Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 2GS owner vehicles

Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-10, 11:47 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

So you want flush fitment with no tire stretching and minimal negative camber? The only thing you're doing is flaring the fenders and without anything else your wheels will still be sunken.
Old 08-20-10, 12:35 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrispy
So you want flush fitment with no tire stretching and minimal negative camber? The only thing you're doing is flaring the fenders and without anything else your wheels will still be sunken.
Hi Chrispy I want flush at drive height and tucked when slammed. When we were playing with the height a few days ago that is kinda how it seemed it would be. When we raised it and the wheels cambered out the fender and the rim were very close which I figured would be my drive height look. But when we air it out it has that look that you see in the pictures where it appears sunken in. But when I raise it of course that look goes away. I guess I should have taken pictures of it at different heights.
Old 08-20-10, 12:46 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To achieve "Tsuraichi" or "fender and rim as one" *japanese term for awesome flushness/vip look* You need to combine bodywork, stretching tires and camber. A bit of everything will make it perfect.

If you just toss on the widest tire possible, and then do fender work so it'll be flush at ride height, it's going to be sunken at your lowest setting. If you were to do the fender work with a 'suitable tire' that will be stretched a bit, yet still be very driveable, and have the tire on the rim already, and be doing the fender work at a parked height, You'd achieve the look you are going for. Tucked (not sunken in, like it is looking now) when slammed and flush or poking just a teeny bit when at your ride height. How much higher is your ride height compared to your parked height?
Old 08-20-10, 01:20 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Caoboy
To achieve "Tsuraichi" or "fender and rim as one" *japanese term for awesome flushness/vip look* You need to combine bodywork, stretching tires and camber. A bit of everything will make it perfect.

If you just toss on the widest tire possible, and then do fender work so it'll be flush at ride height, it's going to be sunken at your lowest setting. If you were to do the fender work with a 'suitable tire' that will be stretched a bit, yet still be very driveable, and have the tire on the rim already, and be doing the fender work at a parked height, You'd achieve the look you are going for. Tucked (not sunken in, like it is looking now) when slammed and flush or poking just a teeny bit when at your ride height. How much higher is your ride height compared to your parked height?
Good info Caoboy thanbks for the post. Well since I am on air my ride height is of course adjustable I was going to let it be dictated by what height the wheels and fender were flush. Ride at that height when I wanted to. Higher when I needed to and slammed at park height.
Old 08-21-10, 10:35 PM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

With everyone on your thread you should be safe. i see chrispy,bluelex,mr excutive, mr james vip man himself haha i need to say no further haha, the ride is def offical, wheels are def what i would go with i wanted those wheels for my next build. i might even redo my full GS im still debating. i just got it done it hasnt done its potential , I really hope you GS comes out sick. i know you must be impatient but trust me have patience dont rush anything like this.
Old 08-22-10, 01:16 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

is that what Tsuraichi is? hmm never new it had a name.

Old 08-22-10, 01:39 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what roof spoiler si taht? and tails? taht car is offical
Old 08-30-10, 05:16 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

I say on the rear stretching is part of achieving the look, even a light stretch , on my old old old set i had a 265/35/19 on the rear of my 10 and if it had been a 275/35/19 It wouldnt have cleared under the car , would have hit that inner upper lip and sat higher.

Clearance is everything homie.
Old 09-02-10, 04:58 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Got an update from the shop. How do you guys think it is looking so far? These are at a few different heights and of course the side skirts and rear are missing so you can see more tire than you will when it is done. It is still rough but you can get an idea where the body guy is going. Opinions/Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-p9020006_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-p9020001_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-p9020002_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-p9020003_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-p9020010_small.jpg  

Old 09-02-10, 07:46 PM
carbongs
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looking better mark
Old 09-02-10, 07:52 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looking much better.
Old 09-02-10, 09:39 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Third picture from the last...your driver side flare looks off. Like the flare should be 'touching' the rim at the highest point of the rim, but it looks like it 'meets' in towards the front. Just looking out for you, I'd just check it and make sure before they shoot the paint! Other than that they don't look bad at all.
Old 09-03-10, 05:25 AM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Third picture from the last...your driver side flare looks off. Like the flare should be 'touching' the rim at the highest point of the rim, but it looks like it 'meets' in towards the front. Just looking out for you, I'd just check it and make sure before they shoot the paint! Other than that they don't look bad at all.
Yeah I noticed that as well. I figured he just wanted to get me some pics of the progress he did not say he was done. Plus he did a great job on the passenger side so I figure that he will make them match for sure. Thanks for looking out for me guys. It is encouraging to hear that you think its looking better than before.
Old 09-15-10, 08:19 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

Ok went to check out the car today and the fender mods are done. The car is now ready for paint. I have to say that I am very happy with the way it turned out. The real question is does it qualify as a VIP style fitment and look? The car will immediately go into the booth and should be done within a few weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3390_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3407_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3419_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3438_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3445_small.jpg  

Old 09-15-10, 08:24 PM
Automan
Lexus Test Driver

I like this one ya think the wheels make a difference?
Attached Thumbnails Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3465_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3396_small.jpg   Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography-dscn3433_small.jpg  

Quick Reply: Automan's New Build / "Auto"biography