Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

2010 IS-F - Detailed and Coated with CQuartz Finest

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-14, 10:13 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Default 2010 IS-F - Detailed and Coated with CQuartz Finest

Not many people share details of nice Lexus vehicles on here, so I just wanted to share a few pics of a write up I found online to hopefully inspire some members to get their own vehicles taken care of, or DIY if you are into detailing... I love the IS-F and it is always great to see one being properly detailed.

For those of you who are not familiar with the CQuartz Finest paint coating, be sure to visit www.CQFinest.com for more information and to find a certified installer in your area. This paint coating is truly a revolutionary product. It offers years of durable protection from UV rays and harmful environmental contaminates, while also providing ridiculous gloss, and ease of maintenance.

Before

Major Break Dust Build Up

Inspecting the condition of the paint

During

CarPro IronX is eating away all the breakdust that has been baked into the clear coat of these wheels.

This is a 50/50 shot after the first pass of Heavy Polishing. There was still deeper damage and haze so we spent more time perfecting the finish. We apparently forgot to take another 50/50 shot after more polishing, but you will see the end result in pictures later on this post.

After

Wheels look as good as new... coated inside and out with CQuartz Finest

The paint looked stunning.

Thanks to Wes at Elite Finish Detailing for letting me show off these pictures

-Zach
Old 06-10-14, 10:24 AM
WesEFD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely! I appreciate you sharing! This was a fun detail that took 2 full days right before Christmas!
Old 06-10-14, 11:42 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow... amazing work! Looks better than brand new in the final shots lol.

With this car's initial paint condition, i thought there might be some deep scratches that go through the clear and wouldn't be removed without touching up. Are there any area like that?

Also, how is this coat comparing with Opticoat? Detailed answer would be great. Which one would you recommend more and why?
Old 06-10-14, 12:57 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks good under the natural sunlight, would have been nice to see close up finished pics under the Halogen.
Old 06-10-14, 01:43 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wow the final pics look great. can't believe that was a layer of brake dust on the wheels.

job we'll done.
Old 06-10-14, 04:12 PM
WesEFD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Wow... amazing work! Looks better than brand new in the final shots lol.

With this car's initial paint condition, i thought there might be some deep scratches that go through the clear and wouldn't be removed without touching up. Are there any area like that?

Also, how is this coat comparing with Opticoat? Detailed answer would be great. Which one would you recommend more and why?
Thanks for the kind words. There are definitely a few areas I didn't feel comfortable fully removing every scratch. I would say this was a 95% Correction. But I am my worst critic. lol

OptiCoat is no doubt a great coating, so I don't want to talk down about it. The reality is we are in a special time where there are many coatings on the market that way out perform any wax or sealant available, so no matter what brand you choose, getting a paint coating is certainly your best choice in regards to long term shine and protection. We used to offer OptiCoat Pro and CQuartz Finest and ultimately found in long term testing that CQuartz UK and CQuartz Finest have done a better job overall at protecting the paint finish over the first couple years of being coated. The main difference that the average person would see between the two coatings would be that CQuartz FINEST or CQuartz UK for that matter will look glossier and look and act slicker. (i.e. stay cleaner longer and shed water faster) The CQuartz coatings are also easier to apply which on a black car can make a huge difference. Many OptiCoat installers complain about polishing a black car to perfection and then scratching the surface during the application process of OptiCoat. This leads me to another point. Make sure you really do your research on the detailer you are hiring to apply a coating to your car. OptiCoat and other companies will sign just about any detailer to their program because they just want to sell as many tubes or bottles of coating as they can. There are a couple of companies including CarPro, who manufactures CQuartz, who are extremely selective on who they allow become an installer. This really protects the consumer because you can feel confident that anywhere in the World where there is a Finest installer, they have been very carefully selected. I hope this info was helpful and didn't come off salesy. I'm just hoping to provide possibly a different way of looking at coatings as a whole. One last thing I want to add is that these Black Lexus Clear Coats are actually a tinted clear coat meaning they have a bit of black pigment in the clear and they are extremely fragile and easy to both scratch and also etch with bird poo and things of the like. Getting them coated is extremely valuable.
Old 06-10-14, 04:13 PM
WesEFD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmf2004
wow the final pics look great. can't believe that was a layer of brake dust on the wheels.

job we'll done.
Thank you!
Old 06-10-14, 04:51 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

WesEFD, I really appreciate your information. I have done some researches before putting the coating on. I wasn't aware of the products you mentioned at that time so I chose Opticoat and i did both cars.

Over several months now, I can wash and dry the car easily. The water just bead/sheet so nicely for months and still do that like the first day. Bird bombs never etch into the paint even baking under the sun for days. I never believe myself. I still remember I carry the quick detailer with me to wash off the bird bomb on a daily basis lol. That was actually my motivation to get the coating and bammmm with the coating, I can be so much more relaxed and not worrying about the stupid bombs etching into the car paint. I'm totally sold on the "chemical resistant" claim on the product.

Regarding the products you mentioned, how much will it cost for a professional application on a fairly well maintained car with minor swirl (only detectable under bright light)? How about a car with not so good paint condition that might require 2-3 layer compounding/polishing? How many years will the products last and is there any warranty on the product?

From your profile, you seem to be in CA. Where is your store? Do you have any recommendation for a pro installer at Southern CA location?
Old 06-10-14, 04:56 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

looks great! I gotta get me some c-quartz finest!
Old 06-10-14, 05:05 PM
jdm_altzza
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This is what i like seeing. I need to get this done on my car. Brembo pads produce alot of dust; soon i will replace them. What are you running on your F?
Old 06-10-14, 05:54 PM
WesEFD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 90mx83
Go check out CQFinest.com. There is an authorized installer map there and I know their are 2 installers on Long Island.
Old 06-11-14, 06:04 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Looks good under the natural sunlight, would have been nice to see close up finished pics under the Halogen.
Sorry, there may have been some after pics with the LED lights, but I did not feel like taking the time to copy the entire photo album to share and just picked a handful of before and afters

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Regarding the products you mentioned, how much will it cost for a professional application on a fairly well maintained car with minor swirl (only detectable under bright light)? How about a car with not so good paint condition that might require 2-3 layer compounding/polishing? How many years will the products last and is there any warranty on the product?

From your profile, you seem to be in CA. Where is your store? Do you have any recommendation for a pro installer at Southern CA location?
You will find that install prices vary depending mostly on your local market, and also depending some on the detailer. CQuartz Finest is certainly a premium product that demands a lot of work for prep and will therefore also require a premium price, but from my experiences, there is just nothing better in terms of appearance and protection.

As far as a warranty, CQuartz Finest is backed by a 2 year warranty. That does not mean this product will "stop working" after 2 years... with proper maintenance, this coating will perform for an extended amount of time. With that being said, it is recommended to have your vehicle detailed on a 2-3 year basis depending on how the vehicle is used to keep it looking perfect.

All the information you need is at www.cqfinest.com There is product information, photos, and a map of authorized installers.

Originally Posted by 90mx83
highly recommended

Originally Posted by jdm_altzza
This is what i like seeing. I need to get this done on my car. Brembo pads produce alot of dust; soon i will replace them. What are you running on your F?
^This car does not belong to me, I was simply sharing the photos of the detail as I was very impressed with the work and think more people need to see this to realize their vehicles are in need of some work from a true professional
Old 06-11-14, 07:49 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing detail job - car looks great!