Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-14, 02:06 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly i used a small bit of rubbing compound on a face cotton round. Just stayed at it till it looked good. I also removed the surrounding bezel to be able to get in there well and not have that 1/8" on the edge that is hard to get.
The previous owner was a bit of a slob. The kind that eats fast food while driving and spilling soda all down the carpet and console. Example, my cigarette door in the center wouldnt operate properly because a crumpled up Jack Links beef jerkey bag was jammed up behind it. So I have spot carpet cleaning days and take interior apart and deep clean kind of days. Its getting there. My paint has major scrathces that need fixing and some hidden damage I didnt see before buying. To the point where I almost dont want to drop too much money into it because it isnt a fully straight car.
Old 04-17-14, 03:47 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RoMiLex
Honestly i used a small bit of rubbing compound on a face cotton round. Just stayed at it till it looked good. I also removed the surrounding bezel to be able to get in there well and not have that 1/8" on the edge that is hard to get.
The previous owner was a bit of a slob. The kind that eats fast food while driving and spilling soda all down the carpet and console. Example, my cigarette door in the center wouldnt operate properly because a crumpled up Jack Links beef jerkey bag was jammed up behind it. So I have spot carpet cleaning days and take interior apart and deep clean kind of days. Its getting there. My paint has major scrathces that need fixing and some hidden damage I didnt see before buying. To the point where I almost dont want to drop too much money into it because it isnt a fully straight car.
gotcha. i figured that was similar to your method.

and yes, it blows my mind that some people look at their car as a mobile trash can. i get it if you have kids in your back seat all the time but, an owner? odds are they're house probably looks the same way. smh. there is almost never anything in my car except for me and a hot females gluteus maximus
Old 04-17-14, 06:48 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

I just took the back seat out to get the stock woofer out and to clean the carpeted rear deck. While pulling up the back seat I found a white lace garter, mints, change, a gameboy advance cartridge game, an old french fry, soda can tabs, and various shards of trash like straw wrappers. I actually like taking my car apart to clean areas most will never see. Its like I clean it of the previous owners, learn a little more about the character of the car and i know there is nothing growing or rotting in an otherwise unreachable spot. Call me odd, i like my car as clean as it can be.
Old 04-17-14, 11:58 PM
NoPulp
Rookie

I sat and read through all 38 pages of this build thread. I just recently(2 days ago) picked up my GS300 and I must say your thread has inspired me to want to mod mine. Keep it up!

Last edited by NoPulp; 04-18-14 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-18-14, 06:14 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

I just took the back seat out to get the stock woofer out and to clean the carpeted rear deck. While pulling up the back seat I found a white lace garter, mints, change, a gameboy advance cartridge game, an old french fry, soda can tabs, and various shards of trash like straw wrappers. I actually like taking my car apart to clean areas most will never see. Its like I clean it of the previous owners, learn a little more about the character of the car and i know there is nothing growing or rotting in an otherwise unreachable spot. Call me odd, i like my car as clean as it can be.
ha, man i am the same way. Always been like that. even if i only paid $700 for the car. once she gets home i get down to the grissle and make that thing all mine and wake her spirit back up. i like to think that everytime i owned a car it was probably with its best owner of its lifetime.

Originally Posted by NoPulp
I sat and read through all 38 pages of this build thread. I just recently(2 days ago) picked up my GS300 and I must say your thread has inspired me to want to mod mine. Keep it up!
Thanks for peepin the whole thread man. your 300 looks nice man, i dig the burnt orange paint
Old 04-18-14, 06:34 PM
NoPulp
Rookie

Thanks. .. I got it a few days ago... The previous o owner had it slab status. I sold the wheels yesterday and I'm using the money for the first mod of my own, coilovers. I have a few subtle mods in mind...
Old 04-18-14, 06:47 PM
RoMiLex
Driver

Absolutely. My cars definitely get royal treatment. I thrash them now and then but i keep the fluids synthetic and stay up on fluid change intervals.

Couple things I found out today. Subs in the trunk seem to sound better if you leave the stock 10 in. Even if its disconnected. There is an airy rattle noise that im guessing is coming from the woofer cover. Plus the covered hole probably filters stray noise.

Also carpet cleaners such as Blue Coral or Tuff Stuff can be put on a microfiber cloth in small amounts and worked gently onto stains in the delicate cloths like in the headliner, sunroof shade and rear C-pillar covers to get out stains.
Old 04-18-14, 08:47 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by NoPulp
Thanks. .. I got it a few days ago... The previous o owner had it slab status. I sold the wheels yesterday and I'm using the money for the first mod of my own, coilovers. I have a few subtle mods in mind...
nice, i think you are on the right track man

Absolutely. My cars definitely get royal treatment. I thrash them now and then but i keep the fluids synthetic and stay up on fluid change intervals.

Couple things I found out today. Subs in the trunk seem to sound better if you leave the stock 10 in. Even if its disconnected. There is an airy rattle noise that im guessing is coming from the woofer cover. Plus the covered hole probably filters stray noise.

Also carpet cleaners such as Blue Coral or Tuff Stuff can be put on a microfiber cloth in small amounts and worked gently onto stains in the delicate cloths like in the headliner, sunroof shade and rear C-pillar covers to get out stains.
yeah, i thrash sometimes too, but, hell its a rear while drive 300hp cousin of a supra, youre supposed to. i use all the power in my cars at times, but generally drive like a cool grandma. also, i got a factory system too, with an aftermarket 2 12's Box/Amp in the Trunk and in my opinion it is just a great All around sound for spending next to nothing. And regarding headliners, seats and carpets stains. I use a microfiber with Resolve and it does wonders. pssh, in my Tahoe i had like Oil and all types of crap from the previous owner that it took right out
Old 04-18-14, 09:01 PM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
dayum man, hewl yeah great job. looks solid man. Q45 Retros and a real TTE lip too?! pssh, good taste brother
Thanks man, I just like to take my time and find parts that I really like. No rush on trying to " finish building " my car.

Keep up the good work man, I always enjoy seeing your updates
Old 04-19-14, 12:28 PM
DjSLuhail
Driver School Candidate

Long time lurker, first time commenter.

I have a GS300 and you've inspired me to start doing some upgrades to my car - I should be studying for finals but just read the entire thread.

Keep it up, I'm def going to try and get a set of rims next.

Thanks Boss!
Old 04-22-14, 02:26 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by DjSLuhail
Long time lurker, first time commenter.

I have a GS300 and you've inspired me to start doing some upgrades to my car - I should be studying for finals but just read the entire thread.

Keep it up, I'm def going to try and get a set of rims next.

Thanks Boss!
Awesome man. Thanks for peepin the thread DjSLuhail
Old 04-22-14, 02:28 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Finally got a chance to throw the new Rubber on. Wow, amazing what a fresh set of meat does. Smooth as butter. My fronts were cupping pretty bad

Anybody here got the 411 on this piece of molding? Seems to be missing from here where the front passenger door shuts

Last edited by Sevenevez; 04-22-14 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-22-14, 02:35 PM
drivenGS
Driver School Candidate

I'm liking what i see.
Old 04-22-14, 02:44 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Pete check Sewell... looks like thats part of the door molding which i think is connected into one piece
Old 05-03-14, 11:18 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lookin good bro

Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread