Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Need pads for PC and m105/m205

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-09, 01:31 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need pads for PC and m105/m205

I will be purchasing a pc and these polishes but what pads do I need. Should I get these new hydrotech pads they have out?
Old 11-25-09, 04:45 PM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soupdawg
I will be purchasing a pc and these polishes but what pads do I need. Should I get these new hydrotech pads they have out?
Here is a very imformative link to help you choose which colors you will need for a given job and get you started in the right direction.
PADS EXPLAINED

IMO, you should pick up a couple Lake Country Hydrotech Pads to at least try them out. However, if your pretty new to the polisher and also my favorite selection of pads would be the FLAT Lake Country pads in 5.5" or 6.5" sizes. I most commonly use the Orange(Cutting Pad), White(Polishing Pad), Black(Glazing/Finessing Pad) and Gold(to apply my Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant). I would also recommend you get at least two orange and white pads to go around a full car.

Dont forget to pick up the right size backing plate for the size pads you will be using. You can shoot me a PM if you have any more questions! Hope this helps!

Last edited by Todd@ProperAutoCare; 11-25-09 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-25-09, 05:04 PM
Todd@ProperAutoCare
Former Sponsor

I was able to achieve this finish using only a random orbital polisher and the products mentioned above.

Old 11-25-09, 08:31 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree the M105 works great with the new Lake Country Hydro Tech Cyan Light Cutting and Polishing Pad. Follow up with the M205 and the Lake Country Hydro Tech Tangerine Ultra Fine Polishing Pad for optimal results. I use less polish with these pads and get better results! Let us know if you have any questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 11-25-09, 08:36 PM
Chris@GlimmerGlass
Lexus Test Driver

All you need is an orange light cut pad for the 105 and a white polishing pad for the 205. These were the pads recommended in the KB method for using this product. Additionally, every detail I've done w/ the 105/205 combo has been done using these pads.

And if you need all of it bundled up, check out this link here.
http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/mepocakit.html
Old 11-27-09, 01:32 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Here is a link to read up on the Kevin Brown Method with Lake Country Pads and also very helpful tips on using these fine products. This should answer your question. http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/mem1m2popr.html

Last edited by Angelo; 11-27-09 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-27-09, 01:42 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Who has used these new hydrotech pads? I have not heard of them until recently. Do they work well? Are they worth the price? I may have to try one. It would be nice to have something with a little more cut then a orange pad yet can finish down much better and eliminate most haze.
Old 11-27-09, 02:15 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

ProperAutoCare is proud to release the latest advancement in European foam technology in the Hydro-Tech Tangerine Ultra-Fine Polishing Pad, and their Hydro-Tech Cyan Advanced Cutting/Polishing Pad. This foam is non-reticulated, or closed-cell which means less product absorption, and less air flow through the pad. This makes these pads perfectly suited for use with water-based polishes because the products don't dry as fast allowing for longer working times.

The Hydro-Tech Cyan Advanced Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad is a moderate to aggressive polishing/cutting pad designed for moderate to severe defect removal while still finishing to a high-gloss, nearly mark-free finish.

The Hydro-Tech Cyan Advanced Cutting/Polishing Foam Pad is slightly less aggressive than the Lake Country Yellow Cutting Foam Pad, but still finishes as nice as the Orange Power Pad. If feels the gap perfectly between the those two pads. This pad is great for moderate to heavy cutting polishes.

The Hydro-Tech Tangerine Ultra-Fine Polishing Foam Pad is a moderately light polishing foam that will remove compounding marks and typical swirl marks will finishing to a hologram-free finish.

The Hydro-Tech Tangerine Ultra-Fine Polishing Foam Pad is slightly less aggressive than the Lake Country Orange Power Pad but more aggressive than the White Polishing Pad while producing a finish that is near equal to the Black Finessing Pad. These pads are designed for use with light to moderate cutting polishes.

These pads are 1-1/4" thick and have the same advanced properties as the Lake Country Flat Pads with the curved edge for easy panel transition and hook and loop backing to fit perfectly.
Old 11-27-09, 02:25 PM
Angelo
Lexus Test Driver

Also the Kevin Brown Method Kit is only one with his approved. It was designed with the help of polishing expert Kevin Brown with Todd Helme coined the name on these Kits. These are the only official Kevin Brown Kits, designed with the help of Kevin Brown, and are ideal for use with the Kevin Brown Method! We are sure that others will follow suite, perhaps down to the flat pads and the reasoning, but make no mistake, we did it first, and we worked hard to do it better.