Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Toyboxx's Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-12, 11:14 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dwebb99
Sweet job! When your ready to do the LS400 BBK up front let me know. I have a nice set of LS400 calipers for sale. Great bang for the buck mod. Might just help you from hitting curbs again! email if interested: draytonwebb@yahoo.com
That could have definately helped haha. I would get them, but I still have a lot of products to buy to get her back on the road first.

Originally Posted by rcchris7
Haha love the signature.. always bumping get ya mind right in my sc.. glad to see another young owner I bought mine at 17 and she's burned a good hole in my pocket so far.
Hahaha glad to hear another Jeezy fan. Thug Motivation 101 is where its at. I've had SChelly since Novemeber, and I've already spent a good $1300ish on her. Luckily I have a decent job for a 20 year old.

Originally Posted by greens14
glad to hear that all is well local! at least you didnt like your previous set of wheels!
Yea I hate the panda theme, so glad those wheels are gone. Well actually I kept the three to use for drift spares.
Old 02-25-12, 11:18 AM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwebb99 View Post
Sweet job! When your ready to do the LS400 BBK up front let me know. I have a nice set of LS400 calipers for sale. Great bang for the buck mod. Might just help you from hitting curbs again! email if interested: draytonwebb@yahoo.com
That could have definately helped haha. I would get them, but I still have a lot of products to buy to get her back on the road first.

O.K. but you will be sorry....these are nice and a heck of a deal...!!
Old 02-25-12, 01:43 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

ur taillights looks legit bro. its inspiring me to take some 92's and spray them. how do u like the coils?
Old 02-25-12, 02:17 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dwebb99
O.K. but you will be sorry....these are nice and a heck of a deal...!!
Maybe getting the car back on the road is a bigger priority than braking right now, as the car is permanently braked until he fixes everything else.
Old 02-25-12, 02:44 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
ur taillights looks legit bro. its inspiring me to take some 92's and spray them. how do u like the coils?
Yea I love them, I would like to do this to '95 & '97 tail lights and see how they come out. As far as the coils, they look nice haha. My car has only been driven from inside my garage to my driveway for a bath, then back in the garage. I can't drive it till I get my power steering rack and tie rod. Hopefully should be fixed and back on the road by Wedensday. This whole not driving thing is taking a toll on my job, already been in trouble a couple times for being late.

Originally Posted by Anthony
Maybe getting the car back on the road is a bigger priority than braking right now, as the car is permanently braked until he fixes everything else.
Thank you
Old 02-26-12, 02:41 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys quick question, looking at buying a manual shifter boot from drift motion, but mine has the heated and trac control switches towards the top. But the one driftmotion sells either doesn't have it or the one that they offer for the heated seats looks to be at the bottom and not top. What has anyone that has the same thing as me done? And no I'm not swapping to manual yet, but I HATE the shifter assembly looks for autos, and no I don't want to swap to gated shifter from the '97+ SC's.
Old 02-26-12, 03:04 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Exactly, why take the hassle of swapping it over then spending the extra dough to go single. When I can just go single from the get go, seems a bit easier, and more of a learning process IMO. My friends are all telling me to just got GTE swap, but they don't know that the GE & GTE are basically one in the same (internally at least) besides the oil squirters (which people end up removing when they get in 800HP+ range) and the intake manifold, the only real downside to NA-T is the distributor, but thats not a huuge deal with me, and I don't mind.
Your biggest regret in the long run will be having an old ****ty manual transmission that's notch to shift, hard to shift or even worse grinds. Getting a low(er) mileage JDM manual transmission like the soarer r154 that comes 1jz engines makes the deal worth it IMO over NA-T.
Old 02-26-12, 04:07 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by account2x
Your biggest regret in the long run will be having an old ****ty manual transmission that's notch to shift, hard to shift or even worse grinds. Getting a low(er) mileage JDM manual transmission like the soarer r154 that comes 1jz engines makes the deal worth it IMO over NA-T.
But regardless I'm going to get a transmission that I know nothing about, and I'm not looking for the easiest route. I want a NA-T powered SC with a R154. I already ordered ARP Headstuds, and a TT headgasket. So I'm going to follow through with the NA-T setup, and see where it goes from there.
Old 02-26-12, 04:28 PM
account2x
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with gas prices so high why do you even want to go turbo?
Old 02-28-12, 07:20 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time removing my passenger LCA. the rear bolt will not come out! I've got the spindle out so everything is removed. My buddy and I just can't seem to get the rear bolt out of the LCA out. Any pointers guys?
Old 03-10-12, 02:30 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Quick update - Car is still down I may have tweaked my subframe, but I should be getting everything replaced on Monday, but I accidently broke my garage when shutting it last week, so even if my car gets up and running I wouldn't even be able to pull it out of the garage since it's broken.

But I'm not discouraged, and I'll be starting my new project. I ordered SEM Black Interior Paint from stockwiseauto.com so I'll be updating my thread once my car is driveable, then also when I start doing the interior color swap.

Update hopefully Tuesday with good news
Old 04-09-12, 10:43 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Just a quick little lunch time photo shoot at my works parking garage (sorry for shotty iPhone quality)

Arial POV

Squirrels POV

Old 04-09-12, 10:51 AM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is the ride on those coils? Any likes or dislikes?
Old 04-09-12, 03:27 PM
Knuckleup
Driver

Hey whatsup man! look for me crusing around phoenix and scottsdale! glad to see another AZ SC
Old 04-09-12, 07:35 PM
2slow2care
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good nice progress so far.

Quick Reply: Toyboxx's Build Thread