Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-17, 12:22 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'

After over a decade of getting partial Xpel paint protection and detailing (semi-regularly, as my free time seems to evaporate) with Zaino (and some Griot's) products, we've taken it a bit further with this truck.

First, we wrapped the entire front, also including the rear hatch, part of the roof, rocker panels, etc.

Second (and touching on that lack of time theme), I finally decided to venture into the world of ceramic coatings.

Feynlab isn't one of the names we hear the most about, but they have been around a while, and based on my conversations with the awesome detail shop that did the work and on some research, I was sold.

I love the results, and now, we shall see how it holds up!
Attached Thumbnails Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'-photo379.jpg   Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'-photo833.jpg   Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'-photo688.jpg   Feynlab Self-Healing Ceramic Nano-Coating - 2017 LX 570'-photo129.jpg  
Old 07-18-17, 12:38 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts

Wow, that's a great shine and reflection...looks like they did an excellent job.
Old 07-19-17, 06:11 PM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by FastFord
Wow, that's a great shine and reflection...looks like they did an excellent job.
Thanks! Very pleased thus far.
Old 07-20-17, 07:23 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Feynlab is a local company here in the Chicago suburbs. Very nice guys. We have had them come out to our work several times and we've been in the process of testing a number of their coatings this past year or so, including their self-healing coating. They are very knowledgeable about coatings and they actually manufacture their own product as well as making formulas for other companies so you're getting an original product, not something that's just relabeled. That's always a good thing because you can always contact them in case anything comes up (application questions, maintenance, do's and dont's, etc.) and get a real answer from the people who created the coating, not just a sales rep that has a script about a product they are selling. That is very nice to see in this day and age where there are so many start up companies in the detailing scene just chasing some money with no background or first hand experience with any sort of real detailing.

Can't say enough good things about these guys.
Old 07-20-17, 08:15 PM
k20trick
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 57 Posts

Great job! I hate wraps, but that car doesn't look to be wrapped at all.
Old 07-21-17, 06:32 AM
btanchors
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My son bought a 2017 Tundra and had Ceramic Pro applied to his finish. Not being familiar with these finishes, I told him he was wasting his money, and that regular washing, waxing, and occasional clay-bar is a lot cheaper and will look just as good if not better. My comments did not deter him from getting the coating, however.

I went with him to pick up his Tundra, and was shocked at how good it looked, and felt - much smoother and more like glass than any detailing I have ever done - even after washing and waxing. To be fair, I suspect the shine and smoothness has more to do with the prep work (Paint Correction, as the detailer called it) than with the coating itself.

Nevertheless, I made an appointment to have my new 2017 Lexus GS 350 done. Estimate is in the $1200 - $1400 range, including the paint correction work. I still think that's an awful lot of money, and to me, the jury is still out in my mind as to the long-term durability of this coating. But the fact is my son's truck looked and felt better than anything I could have done to it.
Old 07-22-17, 11:07 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Feynlab is a local company here in the Chicago suburbs. Very nice guys. We have had them come out to our work several times and we've been in the process of testing a number of their coatings this past year or so, including their self-healing coating. They are very knowledgeable about coatings and they actually manufacture their own product as well as making formulas for other companies so you're getting an original product, not something that's just relabeled. That's always a good thing because you can always contact them in case anything comes up (application questions, maintenance, do's and dont's, etc.) and get a real answer from the people who created the coating, not just a sales rep that has a script about a product they are selling. That is very nice to see in this day and age where there are so many start up companies in the detailing scene just chasing some money with no background or first hand experience with any sort of real detailing.

Can't say enough good things about these guys.
This is great, thank you! My detailer had actually told me a bit of their story, and it really sealed the deal to go with Feynlab instead of Opticoat, which at this point I truly believe is overpriced (and perhaps overhyped).
Old 07-22-17, 11:09 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by btanchors
My son bought a 2017 Tundra and had Ceramic Pro applied to his finish. Not being familiar with these finishes, I told him he was wasting his money, and that regular washing, waxing, and occasional clay-bar is a lot cheaper and will look just as good if not better. My comments did not deter him from getting the coating, however.

I went with him to pick up his Tundra, and was shocked at how good it looked, and felt - much smoother and more like glass than any detailing I have ever done - even after washing and waxing. To be fair, I suspect the shine and smoothness has more to do with the prep work (Paint Correction, as the detailer called it) than with the coating itself.

Nevertheless, I made an appointment to have my new 2017 Lexus GS 350 done. Estimate is in the $1200 - $1400 range, including the paint correction work. I still think that's an awful lot of money, and to me, the jury is still out in my mind as to the long-term durability of this coating. But the fact is my son's truck looked and felt better than anything I could have done to it.
I hear you, and like you, I held out for a long time. By now, though, between research and anecdotal information, the evidence seemed to be very strong, so I went for it!

I look forward to seeing pics of your GS!
Old 07-14-18, 07:28 AM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey caha14, where and what's the name of the detail shop you used?
Old 07-14-18, 10:14 AM
caha14
Racer

Originally Posted by SnoopyBQ
hey caha14, where and what's the name of the detail shop you used?
It is Unique Car Care in Andover, MA.

Now, your timing is unbelievable! This thread is a year old, as you can see, but funny enough, I just picked up the truck yesterday from the same place, where I had a detail/re-coating done. As before, the results were amazing (and I took a couple photos which I'll post later).
The following users liked this post:
SnoopyBQ (07-15-18)
Old 07-15-18, 08:52 PM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by caha14
It is Unique Car Care in Andover, MA.

Now, your timing is unbelievable! This thread is a year old, as you can see, but funny enough, I just picked up the truck yesterday from the same place, where I had a detail/re-coating done. As before, the results were amazing (and I took a couple photos which I'll post later).
hahaha what timing!! I have family in Boston so i might stop by the next time i visit them. Thanks for the info!
Old 07-15-18, 08:54 PM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

oh and where are the pics??