Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-13, 08:14 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Man this thread is getting better each time I read the follow ups. You are on your way in becoming a tuner, I just know it. The red car just needs a good paint job and drive this thing. I want to see it making some pulls through the gears. The engine bay just looks incredible man. All those custom lines, fittings, and so on. Just a work of art.
Old 06-15-13, 05:08 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Man this thread is getting better each time I read the follow ups. You are on your way in becoming a tuner, I just know it. The red car just needs a good paint job and drive this thing. I want to see it making some pulls through the gears. The engine bay just looks incredible man. All those custom lines, fittings, and so on. Just a work of art.
Thanks Mark ! That is the objective right now , me being able to tune and work on my cars . That will save me a lot of money. Also eventually be able to help a lot of friends. You know how much it costs to tune a car.

True, the red mamba needs a good paint. Also I am still trying to replace some rubber lines in the engine bay with SS braided lines. Again I need the right fittings... never ending purchase of these freaking fittings. Like the rubber hose from the IACV to the intake manifold needs to be replaced. That hose is very important for my idle tune. The air being taken in by the IACV is being restricted along the way to the intake manifold. That messes up what the ECU is telling the IACV how much air to let in , then meanwhile same air is not being let into the intake manifold because of the hose collapsing . Suspension / Wheels and tires need work too to handle the power. Remember power without traction is useless .

Once l have replaced all rubber lines and cleaned up the engine bay , maybe I will try to repaint it again. I am considering of removing the Heater Control Valve to clean up a bit the bay. I wonder what will be the bad effect. Isn't that valve used to control the amount of hot water going through the heater core inside the cabin ? Anybody removed this and had bad effects ?

Last edited by gerrb; 06-15-13 at 05:19 AM.
Old 06-15-13, 08:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Here is a picture of what I was referring too.. the rubber hose to my IACV valve has a kink where it bends thus restricting the flow of air going in through the IACV. So I am replacing it with a SS Teflon hose which is a lot harder aside from the fact that it looks better ...

Old 06-15-13, 05:15 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Didn't have to buy fittings for my IACV hose, am tired of buying fittings anyway, lol . I found a 3/8 npt barb fitting and a -10an in my pile of junk so I managed to replace the hose as soon as I arrived home from my tuning training today. Now that the intake manifold side of the SS braided hose is fastened , I will need the -10an male bung welded into the IACV flange.

Last edited by gerrb; 06-15-13 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-16-13, 07:49 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Being a tough metal to drill , I thought of bringing to a shop the intake pipe so a hole can be drilled for my catch can line for vacuum / scavenging. Managed to drill the hole for the -10AN line with the tools I had.

Old 06-16-13, 08:07 AM
GT60Lex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, it's coming together great!
Old 06-16-13, 08:14 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GT60Lex
Nice work, it's coming together great!
Thank you sir ! I am glad you got those homelink visor working. Was it easy ? Were you able to control your garage door opener ?
Old 06-16-13, 07:10 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Dang man. You have like 3k just in fittings and lines. I cant wait to see it in person.
Old 06-17-13, 11:57 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
Dang man. You have like 3k just in fittings and lines. I cant wait to see it in person.
I am right there with fittings and lines man . Just plain ridiculuous. Well , got to pay to play.

Today , went to a welding shop that was operated by a father and son to get three pieces welded. They were aluminum parts so got to get someone else do it. One for my IACV , the other two for my AC system. It costs me $60 to get 3 small things aluminum welded which I believe was fair enough considering the time they spent on it.

Old 06-17-13, 11:58 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Old 06-17-13, 08:52 PM
GT60Lex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Thank you sir ! I am glad you got those homelink visor working. Was it easy ? Were you able to control your garage door opener ?
Yes, now I can control the garage door with the homelink. It was pretty easy once I know what to do.
Old 06-18-13, 03:01 PM
megamax
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pics of the ac pieces installed??
Old 06-18-13, 05:29 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
I will take some for you in the morning buddy so you see how they are installed !

This is what I did ... our 1992 SCs do not have the freon refill port on the AC hard lines . It is on the compressor. So I had to take the AC hard lines from the SC300. I took out the end part coupler from our 92 that connects to the firewall and got it welded to the SC300 line that has the refill port.

Picture below shows the end part from the 1992 line has been cut already

As you can see on the next picture the end part is about to be welded

The rubber line connected to the compressor on the JZ engine has one of its end oriented 180 degrees so again I got that from the 92 SC400 and got it welded to the JZ rubber line end.

This was the end from the JZ line that I replaced with that of the 92 SC.

here you see the welded parts .. will take pictures for you tomorrow where they are installed buddy !

Old 06-19-13, 08:10 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by megamax
Here you go for the pictures of those welded parts installed .

first part bolted near the firewall . Now I have a freon refill port since I used that from an SC300.

second part bolted at the bottom going to the drier or condenser I believe (forgot to check) . That line goes to the compressor.

After taking those pictures , decided to drive the car around the block. My freaking idle is out of whack . so I had to modify my IDLE % vs TARGET RPM Map again. This just confirms the first cardinal rule before getting your car tuned. MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS MECHANICALLY AND ELECTRICALLY SOUND and all your SENSORS are GOOD !

When I tuned my idle last week , I had a kink on the rubber hose from the intake to IACV as seen on the pictures before I replaced that rubber hose with SS braided hose. So the amount of air entering the engine through the IACV to make corrections on the IDLE RPM was messed up . Since I have replaced that hose, air is now free flowing coming from the IACV. Now after modifying the map, the IDLE % duty are even lower since there is no restriction . The idle is even better and engine a lot , lot quiter .. lopey cam sounds are even more distinct since you barely hear the intake of air from the IACV.
Old 06-19-13, 08:21 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

this is engine is amazing... lots of blood sweat and tears in this build.. very nice ..

Quick Reply: 2jzGTE SCs - The Siblings of my Supra MKIV Toys