GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

2013 isf to 2016 gsf

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-17, 06:50 AM
anAgent
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2013 isf to 2016 gsf

Of course this is a subjective question, but would you upgrade from a 2013 ISF to a 2016 GSF if the deal was right? I thought about going the other way to an RCF, but... I might be to get one lower than the RCF. I don't care if it's a two or four door, I just really like the upgrades...

Has anyone else made this jump? Any regrets?

Thanks!
Old 03-04-17, 04:06 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

What is there to regret? New everything for the better.

I dont think you can get an equal year GSF cheaper than RCF as the GSF sticker much higher. Unless you get it used, but same concept applies
Old 03-04-17, 05:56 PM
JDM-V8FL
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Went from a 2010 Isf to a GSF and I don't regret it at all!! Love the new technology and it's way more comfortable in my opinion

andy
Old 03-05-17, 12:11 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
What is there to regret? New everything for the better.

I dont think you can get an equal year GSF cheaper than RCF as the GSF sticker much higher. Unless you get it used, but same concept applies
Very True!
Old 03-05-17, 12:13 PM
anAgent
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JDM-V8FL
Went from a 2010 Isf to a GSF and I don't regret it at all!! Love the new technology and it's way more comfortable in my opinion

andy
Thanks, I pulled the trigger and upgraded. They gave my (or made me believe) they gave me a great deal! I pick it up on Tuesday.
Old 03-05-17, 01:17 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by anAgent
Thanks, I pulled the trigger and upgraded. They gave my (or made me believe) they gave me a great deal! I pick it up on Tuesday.
post some pictures! What deal did they seal the deal with
Old 03-06-17, 10:03 AM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

You will not be disappointed.
Old 03-06-17, 11:30 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I considered all 3 before going with the GSF. Here's what I learned asking people about these on these forums... It's all subjective like you said, of course:

It seemed like all the IS guys think the IS is the best thing since sliced bread and that RCF and GSF weren't worth upgrading to.
It seems like all the RCF guys seem overprotective of what all the automotive journalists think of the RCF, considering most reviews were negative.
There's only a handful of people who have GSFs, but love them as dailys, most automotive journalist reviews were positive if you don't look at it as Lexus' answer to a M5, RS7. Beware of the infotainment system that nobody likes (i'm a nobody)

Then I went and test drove them. ISF was too small (As a driver, I felt like I was sitting in a econobox), RCF was too small (As a driver, the space was fine, but I need more room for passengers). Then I drove the GSF, which I didn't love on my test drive (I think I didn't like the sticker price), but it's definitely grown on me after I spent some time to push all the buttons, try all the different modes. I prefer it over my 2013 Audi S6, which is quicker in a straight line, but less agile.
The following 2 users liked this post by danwlee:
jdmSW20 (03-08-17), Stormryu (03-06-17)
Old 03-06-17, 11:40 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by danwlee
It seemed like all the IS guys think the IS is the best thing since sliced bread and that RCF and GSF weren't worth upgrading to.
It seems like all the RCF guys seem overprotective of what all the automotive journalists think of the RCF, considering most reviews were negative.
There's only a handful of people who have GSFs, but love them as dailys, most automotive journalist reviews were positive if you don't look at it as Lexus' answer to a M5, RS7. Beware of the infotainment system that nobody likes (i'm a nobody)
This is sooo true!! haha
Old 03-07-17, 09:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

I have both. Still. I alternate driving them because the GS F is the wife's car and the IS F is my car.

I like my IS F more.

It's more violent than the GS F and I only have to hit one button to make me happy when I start it instead of two. The GS F rear wallows on fast turns where the IS F is stable. The OS Giken LSD is still (IMHO) superior to anything else I have driven.

The GS F infotainment is unquestionably better, and the instrumentation with HUD is beyond anything I could imagine in the IS F. But the fun factor isn't there.

Cramped? Econobox? Really? That's an obnoxiously arrogant statement. Drive my Supra and say that....first, you won't even see my tail lights if I'm driving it. It sounds like you should have bought an Escalade. There is very little difference in driver space between the Supra, IS F, and GS F. I have them all in my garage. We can do an easy comparison any day here in Atlanta.

I like my IS F more.

If the GS F were lighter, more nimble, and felt like it was battling for traction every time I mashed the gas to engage the kickdown switch, I might feel differently, but it doesn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I like the GS F for what it is, but it isn't an IS F. It can't be.
The following 3 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
F Monster (03-09-17), jdmSW20 (03-08-17), redspencer (03-08-17)
Old 03-08-17, 04:19 AM
danwlee
Driver

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Cramped? Econobox? Really? That's an obnoxiously arrogant statement. Drive my Supra and say that....first, you won't even see my tail lights if I'm driving it. It sounds like you should have bought an Escalade. There is very little difference in driver space between the Supra, IS F, and GS F. I have them all in my garage. We can do an easy comparison any day here in Atlanta..
Calm yourself, I didn't step on your first-born (or did i?). I just wasn't feeling it in the ISF because it's too small for my personal and subjective taste, that's all.

P.S. Escalades are too big and i used to have a Supra... and YES it was cramped, but i was younger in my "i only like tiny coupes" phase.

Last edited by danwlee; 03-08-17 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-08-17, 03:50 PM
tq745
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
If the GS F were lighter, more nimble, and felt like it was battling for traction every time I mashed the gas to engage the kickdown switch, I might feel differently, but it doesn't do that. Don't get me wrong, I like the GS F for what it is, but it isn't an IS F. It can't be.
I might be missing the point here, but why would you want a car that's battling for traction when flooring the pedal?
Old 03-08-17, 04:05 PM
Stormryu
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tq745
I might be missing the point here, but why would you want a car that's battling for traction when flooring the pedal?
I think it has to do with people liking to really be able to handle their car and the power it puts out (why a lot of people do after market mods). It has to do with the feeling of being able to kick out the back if you want to and at times fighting (not to much) to get it back into line. I feel like this is the mentality (not saying this is necessarily him) but this more goes with the people who praise cars like the CTSV, M5, E63, etc, at first purely from the HP/TQ numbers they see (then the other amenities). Sense of potential speed and power, excitement. I love a car with power and ability (but my favorite cars never tend to lead the pack in HP/TQ. E.g: GS F, 2017 Audi S6, 2017 M3, 2018 Audi RS5). I also appreciate cars that are under powered (when compared to others in its segment), that have a great driving feel and comfort. At the end of the day when it comes to cars (as well as other things in life), it's about the return value you're getting when investing your money (none of these cars are cheap). Just so happens that everyone's desired return on investment, there are different thresholds.

E.g, a successful first date for some might just be a kiss goodnight. For others, might be some wild sex .

That's just my guess anyways. Everyone should just do what makes them happy. Almost everything in life is subjective, so what might be fast for me is slow for someone else, etc. We all have our personal likes/dislikes.

Last edited by Stormryu; 03-08-17 at 04:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
danwlee (03-08-17)
Old 03-08-17, 05:25 PM
danwlee
Driver

Talking

Originally Posted by Stormryu
Everyone should just do what makes them happy. Almost everything in life is subjective, so what might be fast for me is slow for someone else, etc. We all have our personal likes/dislikes.

You mean... I can decide for myself what car is the right size for me?!
The following users liked this post:
gsfshark (06-16-19)
Old 03-09-17, 01:20 PM
mr2dave
Intermediate

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts

The ISF, RCF and GSF are three different handling cars in many facets and that is what makes them all really fun cars. Three different cars will bring three different customer opinions and we are all entitled to them.

Quick Reply: 2013 isf to 2016 gsf