CA rmm supercharger kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-10, 08:53 AM
RUSSOM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Considering the mileage on mine, and still the exc. cond. of the car. I hope some more of these get out there so the path is paved when mine finally gives up.

LS engines are EXTREMELY compact
lightweight
everything under the sun is avail. for them, and new parts hit the market daily
compared with most anything, except for gen 1 sbc, they are CHEAP
very abundant, anything that is a GM V8 gas engine these days is of LS architecture.

LET'S SEE SOME BUILDS!!
Old 06-06-10, 07:40 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RUSSOM
Considering the mileage on mine, and still the exc. cond. of the car. I hope some more of these get out there so the path is paved when mine finally gives up.

lightweight
very abundant, anything that is a GM V8 gas engine these days is of LS architecture.

LET'S SEE SOME BUILDS!!
i plan on it if i can get this sold sometime soon....
Old 06-06-10, 07:44 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
the trick is to not tell her anything that your doing or how much it costs. Ive learned that over the years!!
she's caught on and just checks the credit card statements. but if i hide it i can usually stretch the ***** session a couple of days or until she checks the statement's...lol
Old 06-06-10, 07:54 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Yes, but unless you plan on doing a forged bottom end to lower comp. ratio on the LQ9 it won't handle as much boost as the 4. If you're not going to boost it, save about 65 lbs off the nose, and do an alum. block. If you're planning on adding boost very simply the 4s can make 650 rwhp without pulling a valve cover.

Since you're starting your research and poking around in the engine bay some, see if flipping some stock manifolds would work on these cars to put the turbo up front like a lot of the Camaro guys do.
-durable cast manifolds that still flow well
-short hot and cold side plumbing
-saves A LOT of $$ vs. building tube headers

I'll be following this one!

Robert
your right on the lq4 but i dont want to go turbos i just want a beast thats all motor less things to try to custom fit. and i have been looking at the ls1 and doing a stroker kit to 427ci that should make for a nice street motor and would be better for handling the corners since it does weight less.. still researching my options will post once i have it all and am doing it. i am looking for some IS300 brake pedal and clutch pedal assembly so i can at least start that part seeing thats the hardest part. i will take pics of the installation of them once i get some...
Old 06-07-10, 06:59 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

theres a shop that sells the sc300 pedals, master cylinder, and all of the miscellaneous toyota parts that are needed for the swap as a kit. Pretty goodpricing on it too. Search out my user name on the FS section, I think I had posted a link to them when I sold my extra set. Im too lazy to search it this morning.

My 6 spd swap is almost done, and according to my shop, you are right, the pedals are the hardest part in the GS. Not much room to work with, but mine are in and look factory.
Old 06-08-10, 03:24 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

theres a shop that sells the sc300 pedals, master cylinder, and all of the miscellaneous toyota parts that are needed for the swap as a kit. Pretty goodpricing on it too. Search out my user name on the FS section, I think I had posted a link to them when I sold my extra set. Im too lazy to search it this morning.

My 6 spd swap is almost done, and according to my shop, you are right, the pedals are the hardest part in the GS. Not much room to work with, but mine are in and look factory.
started removing the dash today and its a real pain in the *** you have to remove the steering wheel to get it out and alot of other little crap and yes i have seen that set up but its a little pricey i can get some is pedals for cheap and there able to bend if i need to. i talked to cleans14 about it plus they just look nice. need to get some this week so i can put them in this weekend...
Old 06-08-10, 03:36 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, the guy working on my car did end up bending the clutch pedal over some to give space between the pedals. He didnt take the dash out to install the pedals, he just crawled up under that ***** and put them in.
Old 06-08-10, 08:25 PM
importhope
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump, for what is sounding like it's going to be a beast when finished. Good luck.
Old 06-11-10, 09:32 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Yeah, the guy working on my car did end up bending the clutch pedal over some to give space between the pedals. He didnt take the dash out to install the pedals, he just crawled up under that ***** and put them in.
he must of really been cussing doing it that way...lol i took the dash out to make it easier to work and i need to cover the dash to match the new interior anyways. ill take pics once i get some pedals for future people doing this mod...
Old 06-13-10, 05:03 PM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

lightweight

LET'S SEE SOME BUILDS!!
what are you comparing to? Lsx stuff is the most expensive domestic product, very nice but not the cheapest. You can build some serious SBC stuff too, 11 degree heads, or SBC2. Its extremly expensive but you can make 800rwhp with a small block thats pushrod is pretty impressive.
Old 06-14-10, 07:52 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

STARTING TO LOOK AS IF I AM GOING TO JUST PUT IN A MANUEL 5 SPEED R-154 IN GOING TO LOOK AT A TRANSMISSION TOMORROW IF ITS GOOD ILL BE TAKING THIS DOWN SINCE NO ONE WAS INTERESTED. will post tomorrow the results
Old 06-17-10, 05:13 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tom, look into a Boost Logic tranny for 2k...same quality parts they use for their 9 sec supras.
Old 06-21-10, 10:08 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedaddic
Tom, look into a Boost Logic tranny for 2k...same quality parts they use for their 9 sec supras.
i like the manuel better for handling anyways going with a t-56 cant find a r-154 then if i want to later i can swap the motor too. mods please close this i am not selling the supercharger anymore at this time...