Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Silver wax

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-04, 05:50 PM
Diesel11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Silver wax

I know this topic has been touched upon before so please don't get upset about my question. I have a 2004 millenium silver gs300 and would like to know if carnuba wax, synthetic wax or zaino is best with silver. I have a pc random orbital buffer which I have been using with Mother's carnba wax. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Fred
Old 05-12-04, 10:50 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Talking

Here's a vote for Zaino, and as you can see, my GS is MilSil. Only have to re-do every 6 months or so and it makes the paint look like liquid metal...............
Old 05-12-04, 12:03 PM
Diesel11
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default More questions

So you feel that zaino brings out the best shine even in silver cars? This is great, always wanted to try Zaino. Does everyone put zaino on by hand? This is my understanding.
Initially do I need to Zaino fairly often?

Thanks very much, Fred
Old 05-12-04, 07:20 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 100 Posts

For me, Zaino works the best. You can even email Sal directly from the website before you order & he will respond fast & outline exactly what you need, the website is great with details how to apply.

For that liquid, baby smooth feel, I would use Dawn first (use only once) rinse really well, then clay bar the car, take your time, this is not a rushing type job. You will reap the benifits. Follow the direction on the website. It's great stuff, easy to use Zaino products.
Old 05-13-04, 07:23 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

I have a new wax for light colored metallic cars that IMHO doesn't impart that plastic look and doesn't seem to attract all the dust that my Zaino did. It's NXT High Tech Wax from Meguiar's. It goes on and comes off very quickly and easily and leaves an extremely glossy shine that seems deeper than my Zaino.
No mixing, no multiple product layers, just a single application of this polymer based product brings my RX330's finish to life. I just cut my application time in half. In fact it's so easy and quick I find myself using it more frequently. Anyone else tried this product? My Zaino is on the shelf for now.

Only wish it was sunny when this pic was taken. You can't really see the depth of the shine in this photo.