Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-19, 01:48 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah it fits surprisingly well for such a large turbo. Maybe there is something to this whole log manifold thing
looking forward to seeing how it works, sounds like it should be a nice all around setup.
Old 04-19-19, 02:26 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Gerry, I hope my 250k mile short block passes the test! I can't speak for how it was treated for the first 189k miles before I owned it but I always took care of it, never redline bounced it and always fed it good synthetic oil every 3.5k miles. I hope it will handle all that boost. I'm sure it will do the very high boost runs for very brief periods

I'm just amazed and happy that it's going to have the new lease on life with such a fast spooling turbo setup. The compressor side of the PT-6766 is enormous compared to the exhaust side!

I think you and Ali are right about adding heat shielding. In some places your turbo has only millimeters of clearance and you are especially close to some body harness wiring and one of the A/C lines.

Aside, I didn't realize that Treadstone's 2JZ-GE manifold was only originally intended for IS300's. I can't imagine there are any big differences fitting it into an SC300 as you've demonstrated except when it comes to noting which larger turbos clear the shock tower.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 04-19-19 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-23-19, 10:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Ali - yeah , we always thought that an SP Cover from Precision is the biggest one that can fit with that manifold. Even I doubted a lot until I actually test fitted the PT-7675 with H Cover.

Kahn - well I will guarantee you , the block will be used well and it's strength be tested. It will probably see 30-35psi if I stay with the 71mm. That should be at least at around 800rwhp with an auto transmission... meaning well over 900rwhp on manual trans. But when I test its limit , I will have a built long block ready as replacement. I know Lawrence made well over 800rwhp on a PT-6870 at around 30psi on a stock intake manifold so am optimistic.

For those who still doubt that a Precision Turbo with H Ported cover will fit on an IS Treadstone manifold , here is another proof that it will. In fact am amazed that this PT-7175 doesn't even need a spacer just like that PT-7675 in the previous pages to make the compressor housing not touch the runners of the exhaust manifold.

That means not all H covers are exactly the same. This one seems a tad smaller than the compressor cover of the PT-7675. Trying still to find a PT-6266 CEA to trade with this PT-7175. If I can't find one then I will settle with this turbo. This is a legitimate 1000rwhp turbo . Too big to my liking but once I have a built engine / head on this car , will be perfect.

Notice the AC Low pressure filler connector. It is now upright compared to it's original orientation of pointing towards the engine. That made it so hard to fill up especially if you are on a single turbo. The turbine housing is on the way. Now it is a lot easier to access .

Last edited by gerrb; 05-23-19 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-23-19, 05:16 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

It's great to see you still provide updates for this build thread.

If I ever move out of California, I'll definitely be going turbo with a setup similar to your na-t.
Old 05-23-19, 06:09 PM
KahnBB6

^^ I can't wait until Gerry really gets his NA-T well into the shakedown phase at his desired power level!
The following users liked this post:
4rcedfed (05-25-19)
Old 06-11-19, 06:40 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I just parted a Supra MKIV I bought last week . Sold the shell and a lot of goodies on SF . Got some parts from the car I can make use of in my Weekend Warrior SC with 3.4L and 6 speed. I will try to refrain from using any round gauges. Instead I am using the following .. Aim MXL Pista which is not only a dash but also a logger . It has an accessory to record and log video with data overlays , gps location on the street or track and you can eventually look and examine the logs later to evaluate your driving patterns / habits , time slips from one point to the other or lap times and a lot other features. It is a perfect equipment for Road Racing on the track actually . The Supra I got it from was used only for that kind of particular events. Now a good addition to my weekend warrior .

It came with some accessories like a Smarty Cam , Smarty GPS and some others.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-13-19 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-12-19, 04:19 AM
KahnBB6

Congrats on the partout sale, Gerry! And that is a very nice instrument readout! It's got backlighting as well? It looks like it's got all the basic essentials. Do the main readouts change with different modes? It definitely fits the bill in a road race prepped car. Now it will live in your monster SC
Old 06-13-19, 08:18 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Congrats on the partout sale, Gerry! And that is a very nice instrument readout! It's got backlighting as well? It looks like it's got all the basic essentials. Do the main readouts change with different modes? It definitely fits the bill in a road race prepped car. Now it will live in your monster SC
Craig - yes it has back lighting / Night Vision . This will enable me to monitor a lot of information with one display and just flip through the pages.
Old 06-19-19, 09:46 AM
irondonkey
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey gerrb, hope you been doin well back in GA haha. i wanted to reach out to you since i know you like to horde SC300's but my buddy has a 1999 SC300, silver with black interior he's looking to get rid of for cheap. i know you could use more 97+ and the black interior. would you be interested?
Old 06-24-19, 05:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

dang .. long time no hear my friend . How are you in CA ? I sent you a PM . Yes I can make use of the VVTi block and harness and some parts from that car..
Old 07-24-19, 03:55 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

You set any records with that na-t yet?
Old 07-24-19, 08:57 PM
KahnBB6

^^ I'm also waiting patiently to see what that NA-T will do! Although since seeing Gerry recently I can say for certain that things are cooking with his SC's
Old 07-25-19, 04:09 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
You set any records with that na-t yet?
^^ I'm also waiting patiently to see what that NA-T will do! Although since seeing Gerry recently I can say for certain that things are cooking with his SC's
Car is running guys . Am actually happy with the way it runs. It is just that I have not been using the car much. That is the problem when you have 7 boosted cars and I believe 7 or 8 others (SUVs,trucks and other cars) .. hahaha. Can't use all of them often. I just parted two Supra MKIVs I recently bought with a lot of aftermarket parts and so from the parts I acquired , am preparing another NA-T long block with billet mains and aftermarket internals so when I push the stock NA-T long block and something happens , I have something ready.

The NA-T is a very responsive setup . I believe the long stock runners help a lot.
Old 07-26-19, 01:42 AM
KahnBB6

^^ I'm glad to hear it's been treating you well whenever you do get chances to use it Are you of the opinion that the GE VVT-i head makes a significant difference in that overall response? Or do you think it is mostly due to those long runners on the NA manifold?

Also... do you think the tight central six-into-one arrangement of that Treadstone exhaust manifold makes for a significant improvement in quick spooling? Perhaps all of those above factors together?

Billet mains and all aftermarket internals on your spare GE block will be sick
Old 07-29-19, 12:43 AM
Reyke
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ I'm glad to hear it's been treating you well whenever you do get chances to use it Are you of the opinion that the GE VVT-i head makes a significant difference in that overall response? Or do you think it is mostly due to those long runners on the NA manifold?

Also... do you think the tight central six-into-one arrangement of that Treadstone exhaust manifold makes for a significant improvement in quick spooling? Perhaps all of those above factors together?

Billet mains and all aftermarket internals on your spare GE block will be sick
I'm also curious because I'm pulling my stock NA-T engine and installing NA VVTI head with some head work, treadstone mani, newer turbo and QSV. Really focusing this setup for pump gas but with good torque. I keep reading the benefits of VVTI and the dyno sheets confirm it as well.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys