Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Decided on UDM -- Need help with pads and polishes/glazes.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 04:08 PM
Neofate
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Decided on UDM -- Need help with pads and polishes/glazes.

Hey guys -- You know I have a 94, LS 400 -- Champagne in color (silverish).

I've posted this on autopia, but because it has alot to do with what product selection I need, I figured Lexus owners could help out because you know what paint I am working with.

Thanks!

--

There is one on auto-geek for 129$, and one on autopia (refurb) for $99.

Here are the links:

(Autopia UDM)

Refurbished Car Polisher & Auto Buffer - The Ultimate Detailing Machine

(AutoGeek UDM)

The Ultimate Detailing Machine dual action polisher: Foam buffing pads: swirl removers; buffer

Price is cheaper on autopia, looks as if they both come with same accessories, backplate/tool/book/one pad? -- Either one going to be fine?

Ok on to pad selection:

I've read that you don't want one pad of any kind, because you don't want to have to clean while doing a full car. At least two so you can swap out mid way if you have to. Given this, I figure I need 2 pads of each type. -- So a kit of somesort makes the most sense monetarily.

Given that, I am not partial to any brand pad, just what works. So I am going to provide some links,.. you guys point me to the best 'kit' or selection so I can get plenty of pads for the best price please.

(Autopia Pad Page)

Car polish, swirl remover, scratch remover - Meguiars, Sonus, Ultimate

(Autogeek Pad area/general)

Car Buffers, Car Polishers, Rotary Polishers, polishing foam pads, buffing pads, wool pad, Porter Cable 7424, Makita, DeWalt, Cyclo buffer, bonnet,

Ok, finally I need Polishes and Glazes(s). Keep in mind I have wax, qiuck detailor, all interior products, all tire/rubber products/glass products and so on. I just need the products I will use with the UDM.

This is where I need the most help aside from find the right and enough pads for the right price.

Some some merneza? Some say a million other things. Here are some general links to Product areas on Autopia and Autogeek --

Point me to the best 'overall' kit or even multi links to individual product selection that will be all I need polish and glaze wise. (To be honest I don't really know what a glaze is used for .. but I'm sure I'll need it).

(Autopia Polishes)

Car polish, swirl remover, scratch remover - Meguiars, Sonus, Ultimate

(Autogeek Exterior Care main page (page that leads into polishes/glazes) )

Exterior Car Care: Follow the 3 steps of proper vehicle maintenance - Clean, Polish & Protect! car wax, polish, paint sealant, souveran, deep gloss,

I'm really trying here -- I want to order badly,.. but piecing it together without getting unnecessary products or missing products is something I'm working on.

So basically I need a good pad kit that won't leave me hanging mid way through a job without a spare - -and a good product selection (Only for the machine, I don't need other car care products, I have them).

Thanks so much. As soon as I get a full answer to figure this out I'll order and will be done asking these (what should I buy questions, I promise)
Old 03-15-08, 05:50 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should get the g110...its more powerful than the UDM and PC 7424 and i loveee the handle....

check out the comparison:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=21120

http://autodetailingsolutions.com/me...0-polisher.htm

Also for pads:

polishing : LC Orange and White Pads (recommend 2 of each to start out)
finishing : LC Grey and Blue Pads (Recommend 2 of each to start out)

Last edited by radicalrev; 03-15-08 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-15-08, 07:31 PM
The Detail Dude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the UDM, I can help you out! I'm willing to make you a great deal on my UDM combo kit! The results will be outstanding!

You will get the UDM, 4 of my Elite pads, Signature Detail Spray, Clay bar, Paint Prep Cleaner Polish, and my All in # Intense wax! Longevity, durability, and protection is a must with me, and I assume it is with you too!

Last edited by The Detail Dude; 03-15-08 at 07:35 PM.