Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to wash your car without getting swirl marks

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-07, 05:28 PM
benny20
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Always wash one panel at a time and rinse straight away, even with wash & wax especially ( Black) or simply use waterlass car system, which was invented in the states and now here, just spray and wipe for a showroom finish
in half the time :-)
Old 09-02-07, 09:09 AM
PPolisher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Baybarea
I would like to get a new paint job and was wondering how you fellow CL members wash your car without getting swirl marks? I know this is a big problem especially with black cars. Also, is there a quick fix to remove these swirl marks till I can save enough money for a paint job?
Swirls are going to happen and the best we can do is to change our procedure or techniques to keep them at a minimum.

I believe the majority of swirls are from the washing & drying process and the following link will take you to what I believe is the most informative DIY video on how to properly wash and dry your baby.

So grab a cold beverage, get relaxed as this video is 28 minutes of watching Mike Phillips - detailing guru at MOL [Meguiar’sOnLine] taking you through the process.

How to Wash Your Car (Show car style!)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...wcargarage.com

Sit back and enjoy watching somebody else that knows what they are doing washing and drying a car.

Enjoy your day,
Al
Old 09-03-07, 12:10 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PPolisher
How to Wash Your Car (Show car style!)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...wcargarage.com

Sit back and enjoy watching somebody else that knows what they are doing washing and drying a car.

Enjoy your day,
Al
Damn. I can't believe I watched the whole thing. Pretty informative. This guy is pretty right on. I'll have to check out the mitt and grit guard.