Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Paint Protection film and chemicals

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-13, 08:27 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Paint Protection film and chemicals

I need help on choosing which products to use so I’m hoping some of you can help.

I was looking for a product to use on my paint protection film (Xpel Ultimate AND 3M) as well as the rest of the car to remove bugs, bird poop etc in between getting a full wash. (Mostly to protect my film) I was looking at Adam’s Waterless Wash. Will this harm my Xpel/3M? Should I just use a detail spray? If so, which one?

Next up is the interior. In between getting a wash, I was looking at Adam’s Total Interior Detailer to use to remove those random marks that always appear on black leather. Can I use this on the dash, wood, seats, plastic, metal etc.? (Where can’t I use it?) I just want something to “wipe down” the interior surfaces.

On a total different note, I had the windshield replace on my 04 ES and ever since it’s been a nightmare, I hardly ever drive it, however, there seems to be like a grim or a film that builds up. I tried cleaning it with Glass Plus and it seemed ok but over time it comes back. Could the glass be faulty? Could it be a seal? What product should I use on the glass to actually clean it?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-13, 12:33 PM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-03-13, 06:01 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i use optimum opti clean and optimum power clean for my interior. as far as the glass, try to get a razor blade with a long handle attachment and shave the glass, but do it at an angle with a moderate amount of invisible glass as a lube. clay it afterwards again with a moderate amount of invisible glass as a lube. wipe her all down ( use two glass MF towels)... 1 for wiping off the IG the other for buffing to a streak free shine. you can even apply a glass coating afterwards. Z posted a link of the procedure done by ? from AMMO/DRIVECLEAN, pretty informative.
Old 10-03-13, 10:36 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i use optimum opti clean and optimum power clean for my interior. as far as the glass, try to get a razor blade with a long handle attachment and shave the glass, but do it at an angle with a moderate amount of invisible glass as a lube. clay it afterwards again with a moderate amount of invisible glass as a lube. wipe her all down ( use two glass MF towels)... 1 for wiping off the IG the other for buffing to a streak free shine. you can even apply a glass coating afterwards. Z posted a link of the procedure done by ? from AMMO/DRIVECLEAN, pretty informative.
Thanks Syd. The optimum opti clean, can that be used all over, (leather, plastics, wood etc.?)
Old 10-03-13, 10:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I use Plexus on the PPF and it works great