely impressed by the quality of them.

The install went pretty smooth for the most part, no major issues all the way up until i had to bleed them. I used 3 big bottles of brake fluid trying to bleed out the air, this is not my first time bleeding brakes and me and my buddy could not for the life of us figure it out, plus we ran out of brake fluid. So i walked away from it and called the dealership in the morning and had it towed for free and it ended up costing me 90$ total to get it fixed. still better then paying someone els to install the full kit.

Heres the pics of the BBK

I really hate the way my wheels cover up the bbk, but on the bright side my new wheels will be here in 8-9 weeks.... anyways heres wheat they look like behind my cv4s.

One more thing to leave you guys with for a little while before the rest of it comes in...

Old 07-13-15, 09:08 AM
lexusis07
Driver

Been awhile since i posted anything and don't feel like posting all the pics of the car in progress but heres the final outcome. probably parting out in a month or two so be on the lookout for my parts

Name:  IMG_6294_zpsoacveead.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  275.1 KB
Old 07-13-15, 04:53 PM
Nixcision
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow that's insane! ^ Looks so good
Old 01-25-16, 04:18 PM
iTimFosho
Driver School Candidate

What paint did you use to paint the calipers on your oem calipers and where did you order the caliper decal?