Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-17, 12:10 PM
8052JZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Thanks guys. Sorry for those who have sent PM , requesting for info or help about my threads and wasn't answering. I cannot possibly do everything being requested so far.

Please wait for these thread pictures be updated. What I will do is every time I have some spare time , I will go through every post and replace the pictures as attachments . That is if I remember what pictures are on a particular post . This process will drive me crazy eventually. ( I wonder how long this process will take me ) .

It will take a long time but better than not having pictures.
HHMMM Gery, I think its time for the CL community to pitch in and get that $399 plan for you.. With all the information and detailed pictures you provide, its least we can do? Id be more then happy to donate to the cause. With the number of members always coming back to this thread, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to pitch in?

What you guys say?!?
Old 06-29-17, 03:35 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Thanks guys. Sorry for those who have sent PM , requesting for info or help about my threads and wasn't answering. I cannot possibly do everything being requested so far.

Please wait for these thread pictures be updated. What I will do is every time I have some spare time , I will go through every post and replace the pictures as attachments . That is if I remember what pictures are on a particular post . This process will drive me crazy eventually. ( I wonder how long this process will take me ) .

It will take a long time but better than not having pictures.
I backed up your post about merging the aristo 2jzgte vvt-i wiring harness into your 97 sc300. It includes all 14 post in this thread merged into a single 155 page pdf. I can upload it and send it to you if you'd like.
The following users liked this post:
APTech (06-29-17)
Old 06-29-17, 05:26 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Thanks 8052JZ and Blkexcoupe ... I feel the love .

I almost paid the $399 yearly subscription last week to Photobucket but decided that they are not getting a dime from me.

So even if you guys are willing to pitch in (which a lot have already informed me) , we will have same problem next year . Thanks a million anyway for all those who offered.

Besides, what they did wasn't right. They did change their terms and condition on June 20,2017 and then the same day started running after their users who use the free hosting / linking . After all the damn site was started with that in mind , serving as free hosts. And now they hi jack users demanding them to subscribe or no more free linking ?

So I will go through the posts of this thread one by one and attach the images. I have all of them in different laptops of mine. But are all intact. It will take time but be patient with me guys.

I am not giving them a single dime of mine . It was like , all of a sudden , you subscribe and pay $399 or you are done .

I have started seeing some of our users on this forum having their pictures also taken away and being replaced with the photobucket subscription image. So looks like eventually every one who are using photobucket will be affected.
Old 06-30-17, 08:20 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I guess you're right. My account just got blocked today too. Its time to transfer all my SC photos to google photos.

An easy solution for those that need to view the photos for the time being is to click on the blocked photos and follow the link. The photos can still be viewed directly on the photobucket website. It only works when I'm logged out of my photobucket account though.
Old 06-30-17, 08:48 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I guess you're right. My account just got blocked today too. Its time to transfer all my SC photos to google photos.

An easy solution for those that need to view the photos for the time being is to click on the blocked photos and follow the link. The photos can still be viewed directly on the photobucket website. It only works when I'm logged out of my photobucket account though.
Sorry to hear. I guess they are slowly removing the hosting / linking feature for all. Yeah you will still see picture if you click the image for the next few days or so but eventually wouldn't. I couldn't anymore though you can get into them while you are on their site.... just can't link.

The best solution would be attach pictures so they reside in the Clublexus forum server. Using another hosting site will probably have same repurcussion eventually.
Old 07-04-17, 12:24 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Gerry and everyone in on the photo hosting discussion-- that is a very new about-face from Photobucket. I always assumed they were reliable unless you were using a huge amount of space but apparently not. I hope it isn't an industry trend.

For what it's worth, I have been using private server hosting and linking to my images for a very long time but a year or so back I realized CL hosted photos also. I started doing it that way for my build thread but there are a lot of old DIY threads I've made where I still use a private server. There aren't all that many photos in them an I have considered editing the most useful DIY threads and re-hosting the images here on CL's server.

Actually I've never liked the ownership and use clauses in the TOS agreements on many of the big photo hosting services. I recommend a private hosting service for multi-purpose use any day. $400/year for Photobucket is insane. Mine is only $120/year and it's useful for anything I want to do with it well beyond photos.

Local CL hosting wasn't an option some years back when I first joined but I thought it was an awesome addition a couple of years ago. However I have wondered if there are any storage space usage community guidelines or limitations for each CL user.

Just to be clear on the Photobucket issue though, are they essentially withholding any and all access to all of your photos unless a $400 annual subscription random is paid... or is it just outside linking that they are breaking for all their users? Either way, that's no bueno and a laughably excessive fee they're demanding.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 07-04-17 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-04-17, 04:24 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Craig - we still have access on the photobucket pictures. You just can't do any linking and display pictures in another website.

Yes our forum do hosts pictures now on the gallery or you can use the attach pictures functions.

For me that will be the safest bet now not unless you will want to continually subscribe with payment in hosting services from other sites
Old 07-04-17, 09:46 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Just to be clear on the Photobucket issue though, are they essentially withholding any and all access to all of your photos unless a $400 annual subscription random is paid... or is it just outside linking that they are breaking for all their users? Either way, that's no bueno and a laughably excessive fee they're demanding.
We still have access to everything and the photos can be viewed directly on their site. We lose 3rd party hosting unless we pay the $400 a year (which is their most expensive package). Which is insane, because I used to have a photobucket pro account 7 or 8 years ago when I was photographing car shows/trade shows, and at the time I paid less than $100.

Right now, Flickr Pro+ is looking like the best deal. 1tb of storage for $50 a year, and 3rd party linking is still allowed.
Old 07-25-17, 09:45 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

I already have sold one of my 1 of 120 1997 SC300 5 speed. Will still sell one that has less than 120k miles and will also sell the last SC I did a stock 2jzgte swap . I can trade both for a +2003 Mercedes Benz SL500 to complement my hard top convertible 2004 Lexus SC430. Or sell both a 1 of 120 1997 SC300 5speed with the 1992 SC400 (w/ 97 body kit) with a stock 2jzgte swap for $16k together. Both cars need a paint job but both cars have one of the best interiors you will find around. They might still need some minor work but no major work. Both run good. The 1997 5speed is black and 1992 with a 2jzgte swap is red.

I am definitely cutting down to two SCs .. but ultimate sleepers, one auto and one 6 speed . Their final specs will definitely get a lot of fast car owners butt hurt by these old 1992 SCs. This past vacation had made me firm in my resolve to play more now and do less wrenching. So instead of doing a 2jzgte swap on that 64k miles 2004 Lexus SC430 I just bought before going for vacation, I will just spend the money in getting it a brother in another hardtop convertible 2003+ Mercedes Benz SL500 . After all I have a low mileage MB sedan with that same model. I don't know why these hard top convertibles are now getting my attention and interest. I guess it is because I have seen quite a number in Europe these past 2 weeks. If it is an AMG version , then I can even add some cash if it is worth it. Just want a fair trade.

So if you guys are interested in a 1997 Lexus SC300 original 5 speed and a 1992 SC400 (everything on it is from a 2000 - every wiring and parts except the front bumper) that has a stock 2jzgte swap... both are running cars ... let me know . Talk to me. I will definitely let them go.

I have seen these 2003+ Mercedes Benz SL500 from $10k and above . I am willing to trade my two cars for a SL500 . I wan't a silver color SL500 just like my sedan.

Last edited by gerrb; 07-25-17 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-03-17, 02:33 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Sorry for the so many who have been sending me PM to repost pictures of this thread and the other DIY threads I have started. When I get the enthusiasm and time I will . At this point , knowing that I have to repost thousands of pictures just do not give me that zest to do it. Photobucket doing what they just did about their 3rd party linking just killed that interest in me

Maybe one day
Old 08-04-17, 02:13 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Photobucket will lose many "customers" from this move but the loss is still ours when it comes to enormously detailed DIY threads all over the internet. If they do manage to stay aloft after this their long term user base will be much smaller. Few will trust them now.

I'm sorry Gerry :/ The number of specific pictures in your GTE harness thread alone will be a tremendous effort to restore.
Old 08-04-17, 09:14 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

People have to realize that you do all of this for free, so it has to be on your schedule to fix it. It just sucks that most people access your threads when they're in need of help.

It took me a month of working on it in my free time to fix 7 pages worth of broken links, and even I lost motivation to fix it with only around a hundred pics.

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Photobucket will lose many "customers" from this move but the loss is still ours when it comes to enormously detailed DIY threads all over the internet. If they do manage to stay aloft after this their long term user base will be much smaller. Few will trust them now.

I'm sorry Gerry :/ The number of specific pictures in your GTE harness thread alone will be a tremendous effort to restore.
They've already lost a bunch of customers. I was reading articles about how the outcome of this move by photobucket will become a case study for business schools in the future.
Old 08-04-17, 01:11 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

^^^ dang it .... just this build thread is 274 pages .. hahaha . And you spent hours for 7 pages . I am screwed

The thing is .. .yes they provided it for free, but what they did is like put everyone on hostage . It was sudden on June 20 I believe. So they ask people to use their database to store every one's pictures allowing free links . When they had billions of pictures , all of a sudden they use them to force people to subscribe ?

I have all the pictures in different laptops I have . I have really nothing to loose . It is just I get so many users asking me for pictures which i cannot send pictures per person. So when I have time , I don't know when , I will re post pictures.
Old 08-04-17, 01:34 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Ok ... someone was asking me about the 1997 SC300 5 speed I mentioned above that I am trading . It needs a paint job. Drive train is the best part I would say of this car . How long I had this car ? At least 4 years now . This car used to have one of my 2jzgte 6 speed as you guys have seen on this build thread but took it out and reinstalled stock drive train since I have decided to sell and wind down to 2 or 3 2jzgte SCs. I am only keeping one 1997 5speed. I already have sold the other one. This car is ready for boost. It already has a -10an oil return fitting on the oil pan and the engine just have a little over 100k miles. The W58 has a Clutch Master FX400 pressure plate and clutch which have handled 600rwhp according to DaveH who was well known on the 2jz NA-T community. If It was me , I would only push it between 400-500rwhp with that clutch. As mentioned it needs a paint job. I will sell the 1997 SC300 5 speed for $12.5k and I will get it a good paint job or you get the paint job and I will discount paint job cost. I can trade it for anything useful for me or my toys.

This car had been sitting in my back yard up there in North Atlanta for a while now . Someone come and get it .
Attached Thumbnails 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154845.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154852.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154902.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154935.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154444.jpg  

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154433.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154427.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_154452.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_155004.jpg   2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_155012.jpg  

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys-20170804_155059.jpg  

Last edited by gerrb; 08-06-17 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-04-17, 02:04 PM
76mmturbo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gerrb

Question. Were you able to fit the qsv on the spa manifold on the car. I remember seeing a picture of it but now it's gone of course. I'm trying to see if I should get one to go with my 7175 on my spa manifold.

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys