Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 02:53 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography

Ok well since the build is about to get underway I thought I would start an official progress thread to keep you updated and get valuable input. This is the last major overhaul of my car I swear.

Thought I would start with a look back at where my car was when I joined Club Lexus. As I browsed the old threads today I saw many of the same names from day one. The people and cars on CL have truly been an inspiration to me and I would like to thank you all. Ok so enough of that on with the "Auto"biography and current mod plans.

In 2004 I arrived on the CL scene with little knowledge about the cars and even less knowledge about how to mod it.

I was cruising Daytona Beach when I got this pic.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-07_08.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 02:54 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I decided to add some lambo doors even though the concensus on CL was not to do it. LOL
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-lambolexpic1.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-lambolexpic2.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-mylambolex2.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 02:58 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I had caught the mod bug and began to ask questions about other mods. The next thing I knew I was planning a full overhaul but still did not know what was best for the GS. I hooked up with a shop called Creative Customs in VA and we decided to make it a show car.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-newpaint02.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-newpaint05.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-newpaint03.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 03:02 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Several thousand dollars and a long list of mods later this is what I ended up with. The CL community was kind though it still had a long way to go. I immediately started winning at local shows though and I was hooked.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-lex02.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-sideview.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-lex01.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 03:05 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

A year or so later the cries from the CL community for me to get new wheels became so loud that I could hear them in my sleep. Something had to be done. So I did this...
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-203-2.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-203.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-203-3.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-after2.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-after3.jpg  

Old 10-21-09, 03:08 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the wheels..........
Old 10-21-09, 03:11 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

With the cries for new rims subsided I got serious about showing and made a second appearance at an HIN show. I did not win anything but I did meet Big C from Street Fury who invited me to a video shoot and even put my car on the show. Some of you saw him "ghost ride the whip" and jump out of my car as it rolled down the street.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-big-c.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 03:16 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I took a transfer to Birmingham Alabama which was good for me but bad for the Lexus. I had just come in contact with NELOC and was having a great time with other CL members. A few months after bringing the car to Alabama I was recruited by ELITE which opened another chapter in the evolution of my car. A super charger and air ride were my next major mods and that is pretty much where I am today.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-sf4.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-sf3.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-adw.sized.jpe  
Old 10-21-09, 03:19 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

But its time to write the next chapter..... so here we go

I picked up a few sponsors along the way to help me out..

Diesel Audio

I am redoing my entire audio/video system
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-afc-20neo.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dhc2000_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-diesel-20audio-20013_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-diesel-20audio-20005_small.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 03:21 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I went back and forth between Aimgain and Vertex and in the end I went with Vertex. A little more sporty and a nice gap for the intercooler..
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-body-20kit1_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-vertex1_small.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 03:26 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I love my Rays Lexion Type 203 wheels but after 4 years on the car they are starting to show signs of age. Scratches and curb rash have started to show. These came today from Asanti another surprise partial sponsorship... Falken tires will replace my Dunlops along with the new wheels...

More on this later. I am anxious to see what CL thinks of the new wheels. I will add updates and pics to this thread until the project is complete. Thank you for looking and for your advice and input.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-af-118-front.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-af-118-rear.jpg  
Old 10-21-09, 05:50 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice wheels.. Think those are the best set yet.. Looking forward to the progress pics.. Man i remember seeing those pics a few years ago.. This GS along with many others have come along way..
Old 10-21-09, 06:04 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New wheels look good man. Good luck with the new build.
Old 10-21-09, 06:32 PM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great post, I always enjoy seeing how cars progess and transform.

Your GS has come a long way and is looking good, the new wheels will look sexy.

Keep it up!
Old 10-21-09, 07:15 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice progress man and the changes are gonna be oh sooooo good! glad to see someone moving along with a build i've hit a brick wall. other priorities are kicking my butt. but i will get back to the car soon. very soon. i heard you were gonna be in atl this weekend?!?

Quick Reply: Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography