Mv350's '93 UCF11 Black on Black Pix and Progress Thread - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


Build Threads Details on Club Lexus LS400 owner vehicles

Mv350's '93 UCF11 Black on Black Pix and Progress Thread

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-12, 10:20 AM   #31
Mv350
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Mv350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 949
Posts: 5,639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlee View Post
Also got a question. Does it effect the auto tilt at all? Or everything else is pretty much in working order besides no cruise and no airbag?
Yup, everything has been working perfectly for a week now. No loosening off the wheel. Clock spring turns off turn signals. Auto tilt is fully functional. I just havent wired up the horn yet. You do lose the air bag and cruise control.
Mv350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-12, 12:32 PM   #32
filthyLS4
Driver
 
filthyLS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i kno this is a noob question but how do you remove the air bag? everyone says its pretty straight forward but i have yet to find a full tutorial on it. i would imagine everything after removing the air bag is easy though.
filthyLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 02:52 PM   #33
williepee
Driver
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ca
Posts: 107
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Back in a lexus Ian, nice.

We need to link up, you still have that sub box for the 2gs? Haha
williepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-12, 10:48 PM   #34
ocr
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mv350 View Post
Yup, everything has been working perfectly for a week now. No loosening off the wheel. Clock spring turns off turn signals. Auto tilt is fully functional. I just havent wired up the horn yet. You do lose the air bag and cruise control.
I wonder if you could wire somthing up to keep the cruse control? That would be what's stoping me.. I use the cruse control to much to give that up. If there is a way to keep the cruse control, Ill be getting a wheel
ocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 01:26 AM   #35
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
iTrader: (10)
 
PureDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: California
Posts: 23,798
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

if you buy a genuine HKB hub from japan i believe they have one that retains the cruise control by putting buttons on the hub. not sure if they made them for the LS, but i know they did one for the A70 supra.
PureDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 10:08 AM   #36
Mv350
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Mv350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 949
Posts: 5,639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Im pretty sure its a different spline count tho. I know that the supra hub will work on the 2gs but i dont think itll work on the ucf10's
Mv350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 12:51 PM   #37
PureDrifter
BahHumBug
iTrader: (10)
 
PureDrifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: California
Posts: 23,798
Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
Default

you misunderstand, i'm not implying that an A70 Supra hub will fit but rather that since HKB makes cruise control steering hubs for other cars there is the potential they make one for the UCF1x....
PureDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-12, 04:58 PM   #38
Mv350
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Mv350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 949
Posts: 5,639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureDrifter View Post
you misunderstand, i'm not implying that an A70 Supra hub will fit but rather that since HKB makes cruise control steering hubs for other cars there is the potential they make one for the UCF1x....
sorry about that.
Mv350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 08:35 AM   #39
Mv350
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Mv350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 949
Posts: 5,639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyLS4 View Post
i kno this is a noob question but how do you remove the air bag? everyone says its pretty straight forward but i have yet to find a full tutorial on it. i would imagine everything after removing the air bag is easy though.
Disconnect the battery
Pop off the 2 side covers
break all the torx head screw loose
after they are loose unscrew them
When them are all undone pull the airbag away from the steeering wheel and disconnect the yellow plug.
Mv350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 10:38 AM   #40
filthyLS4
Driver
 
filthyLS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mv350 View Post
Disconnect the battery
Pop off the 2 side covers
break all the torx head screw loose
after they are loose unscrew them
When them are all undone pull the airbag away from the steeering wheel and disconnect the yellow plug.
thanks been waitin for a answer before i go ripping out my air bag lol
filthyLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 11:48 AM   #41
timmy0tool
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (6)
 
timmy0tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 909/626/714, SoCal
Posts: 4,071
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
Default

word of caution: treat the airbag like an explosive, bc it is one!!! store it into the steering wheel face up.
timmy0tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 12:36 PM   #42
ocr
Pole Position
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: KS
Posts: 367
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy0tool View Post
word of caution: treat the airbag like an explosive, bc it is one!!! store it into the steering wheel face up.
Yep.. and also make shure ur not creating static electricity.. this thing going off would be about the equilivent of Chuck Noris round house kicking you in the face.. lol.
ocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 02:28 PM   #43
filthyLS4
Driver
 
filthyLS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocr View Post
Yep.. and also make shure ur not creating static electricity.. this thing going off would be about the equilivent of Chuck Noris round house kicking you in the face.. lol.
bwhahahaha im going to be extra careful now lol
filthyLS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 03:12 PM   #44
Mv350
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (23)
 
Mv350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 949
Posts: 5,639
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yes lol be super careful as not to drop it. and MAKE SURE YOUR BATTERY IS DISCONECTED!!


like OCR said. chuck norris will bust you in the face, well at least itll feel like it
Mv350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-12, 06:58 PM   #45
SuperiorSC
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 996
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mv350 View Post
Im pretty sure its a different spline count tho. I know that the supra hub will work on the 2gs but i dont think itll work on the ucf10's
jza80 supra hub does work on ucf10's i had a momo on mine.
SuperiorSC is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Pearl Red Nurburgring Debuts In The U.S. #308 rominl LFA Model (2012) 50 01-23-18 08:21 AM
DIY raditor removal Nova Performance & Maintenance 6 07-31-17 09:29 AM
2014 IS F Special Edition "Dynamic Sport Tuning" flipside909 IS F (2008-2014) 49 07-11-17 05:36 PM
My SC600 full build thread Strokergsr Build Threads 92 02-07-17 05:39 PM
Just finished my Valve cover Gasket change + Spark gasket. **Tips/Tricks/Advice** vwynn GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) 27 09-27-16 11:06 PM


Tags
1500 , 2500hd , 5100 , 93 , aero , bags , bilstein , bilstien , chevy , list , ls400 , needed , shocks , silverado , tools , uas , white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:29 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: