Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 3GS owner vehicles

Build Log

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-13, 10:51 AM
SoCal_450h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kuWuPt
Did some interior modifications to make my controller sit like it belonged in the car. Took the wood trim on the center console out. the controller looked right at home behind the shifter plate. There were no clearance issues etc under it so taped the wood trim up, drew an outline of the controller and started cutting real slow. After everything was cut out, I taped up the controller, sprayed some wd40 on it and created a base with fiberglass and tiger hair.. looked pretty good.

Painted the holder black for a more oem look.

Everything looked good I drilled a hole for the micro usb plug to come through the base to plug into the controller and then realized that the controller might rattle in the holder and that would drive me crazy. Got some felt liner tape and lined the bottom and sides with it. Controller fits like a glove and is fully removable and no cracks on the wood trim!!!! Very happy with this mod.

WOW, Clean work.....Good job...
Old 06-20-13, 11:44 AM
masterchri
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

super impressive build bro! keep the pics coming!
Old 06-20-13, 12:03 PM
3GS404
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kuWuPt

Tigerhair is a long strand fiberglass reinforced body filler made by Evercoat. Bondo makes a similair version that you can buy at walmart just look for bodyfiller and look for one that is reinforced with fiberglass strands.
I see... Kool .. Awesome job
Old 07-11-13, 09:22 PM
max2002
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey man, whats your wheel specs?
Old 07-14-13, 10:17 AM
MX5
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, love everything you've done. Friggin NICE.
As for all your upfront maintenance, wow is all I can say - YOU are who I wanna buy a used car from LOL
Old 07-23-13, 03:58 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by max2002
hey man, whats your wheel specs?
Sorry for the delay. Specs are 19x9 -5 and 19x10 -8.

Originally Posted by MX5
Dude, love everything you've done. Friggin NICE.
As for all your upfront maintenance, wow is all I can say - YOU are who I wanna buy a used car from LOL
lol.. thanks man.
Old 08-19-13, 01:47 PM
3GS404
Lead Lap

Didn't u just did some mod to ur engine cover AJ ? Post it up buddy :-) keep this thread going AJ
Old 08-20-13, 12:53 AM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Thanks Paul, been a little tied up but yeah did do some mods to the engine bay. I've been honestly slacking on these for awhile but was going to go to PA for Tuner Evolution/Black 4 meet and that kinda motivated me to finish up my engine bay really. This is a design that I thought of last year which is why I started painting my valve covers etc gold when I was doing my maintenance.

All the side panels were sanded, primed, sanded and color matched. The center engine cover I wrapped in wood grain. I bought quite a bit of this last year actually and eventually want to wrap my interior with the wood grain as well to bring it all together.. but I want to do other interior mods before I do that.

Each of the clips were wrapped as well for that little detail and a swarovski was added for that little bling detail.

The cars at the Black 4 meet! Proud to say that we went with two cars, the LS430 and the GS430 and both won. LS came first in the LS class and the GS came second in the GS class.

Also finally figured out how to get my stickers in the front to flow with a little personalization

Last edited by kuWuPt; 10-18-13 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-20-13, 07:19 AM
3GS404
Lead Lap

Lol AJ but i think the pixs don't work buddy ! Can u re-fixed AJ

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-20-13, 03:54 PM
swtjlsy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so when are the tunk pics coming?????
Old 08-20-13, 11:55 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Apart from setting the pod that I made earlier in the build in the trunk, haven't had a chance to do anything else. I think I'm going to change it up though, I'm thinking mount the compressors in the wheel well to quieten it down some along with the everything else and just have the tank showing. Can't really fit the tank in the wheel well or else I would put it there too.. anyone have any other suggestions?
Old 08-21-13, 08:13 PM
XxGoKoUxX

Received 59 Likes on 56 Posts

It looks flawless man.... Have you considered two small tanks in an array? You'll get one extra gallon too I believe, and they'll all fit in the spare tire well.
Old 08-21-13, 08:57 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

hmm.. you think two 2 Gallon tanks will fit in the wheel well? Do you have any tanks in mind? Air runner has a pancake tank that is 7" tall but I don't think that will fit in there..
Old 10-24-13, 12:06 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow ... amazing work man Car looks great.
Old 06-25-14, 05:28 PM
kuWuPt
Advanced

Just wanted to update this thread:

So I've been out of the country for a couple of months and honestly haven't done much to the car in awhile. Had a couple of pending projects that I had started but didn't finish so thought I would actually finish one of them.

Our Lexus's come with a fresnal projector lens and well I wasn't very happy with the output so decided to swap in a clear tsx projector lens cause it is actually clear. Well so off to the bake booth/oven it went.

Here is the clear lens in the housing. I did this lens mod on my 2GS retrofit as well and loved the output.

With the headlight out I also wanted to make some eyelids. I couldn't find any eyelids for sale at this time and well hey how hard could it be to make right. lol.. it's a pain!!! Well first step was to mask off the headlight to create a mold per say. I used some silicon spray lube so the resin would not adhere to the tape.

I would've done this in fiberglass too but I didn't have any, but I did have some raw carbon fiber left over from another project. I cut 4 strips, the taped border is so the material doesn't fray.

I used 2 overlay-ed strips on each headlight. Put one strip down, resin it, roll out all the air etc and then lay another strip and do the same.

So that created the form to build from. Next I had to shape it. Trimmed off the excess and taped it up to the headlights to decide on the shape. I used some vinyl tape to help me draw the lines from the factory body line on the fender to the hood. This is what I came up with.

Trimmed off the excess again and this is how everything looked .

Sanded it down, enhanced the lines a little more and a good coat of primer and this is what I was left with.

It's thin, strong, flexible and looks good on the car IMO. Will have some pics up after it is painted and on the car.

Quick Reply: Build Log