Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Pete's GS400 Build Thread

Old 03-23-13, 05:18 PM
Advil4u
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yea I have the high streghth automotive 3m double sided tape and my spoiler is also poly the problem is im scared that with the heat its gonna get lose and fly off I live near the beach and work In The valley and my work is very dusty area so the weather cycle will losen it very fast
Old 03-23-13, 07:18 PM
PeteGS300
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very impressive and tasteful build so far.I like the fact that each mod you do ties in with other stuff you've done.
Old 03-23-13, 07:27 PM
veron1987
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevenevez
This might seem like such a minimal post. But the first thing i ****** up when i grab a new ( used ) car is these "Wonder Wafers" it took me a long time to find an air freshener that came close to a new car smell. The "New Leather" ones always been the best. They are more of a commercial product as opposed to all the annoying consumer fresheners at your local auto part store. Get em on eBay if you are interested.

agreed ..i ordered them since you posted it and it did make my car smell like new again.

Also great job on your build so far!,car looks great..very tasteful and i love your photography skills man,u took some nice shots.
Old 03-24-13, 05:11 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger4life
I wouldn't bolt it down. I have used the quarter inch 3m tape in the past but it would come apart after washing the car a lot. Also heat and cold weather cycles would make it come loose. I have a polyurethane version so i think it was too heavy for the tape. Well i decided to make it more permanent. I used the 3m tape (06386) but also used the adhesive that bmw uses for their spoilers (betalink k1). It's expensive adhesive but it's not going anywhere now.
Yeah, sucks. Washing the car is what can wear that 3M Extreme tape over time. I am interested in the "betalink k1". i found this but says not available or a price - http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/82699408866/ES196859/

Originally Posted by PeteGS300
Very impressive and tasteful build so far.I like the fact that each mod you do ties in with other stuff you've done.
Thanks man i appreciate it. Plus you also have an Awesome name. PETE

Originally Posted by veron1987
agreed ..i ordered them since you posted it and it did make my car smell like new again.

Also great job on your build so far!,car looks great..very tasteful and i love your photography skills man,u took some nice shots.
Thanks veron1987. I'm glad you got some wonder wafers. People always compliment the quality smell when they get in the car. Not too strong or fruity or fake. Good stuff
Old 03-24-13, 05:18 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The BMW stuff you can get at the dealer. Betalink Body Panel Adhesive Glue 82699408866 PN# runs about $42.
Old 03-24-13, 05:24 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

I almost got stuck in an intersection the other day. not to mention we had to park far away from our spot because i couldn't get in any of the parking lots.

so i raised the front up 5/8's and the rear about an 1/8th. That made a big difference. Now i rarely hear the common shock tower slam

That looks like a stack of $100's right there.

The Privat's look great on there.
Old 03-24-13, 05:30 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

So the other day i noticed one of my license plate lights were out. So i figured i would just get like 8 of the Xenon White LED SMD Wedge's. They fit a lot of our slots ( T10 194 2825 158 168 T8 )

Here they are, Paid $20 for 8 of them

Replacing the bulbs was extremely easy everywhere EXCEPT the license plate lights. Haha, what the hewl? You have to take off the whole trunk liner to get at them!!!
So, i have broke so many of those freakin clips in vehicles in my past i figured i would take my tail to the store and buy the damn tool. This thing saved me so much time and broken plastic. Had the whole liner out in maybe 2 minutes.

Liner

There they ARE!

Here's the bulb comparison

Did the door puddle bulbs too
Before

After

Old 03-24-13, 05:59 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by TI II
That looks like a stack of $100's right there.

The Privat's look great on there.
haha, i can Dig that compliment right there
Old 03-30-13, 03:52 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

nice beautiful overcast day in AZ.

Old 03-31-13, 01:58 AM
clos430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Car is looking good! Nice job

I see you put the old taillights back on
Old 03-31-13, 06:16 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

After

since youve got 2 extra bulbs...might as well change out the ones above the back doors.

i just read this build thread from top to bottom. honestly, one of the best ones ive ever read. great photography, humor and detailed explanations. its really proven useful. matter of fact...im gonna cop an orbital and hit up paintscratch to freshen up the mirrors and the swirl marks on my black onyx.

preciate ya...
Old 04-01-13, 04:08 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by clos430
Car is looking good! Nice job

I see you put the old taillights back on
thanks man. unfortunately, my LED tails had a bad resistor. so when the lights are on, on the passenger side only two LED's would light up. So i contacted them on facebook and they hit me back right away. The resistors are internal but, even though i painted mine, they said send em back and they will send me a new pair. Which is cool. New set should be here tomorrow, then i get to Do the custom painting ALL OVER AGAIN! ugh, haha, here's the error

Old 04-01-13, 04:38 PM
Sevenevez
Racer

Originally Posted by DrRick
since youve got 2 extra bulbs...might as well change out the ones above the back doors.
i just read this build thread from top to bottom. honestly, one of the best ones ive ever read. great photography, humor and detailed explanations. its really proven useful. matter of fact...im gonna cop an orbital and hit up paintscratch to freshen up the mirrors and the swirl marks on my black onyx.
preciate ya...
ahhh, Good eye man. for some reason i thought those were different bulbs. i just swapped them out! now i need to do the big dome light.

And thanks for peeping the whole thread. that is a valuable compliment to me. i know i am not wasting my time here
Old 04-01-13, 06:15 PM
ksultan78
Rookie

Default lights

i changed all those out also... wasnt too difficult. One of those trunk clips fell in the hole where the trunk latches to the frame. what a pain in the *** that was to retrieve. haha
Old 04-01-13, 06:27 PM
Rob Daddy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you get the bulbs & how does license plate look now?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pete's GS400 Build Thread