Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-17, 02:53 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

I guess I am simply not explaining myself well but I believe we are on the same page and I know exactly what you are saying. And thank you for all the help.

True ... , spending so much and you can't use them is the last thing I want to do that is why I want to make sure about this. Shoot , now I remember , I cannot use those of the MKIV's simply because they don't have the same width and offset that I wanted and not same size of tires . My SC quarter panels have almost a 50mm pull and the MKIV has stock quarter panels.

At this point I will stay with what I am sure will work and not worry about getting wider lips. Function first before the looks . I wouldn't even bother checking if the other type of disks will work.

Front : 19x9 +24 T Disk Offset , 2.25" (58mm) lip , Toyo R888 260/30R19
Rear : 19x12 +24 T Disk Offset , 3.75" (96mm) lip , Toyo R888 345/30R19

Last edited by gerrb; 12-18-17 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-18-17, 04:03 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Blkexcoupe - let me ask you this ... using the premise that T-Disk = O-Disk + 32mm

Will a 19x10 Disk T +36 offset wheel be the same wheel as a 19x10 Disk O +4 offset wheel ?

if yes , therefore you can use the O Disk wheel instead of the T Disk Wheel provided you have no problem on strut and fender clearances ?

sorry ... got to get this thing right if I want to replace my T Disk wheel into an O disk cause as you said , I hate to spend $5k on a wheel setup I cannot use ...

hahaha.. still hoping I can get away with wider lips than I am getting from the specs I specified on my last post that is why am doing all sort of computations . For the rear , as you have mentioned , that drum disk housing spacer depth can be added to my lip so getting the right O disk should work but first I want to make sure of my computations that''s why I threw you the question above and have a better understanding of these things.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-18-17 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-18-17, 05:38 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Blkexcoupe - let me ask you this ... using the premise that T-Disk = O-Disk + 32mm

will a 19x10 Disk T +36 offset wheel have exactly the same dimensions as 19x10 Disk O +4 offset wheel ?

if yes , therefore you can use the O Disk wheel instead of the T Disk Wheel provided you have no problem on strut and fender clearances ?

sorry ... got to get this thing right if I want to replace my T Disk wheel into an O disk cause as you said , I hate to spend $5k on a wheel setup I cannot use ...

hahaha.. still hoping I can get away with wider lips than I am getting from the specs I specified on my last post that is why am doing all sort of computations . For the rear , as you have mentioned , that drum disk housing spacer depth can be added to my lip so getting the right O disk should work but first I want to make sure of my computations that''s why I threw you the question above and have a better understanding of these things.
No, if you had a 19x10 +36 T Disk wheel on your car, and tried to bolt a 19x10 + 4 O disk wheel on right after it wouldn't clear the brakes in the front. If we assume, it clears the brakes, it'll stick out an additional 32mm.

19x10 +36 T disk meister:
Lip: 2"
Barrel: 8"
Disk (Distance from hub to inner barrel register): 40mm

19x10 +4 O disk meister
Lip: 4.5"
Barrel: 5.5"
Disk (Distance from hub to inner barrel register): 8mm

For the fronts, T disk is unavoidable, but in the rears you might be able to go with a lower disk for more lip. Do you have the 380mm brakes on the rear of one of your supras? Just measure how much taller the caliper is compared to the rotor hat. I think you should be able to get away with an A or L disk in the rear.

Another issue I thought of while looking at my meisters is that the face is rear mounted. The bolts will be about 10mm closer to your calipers compared to a front mounted wheel. Personally, I would call/email Ravspec, evasive, or mvp to see if any of them have put these wheels over the 380mm brakes.
Old 12-18-17, 06:04 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

that was a lot clearer for me ... thanks a million.

I will take out the wheel on the MKIV and do the measurements.

Did send a PM to Robert who used to work for MVP , I believe he did sell these Meisters S1 3pc with the 15" Brembo Kit.
Old 12-25-17, 03:30 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Merry Christmas to all .

Last edited by gerrb; 12-26-17 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-30-17, 08:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Someone was asking me about other ways to plumb a fuel system that can support at least 800rwhp without using the huge pumps like Weldon and triple Denso pumps that I have on my Ultimate SC Sleeper . Here is the fuel system for my Old Man Tan , which by the way won't be tan in color soon . It made 940rwhp on one intank TT Denso Pump plus 2 external Bosch 044 pumps. I used a TT Denso for the lower boost / hp since they are quiet. The damn Bosch 044 are noisy to my liking but at high boost , pump noise is drowned by your exhaust so hardly hear them.

This setup can easily support 1100-1250rwhp on E85 based on my computations and each one of the three pumps is enabled based on the amount of boost . Denso TT pump can handle to around 400rwhp on E85 or 500 on Pump 93, fuel then returns to the surge tank. When the surge tank fills up, fuel is pushed back to the main fuel tank. The Bosch 044 are enabled individually based on amount of boost and both get their supply from the surge tank and all fuel is always returned to the surge tank.
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20171230_114150.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 12-30-17 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-02-18, 05:07 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I need to replace that silver part (where those two small buttons are) of the AEM Tru-Boost Gauge into black. just like the one beside it which is that of the AEM Serial Gauge . If anyone has that part laying around , please sell it to me . Decided to install the AEM v2 ECU on this car that I am planning to sell and keep the ProEFI stuff . Three AEM gauges are more than enough since the AEM Serial Gauge can actually display 19 different parameters as though you have 19 different gauges. You can cycle through them by pushing those buttons.
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180101_154140.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 01-03-18 at 02:09 AM.
Old 01-03-18, 06:17 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

for those who had been asking if the steering wheel obscure me from seeing the gauges ?

NO ... in fact even with the camera having only one camera lens (having two eyes makes you see better) , you still see that it has a good view of those gauges
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180103_075429.jpg  
Old 01-05-18, 06:03 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Usually Water / Meth Injection is used with Pump gas for the cooling effect and increase of octane. Many times when people are on E85 especially with a flex fuel sensor, they take out the water / meth injection system because E85 already has that higher octane and cooling effect.

I have an extra almost new AEM Water / Meth Injection system that came from a good friend. I wanted to sell it but no one wants to pay my price so decided it might as well go to my Ultimate SC Sleeper so the car can have all the power adders it can have and each one be used as per need basis. Of course this addition is not necessary but hey .. I got it ... I might as well use it . After a lot of reading on Water Meth Injection with E85 , it actually is a very lethal combination . One good thing that water / meth does is cleanup all those carbon deposits inside the engine keeping pistons and the rest of the stuff clean so you can squeeze every inch of power you can. Carbon Deposits have effect on performance , emissions and fuel economy.

Here is a good read : http://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/f...hould-you-run/

Picture below you see the AEM water meth tank and the pump installed just beside the Weldon -2345a
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180105_081833.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 01-05-18 at 07:01 AM.
Old 01-10-18, 11:30 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

^^ You know... I was looking into a true water (mist) injection system myself a while back (NOT those phony Hydrogen bubble injection kits that rip people off and damage engines) as an alternative to Meth injection. Aquamist or Coolingmist makes one of these such systems, I think. I saw an episode of Jay Leno's web show where he had a supercharged Bentley hooked up with water injection to augment the pump 91 octane we have in California. I put off the idea when I learned that I can safely go to 15 psi on my twins with 91 octane if I chose to.

Obviously a very mild application compared to its necessity with a fuel system like the one in your RM2 SC300, Gerry
Old 01-24-18, 03:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Got some thinking to do tonight . My buddy will come back tomorrow to check what my decision is.

He offered me to trade his 2008 Lexus IS F with my 1997 SC300 5 speed plus the SC with stock vvti 2jzgte .

The car is dirty but nice ... V8 5.0 416hp 371ft/lbs of torque, leather interior , navigation , backup camera and so on ....

I would have to do some research on this car since am not familiar with them. I just heard they were brought out to rival the BMW M3s .
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170702.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170737.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170751.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170654.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170744.jpg  

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20180124_170602.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 01-25-18 at 05:09 AM.
Old 01-24-18, 03:39 PM
SpectraBlu
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I always liked the isf, unfortunately I'm to big to fit comfortably(6'3 250lbs) lol. They're pretty awesome. It'd be pretty sweet to add one to your fleet
Old 01-25-18, 05:15 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by SpectraBlu
I always liked the isf, unfortunately I'm to big to fit comfortably(6'3 250lbs) lol. They're pretty awesome. It'd be pretty sweet to add one to your fleet
Everything I read so far about them , I like. So I will probably do the trade. Whether I will keep it for good will be another question . I was trying to trim down on the number of vehicles for which I have 15 right now . It might be a good daily driver but it would be nothing compared to the power of my Old Man Tan which is my daily driver now.

I will probably eventually let someone have a good deal and enjoy it after a couple of weeks of using it. I read that they have been discontinued after 2014 having produced only 11,000 units so will they become rare and eventually be very desirable and their prices go high up there .. who knows.
Old 01-26-18, 02:37 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Everything I read so far about them , I like. So I will probably do the trade. Whether I will keep it for good will be another question . I was trying to trim down on the number of vehicles for which I have 15 right now . It might be a good daily driver but it would be nothing compared to the power of my Old Man Tan which is my daily driver now.

I will probably eventually let someone have a good deal and enjoy it after a couple of weeks of using it. I read that they have been discontinued after 2014 having produced only 11,000 units so will they become rare and eventually be very desirable and their prices go high up there .. who knows.
They are good cars. Can't go wrong with one, Gerry It won't compare to your OMT SC but it is a very good, powerful Lexus sedan. The only thing about them is that the first 1-2 years or production had only an open diff rear. I think 2010+ IS-F's finally got a factory Torsen LSD rear. Finding an OEM Torsen from the later IS-F production years (or an OSG or other aftermarket) is what most owners do.

The engine is one of the earliest, I think, that can switch between Otto Cycle and Atkinson Cycle for better fuel efficiency.

You'll be trading the 97 SC that needs an engine? I am sorry I don't have the GE block ready for you yet :/ Once things settle down for me in early March I will be able to resume the work on my SC and have the GE out for transport... if it is still useful to you by then.

In all this does sound like a good deal if the stock GTE car isn't pulling on you to keep it
Old 01-27-18, 02:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ Indeed it is a powerful sedan. It kinda haul a?s . I guess it was meant to rival the M3s. Hmmm, so it doesn't have an lsd. I didn't find any info on it when I was searching about that rear end.

At any rate it is not something I will keep. Maybe enjoy it for a couple of weeks then let it go. As you very well know , need to cut on the number of vehicles so the stock GTE SC had to go and I don't mind at this point. With the trade , my buddy actually was just interested on the GTE SC . He wants to sell the 97 5 speed too. He won't even take it with him.

I would still need that complete short block. It can wait buddy, no hurry . Need to put that 97 SC 5 speed without engine back to all stock again.

So you are back in the west already ?

Last edited by gerrb; 01-27-18 at 02:35 AM.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys