Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Would Love **SAFE** product for inner barrel cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-10, 11:04 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Would Love **SAFE** product for inner barrel cleaning

Hey all Detailing kings-

Would you recommend to me anything other then soap and water for detailing the INNER barrels of my Work T1S? Soap and water treatment has all they have been getting since owning them-don't believe in products as I've seen to many horror stories ruining clearcoats and polished lips HOWEVER...I know despite me running a mitt over the inners each time I wash- I'm sure there is some caked on surface grime in there. Would you recommend maybe Dawn soap? And a special brush?

Anyway- you tell me. Let me know as I am going to attack this project before it gets to cold here in NY.

Thanks!!!
Old 09-21-10, 12:19 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

p21s or sonax and a ez detail brush.
Old 09-21-10, 07:33 AM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dawn soap will strip the protection on any surface on a vehicle. I recommend a product call P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner. It's been around for many years use in Europe for use on high end vehicles rims and it's also recomemmded by them to use. We carry these fines products for cleaning them without any damaged to them when using our Eimann Fabrik Lambs Wool Wheel Woolies or you can use the EZ-Detail Brush. For cleaning your wheel wells the best product I found is Amazing Roll-Off and Optimum Power Clean . Also these fine two products also can clean your tires too. Any questions you can call me at ProperAutoCare and I'll be happy to help you on your car care questions.
Old 09-21-10, 09:21 PM
Big Mack
Lexus Champion

Cool

While I agree that Dawn can strip protections like wax, sealants, and glazes, it's not going to harm the anodizing on the wheels. If it did, driving through a puddle with anything but pure ionized water would ruin the wheels and that doesn't happen.

That being said, the P21S wheel cleaner is good all around, and can be used on the face, too. If you need to do it now, you can use Dawn, Exclusiv, but getting a real wheel cleaner for future use is good. I'd also recommend getting a wheel sealant so that less grit and grime stick to the wheels once clean. Makes scrubbing them much easier - many times to the point where you don't have to.

Big Mack
Old 09-26-10, 10:28 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Big Mack
While I agree that Dawn can strip protections like wax, sealants, and glazes, it's not going to harm the anodizing on the wheels. If it did, driving through a puddle with anything but pure ionized water would ruin the wheels and that doesn't happen.

That being said, the P21S wheel cleaner is good all around, and can be used on the face, too. If you need to do it now, you can use Dawn, Exclusiv, but getting a real wheel cleaner for future use is good. I'd also recommend getting a wheel sealant so that less grit and grime stick to the wheels once clean. Makes scrubbing them much easier - many times to the point where you don't have to.

Big Mack
Any recommendations for a good wheel sealant or wax?

Thanks guys for your help thus far!
Old 09-26-10, 04:10 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Here some that will work for you: Blackfire Wet Diamond, Wheel Wax or Opti-Seal.