Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2IS owner vehicles

HeyArms's Bold Moves!

Old 09-05-13, 05:01 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb2027
looks really good, not many boosted 2IS out there definitely easy to distinguish your car between others on the road
one thing i don't understand is your signature says support authenticity but you have the ebay bumper?
not trying to be a douche just curious lol
Thanks. You're not the only one to get hung up on that, and it's not hidden anywhere that the bumper came from option racing, but in the same part of my build thread you see I started with an OEM ISF bumper. It simply came down to my shops decision... They didn't understand why I wanted them to work extra hours fitting an oem bumper when they knew the other bumper was out there. Cutting and splicing an oem bumper would have turned out "rougher" around the edges. I would have either had to extend the hood or cut and splice the oem F grill as well, and the grill would also not quite be perfect I'm sure. I didn't want to go this route, but I also know to make my body shop happy if I want good work, so they chose to cut and splice the front lip to fit the other bumper opposed to cutting up the oem bumper. In the end, supporting authentic parts (IMO) means aftermarket authentic company support, which I CLEARLY support authentic parts. Supporting aftermarket authentic companies help keep R&D going for the future model cars where as supporting replica companies just puts money in their pocket for copying a design... Supporting a cheap bumper opposed to Lexus OEM doesn't detract money to the authentic part world. Excuse, yes? But my car speaks for itself when it comes down to authentic parts and I don't feel the need to explain myself every time someone "figures out" I didn't end up with an oem F bumper. If that's the only grief I catch for the many many choices and tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on my car, I must not be doing too bad.

Name:  null_zpsb5301acf.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  157.3 KB
Old 09-05-13, 05:25 PM
stewb10
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tens of thousands? Sheesh. I'm losing this race. Have some catching up to do.

Car looks good man!
Old 09-05-13, 05:28 PM
genaos11
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heyarms
Thanks. You're not the only one to get hung up on that, and it's not hidden anywhere that the bumper came from option racing, but in the same part of my build thread you see I started with an OEM ISF bumper. It simply came down to my shops decision... They didn't understand why I wanted them to work extra hours fitting an oem bumper when they knew the other bumper was out there. Cutting and splicing an oem bumper would have turned out "rougher" around the edges. I would have either had to extend the hood or cut and splice the oem F grill as well, and the grill would also not quite be perfect I'm sure. I didn't want to go this route, but I also know to make my body shop happy if I want good work, so they chose to cut and splice the front lip to fit the other bumper opposed to cutting up the oem bumper. In the end, supporting authentic parts (IMO) means aftermarket authentic company support, which I CLEARLY support authentic parts. Supporting aftermarket authentic companies help keep R&D going for the future model cars where as supporting replica companies just puts money in their pocket for copying a design... Supporting a cheap bumper opposed to Lexus OEM doesn't detract money to the authentic part world. Excuse, yes? But my car speaks for itself when it comes down to authentic parts and I don't feel the need to explain myself every time someone "figures out" I didn't end up with an oem F bumper. If that's the only grief I catch for the many many choices and tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on my car, I must not be doing too bad.

I like your car it clean it n different ( boosted etc etc) but it irk me when u say "support authentic part" when you have replica isf front bumper from option racing that huge ebay replica company it was copied from lexus isf ... End of the day it rep your contradicting yourself stating " I supporting authentic part"
Old 09-05-13, 05:36 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Not like I'm saying I'm 100% authentic or Jdm at least... Lol too many American parts on my car (ksport, Status seats, etc). Sorry it bothers so many, maybe ill just remove it... Forums are pretty dead these days anyways. but thanks for the complements too guys.
Old 09-05-13, 06:27 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

just a reminder to the OP to continue supporting authenticity, regardless of what others say.

after all, "talk is cheap."
Old 09-07-13, 10:06 AM
jmb2027
Driver School Candidate

could've gone for the fender and skirts too! I think with tom's carbon fibre sides it would look really good, match the hood
Old 09-17-13, 03:24 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

More goodies came in.

Snow performance stage 2 meth injection kit
Name:  null_zps84b48d48.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  269.7 KB

And a daily driver. 2002 IS300
Name:  null_zpsddf0b2b7.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  223.2 KB
Old 09-18-13, 06:32 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

*****in A man! Respect that this man has dropped as much as some on a possible new car in itself. You always wanna keep those shops happy whatever helps the car look good in the long run.
Old 09-18-13, 06:35 AM
Jump2man3
Lexus Test Driver

Not like I'm saying I'm 100% authentic or Jdm at least... Lol too many American parts on my car (ksport, Status seats, etc). Sorry it bothers so many, maybe ill just remove it... Forums are pretty dead these days anyways. but thanks for the complements too guys.
BS man. The car is fresh, to each there own. IMO your car is a perfect medium for style/performance and alot of times comments can be based upon envy & jealousy.
Old 09-18-13, 04:28 PM
peyman
Lexus Test Driver

your car is legit top 5 best isx50 ive ever seen. u dont need to explain ***** to no one. you are daa ****tt
Old 09-18-13, 04:33 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't worry bout what anyone else says. You CAN back your statement with ALL your other parts! This just so happened to be easier. Don't trip....your ride looks DOPE! What do THEY drive?? LOL
Old 09-18-13, 05:26 PM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sffd103
Don't worry bout what anyone else says. You CAN back your statement with ALL your other parts! This just so happened to be easier. Don't trip....your ride looks DOPE! What do THEY drive?? LOL
Word up man... I feel the same way..
Old 09-18-13, 10:35 PM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sick looking ride ~~~~
Old 09-18-13, 11:31 PM
Obleezie
Driver School Candidate

Damn this car look bad ***!
Old 09-19-13, 12:34 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by projectdna
just a reminder to the OP to continue supporting authenticity, regardless of what others say.

after all, "talk is cheap."
Thanks buddy. Talk is indeed cheap

Originally Posted by Jump2man3
*****in A man! Respect that this man has dropped as much as some on a possible new car in itself. You always wanna keep those shops happy whatever helps the car look good in the long run.
Originally Posted by Jump2man3
BS man. The car is fresh, to each there own. IMO your car is a perfect medium for style/performance and alot of times comments can be based upon envy & jealousy.
Thank you, I like your guesses about the comments too

Originally Posted by peyman
your car is legit top 5 best isx50 ive ever seen. u dont need to explain ***** to no one. you are daa ****tt
Thanks, means a lot. There's been a lot of great builds come and go in the 2IS world.

Originally Posted by Sffd103
haha Yep. Thanks Mariano.

Originally Posted by badx33
Word up man... I feel the same way..
Originally Posted by dorkacho
sick looking ride ~~~~
Originally Posted by Obleezie
Damn this car look bad ***!
Thanks everyone. Not much left for me to do cosmetically this year, or that i could get done in time before Wekfest Texas in December. Touching up some "rough edges" around the car and getting some performance aspects back in line. I guess i need to start dreaming up something fresh for 2014 for the car now...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HeyArms's Bold Moves!