ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Build Threads (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads-252/)
-   -   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/624713-2jzgte-scs-the-siblings-of-my-supra-mkiv-toys.html)

gerrb 03-19-12 12:06 PM

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

12 Attachment(s)
NOTE : 0ct 14,2017

***** DUE TO THE PHOTOBUCKET HOSTING PROBLEM , I am slowly attaching the pictures on every post of this thread .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always loved the looks of the SC300 & SC400. Two years ago, I tried to get an SC300 swapped with a 2jzgte 6 speed but an A**hole who was then a member of this forum fooled me. I was so disappointed that I literally chopped that car in pieces and kept all the usable parts. I stopped lurking around this forum and turned my attention on the Supra MKIVs and their forums. In the course of two years I have owned a number of MKIVs and still do today.

I always felt that I got to have a sleeper SC. With the MKIVs , when people see them, they always think , "oh that is a fast car" even if it was an NA ...lol ...but with a sleeper SC , being an old car, not everyone will suspect a fast car not unless they see what is under that hood or they know the sounds of those cams and a built engine.

So here I am once again on this forum, trying my luck once again , embarking on a 2jzgte SC project. But this time , I will try to do it myself and with the help of people on this forum and friends. I have learned my lesson well. If you want to have these performance / tuner cars, you might as well learn how to tinker with them so you are not fooled and you save tons of money.

Last Saturday , I got a non running SC400 towed to my place. First thing I did was give it a good scrubbing and washing since it was parked on the open for years.

that tire reserve space was filled with water and had to take out the rubber stoppers to drain it ...

Once I was done washing it , I installed some wheels I had laying around just to have a new look...till I get some money for the wheels I like to have on this car , a set of CCW with drag radials.

How the car looks after washing and installing wheels/tires ...

gerrb 03-19-12 12:07 PM

As time and progress goes by , I will update this thread with things I have done ....It won't be a quick built. It will all depend on time and availability of funds. Performance cars are money pit so I will take my sweet time grabbing good parts as I see them on this forum or on the other forum I frequent.

gerrb 03-19-12 12:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
As of today trunk is now clean , with the reserve and complete sidings , mats and even found a set of first aid and original sc tools in my pile of junk inside my garage .

gerrb 03-19-12 12:44 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The car's interior ...

gerrb 03-19-12 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today I started taking apart the v8 engine so I can pull it out within the week and give the engine bay a good cleaning and probably painting...

MooJohn 03-19-12 01:10 PM

Any ideas as to why it doesn't run? Odds are good that it wouldn't take much to have that cruising around again.

Looks like somebody painted the front air dam too. My car came with it already ripped off for me :D

gerrb 03-19-12 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by MooJohn (Post 7097849)
Any ideas as to why it doesn't run? Odds are good that it wouldn't take much to have that cruising around again.

Looks like somebody painted the front air dam too. My car came with it already ripped off for me :D

The car will start but someone is playing with marbles inside , kidding aside .. it has a rod knock .

O. L. T. 03-19-12 01:19 PM

If it has a loud knock it is a rod knock, if it is not painfully obvious you absolutely have a rod knock, then it is the water pump. A knocking rod on an SC4 is hard to come by...... and a marbles in a can water pump knock is easy to come by.

gerrb 03-19-12 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by O. L. T. (Post 7097874)
If it has a loud knock it is a rod knock, if it is not painfully obvious you absolutely have a rod knock, then it is the water pump. A knocking rod on an SC4 is hard to come by.

Am sure it is not the water pump... loud knocking sound and no power on the car, would hardly move on a slight incline .. I heard that before they started hearing the loud knocking sound , former owner broke a timing belt while driving at around 80mph on the highway. I wonder if the 1uzfe are interference engines.

O. L. T. 03-19-12 01:24 PM

Still explainable......... PS fluid blowback into the intake will do a similar thing. Anywho......... congrats, you have the less than 1% of SC4's with a rod knock. Had to have been ran without oil for a LONG TIME cause they will hold up with no oil pressure........... friggin animals.

My spare 1UZ is sitting in the corner where it has been for ten years because the one in my car refuses to die.

plex 03-19-12 01:25 PM

Good luck with the build. These are definitely sleeper cars I have to taunt people for runs sometimes lol....

gerrb 03-19-12 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by O. L. T. (Post 7097888)
Still explainable......... PS fluid blowback into the intake will do a similar thing. Anywho......... congrats, you have the less than 1% of SC4's with a rod knock. Had to have been ran without oil for a LONG TIME cause they will hold up with no oil pressure........... friggin animals.

My spare 1UZ is sitting in the corner where it has been for ten years because the one in my car refuses to die.

I believe that was it .. OIL starvation ... cause damn car barely had any oil. I knew the 1uzfe were indestructible if properly maintained.

gerrb 03-19-12 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by cherplex (Post 7097892)
Good luck with the build. These are definitely sleeper cars I have to taunt people for runs sometimes lol....

thanks ..... will just keep it stock looking on the outside I guess except for a good set of CCW and coilovers . Freaking car looks like one of my lifted 4x4 , up high the ground.

megamax 03-19-12 02:20 PM

welcome. i know you have to be on supra forums. i find this site to be more friendly from a noob to a seasoned car guy. maybe all the restrictions over there. i made another account after the one before that wasn't banned but i couldnt post or pm anyone.

so hows the mk4 life?? i also have a sc400 lucky you to have your lip in good condition still..

are you dead set on a v160 or will you settle for a r154??

gerrb 03-19-12 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by megamax (Post 7098009)
welcome. i know you have to be on supra forums. i find this site to be more friendly from a noob to a seasoned car guy. maybe all the restrictions over there. i made another account after the one before that wasn't banned but i couldnt post or pm anyone.

so hows the mk4 life?? i also have a sc400 lucky you to have your lip in good condition still..

are you dead set on a v160 or will you settle for a r154??

Thanks Megamax. I guess all forums have their own positive and negative characteristics. Well you are lucky you were able to create another account on supraforums after your first was banned. Once mods notices the same IP address of your new and old account are same, your new one will be shut down too not unless you talk to a mod and give them a good reason. I guess it all depends on why the first account had been banned.

Well I love my Supra MKIVs. Definitely rare cars. Seldom you see them on the road. Thats why even if you had an NA, people think , "damn that is a freaking fast car" ...lol .. when in fact, the MKIV NAs have exactly the same engine with the SC300s. MKIV prices are soaring due to the demand and availability specially of 6 speeds. People want an arm and a leg for them.

Right now, on this sc400 2jzgte swap , I believe I wanted to go automatic . I wanted a cruiser and at the same time one that will support my ego on the streets when the occasion calls for it. I already have a weekend warrior on my 6 speed Supra built single turbo so I dont need to have another 6 speed. I always wanted a twin aftermarket turbos setup which I am seriously considering for this SC400 just for the sake of having one. A single turbo is a more economical setup and easier to maintain but I simply love the idea of having aftermarket twins. Will see how it goes. I don't want to throw a lot of money on this car. As I said before , they are always a money pit.