Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cleaning make-up and lipstick residue from interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-06, 11:48 AM
lexusman1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cleaning make-up and lipstick residue from interior

Hey guys do you have women who love to put make-up on in the car while on the way to some where. Well, I do and she is starting to destroy the interior of my black on black 2003 GS300 it a great car, but I recently found a tremendous amount of stains on my sun visors and on non leather materials inside the car such as the cloth material on the A pillar and overhead control panel area, the grab handels etc. The material in my car is light grey which is neutral but still can attract dirt easily. Can any body tell me any remedies, techniques or ways of cleaning the interior with out seriously harming the material. The stains consist of lipstick make-up, and some small spots of dirt. I can use all if any advice from women and men please help me.

Thank You to all that reply.
Old 06-19-06, 12:04 PM
ByThaBay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexusman1
Hey guys do you have women who love to put make-up on in the car while on the way to some where. Well, I do and she is starting to destroy the interior of my black on black 2003 GS300 it a great car, but I recently found a tremendous amount of stains on my sun visors and on non leather materials inside the car such as the cloth material on the A pillar and overhead control panel area, the grab handels etc. The material in my car is light grey which is neutral but still can attract dirt easily. Can any body tell me any remedies, techniques or ways of cleaning the interior with out seriously harming the material. The stains consist of lipstick make-up, and some small spots of dirt. I can use all if any advice from women and men please help me.

Thank You to all that reply.
I have just the thing for you... I recently had to clean some oily grime from my Infiniti G35's interior and I asked the detailing department at the infiniti dealer to clean it and I was amazed at how quickly and efficiently they cleaned it. They gave me a free bottle of the cleaner they used.. I don't have the bottle with me but I can post the descirption later when I have the bottle in hand again.
Old 06-19-06, 01:35 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm assuming you don't have cloth seats, but if you do I found the best thing for cleaning. WD40!! My gf's jetta had some chain grease get on her rear seat and after doing a little research we found that WD40 takes grease out. I was amazed. Just spray on, let soak a few seconds and wipe it good with a cloth. Repeat procedure until it comes out. Took me 4 sprays to get it out.
Old 06-29-06, 06:17 AM
sweet
Driver School Candidate

The tide stain remover pen works good for me. My wife drives a 07 RX350 and puts her make up on in the car too. I always wash it on Saturday and use cleaning wipes on the steering wheel and interior,followed by AmourAll wipes followed by leather cleaning wipes on the seats and the Tide pen on the carpet and visor. WOMEN!! You gotta love 'em!!!