Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see it finished. Nice GS
Old 10-27-11, 04:18 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Originally Posted by sam430
That is super awesome! Are you planning to build the motor?

suggestion: before painting, do some fender roll, cut, stretch(pull)... you will need it.
No I'm not planning to build the motor. Only going to pull the engine so I can paint the engine bay since I'm doing a complete color change. With this setup I should be around 400whp and thats all I'm shooting for, so no need to build the engine. Also I will be doing all the fender mods necessary prior to painting. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
A Looooong time coming, but you came a loooong way since we first talked like what, 2 years ago ??

Too bad we didn't meet up at The Pursuit, but I expect you me and Vince to rep the SC GS crew next year.
Yes Glen it has been a loooong time coming. I've had this kit for over 5 years now!!!! Feels great to actually have it running finally. And it's actually been over 3 years since we first talked.

Also I will make it to the next pursuit no matter what (unless of course I have last minute car issues again). Next year I will have my entire car finished so all 3 of us can rep the SC GS's.
I'll try and make more shows next year so possibly other shows before the Pursuit?? Guess we'll see.
Old 10-28-11, 07:48 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't wait for the final results!
Old 10-28-11, 11:03 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
A Looooong time coming, but you came a loooong way since we first talked like what, 2 years ago ??

Too bad we didn't meet up at The Pursuit, but I expect you me and Vince to rep the SC GS crew next year.
hopefully i show up next year. i was so discouraged that i cant race only because i have air suspension... sigh :

hopefully i get some more work done on my car. Nothing drastic like Roberts or yours Glen but yea.

Btw so far my rebuilt supercharger (rebuilt by me of course) is holding up quite well. In case ever think about rebuilding the unit yourself. Gotta check to see if my BOV stopped the leak from the surging in the impeller area though.
Old 10-31-11, 01:00 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vwynn
hopefully i show up next year. i was so discouraged that i cant race only because i have air suspension... sigh :

hopefully i get some more work done on my car. Nothing drastic like Roberts or yours Glen but yea.

Btw so far my rebuilt supercharger (rebuilt by me of course) is holding up quite well. In case ever think about rebuilding the unit yourself. Gotta check to see if my BOV stopped the leak from the surging in the impeller area though.
Not sure if my unit needs to be rebuilt. But I will also attempt it myself whenever if ever I decide to do it. So did the bov stop the leak?
Old 10-31-11, 02:27 PM
chknlittle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love boost.....
Old 11-11-11, 09:44 AM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LALEX1, where in gods name did you find the supercharger? lmaoooo please do share im dying to BOOOST!
Old 11-11-11, 10:14 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neegroy
LALEX1, where in gods name did you find the supercharger? lmaoooo please do share im dying to BOOOST!
I have had this supercharger for almost 6 years now!!! it is an rmm kit that was custom retrofitted for a gs430. I am yet to see another one like it. I actually finally have my tuning appointment set for next Wednesday. I should be around 400whp. But I will be tuning on a dynodynamics (heartbreaker) which is one of the best dynos with which to tune a car, only problem is they read very low (hence the heartbreaker) but maybe after its tuned I will run a dyno on a dynojet or mustang dyno (those are known to show up to 20% more power on paper. But I guess what really matters is the way she drives so I will provide more updates this coming week.

Last edited by LALEX1; 11-11-11 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-11-11, 10:23 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LALEX1
Not sure if my unit needs to be rebuilt. But I will also attempt it myself whenever if ever I decide to do it. So did the bov stop the leak?
i relieved a lot of it. I think i still gotta replace that seal again since i wasnt running it before n it was leaking a good amount..
Old 11-11-11, 10:42 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

btw obviously u dont need a rebuild if u dont need one lol...

my case i found that one of my high speed bearings for the impeller output shaft has a crack on the middle sleeve that holds the bearings centered.. eventually that would have broken and cause the bearings to go real bad.
Old 11-11-11, 11:23 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

i relieved a lot of it. I think i still gotta replace that seal again since i wasnt running it before n it was leaking a good amount..
btw obviously u dont need a rebuild if u dont need one lol...

my case i found that one of my high speed bearings for the impeller output shaft has a crack on the middle sleeve that holds the bearings centered.. eventually that would have broken and cause the bearings to go real bad.
Ah I see. I'll hit you up midweek as I should be in orange county getting my car tuned. I would like to drive/ride in both cars back to back just to compare.
Old 11-11-11, 11:27 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

for sure just let me know. ill be here wednesday and friday. after 5 pm we can meet up.
Old 11-21-11, 05:01 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default updates

So I got my car tuned but there was a boost leak so I had to cancel the tune midway (as I was getting charged by the hour). Well went home tightened all of the couplings on the piping and removed a vacuum hose that was going from the throttle body to the air filter. It was just robbing boost. So now car is running great. Though I still need a proper tune. But I have no cel lights and car is pulling stronger than ever.
I made a video earlier, but it's kind of hard to get good runs in with all the traffic where I live and all while holding my blackberry to record it, that plus massive wheel spin and looking out for cops is a big no no.
But here is a video 0-60

I had wheelspin right away so I had to let off the gas to grip. Also I didn't power brake at all. just stepped on the gas. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i went over the video on my video editing program and the speedo starts to move at 1.65 seconds, and i hit 60 at 6.49 seconds = 4.84 0-60
Maybe someone else can double check that for me. Either way its a fast 0-60 for having had so much wheel spin and letting of the gas in between shifts. Here ya go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eki6Fg5Cnv4
Old 11-21-11, 05:02 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Default updates

oops double post
Old 11-21-11, 05:39 PM
seivonecsu
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

thumbs up!!!! i would love to supercharge my gs!!!!!

Quick Reply: My GS430 build....Supercharged!!!