L-tuned springs/shocks for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-03, 08:54 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts
Default *** F/S - L-tuned springs/shocks for sale ***

L-tuned Springs/shocks for SALE

I don't have pics of these yet as they are still on the car. I just ordered (finally) the Tein Flex coilovers for my car from Steve Ganz at a price I could not turn down (what would I do without Steve??? ) and will probably have them installed the week after next. (yes, even though the car is in storage for the winter, I still have insurance on it solely for one purpose - to drive it to and from from my mechanic's workshop whenever I need mods put on it - which seems to be a never ending process as we all know. I just pick days when there is no salt and snow on the roads before I drive it down).

Anyway, the L-tuned springs/shocks have been on my car for about 8 - 9 months. Very little mileage in those 8 months and they are in perfect working condition. I keep my car very clean and wash the springs/shocks whenever I wash the car (at least once a week). I drive carefully and these shocks/springs have NOT been abused at all.

I will post up pics once I have them off the car.

The first US$300.00 plus shipping takes it. Brand new they are ~US$500.00. I don't know what the install price would cost you as mine were installed by a relative and I did not pay any installation cost.

For new members not very familiar with this suspension setup, the springs are actually H&R springs and the shocks are KYB. The drop all around is about 1.5 inches.

Here is a shot of the car with the L-tuned suspension.

Please keep in mind they are still on the car and hopefully will be off in about 2 - 3 weeks!

Last edited by Hameed; 11-27-03 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-27-03, 10:02 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

pm'd u .....

-A-
Old 11-27-03, 10:08 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the Flex Hameed. I don't think you'll have any problems selling these.
Old 11-27-03, 08:09 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hameed, I see you took the plunge into TEIN land. You wont regret it. They require a bit more maintance. You will be a very happy camper. You should keep the L-tuned just incase the wife thinks its too stiff. Keep in mind these do settle over time. Good luck
Old 11-28-03, 04:10 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Neo
Congrats on the Flex Hameed. I don't think you'll have any problems selling these.
Thanks Neo! I got about 8 PM's in about 2 hours regarding them!

Originally posted by DrewGS4
Hameed, I see you took the plunge into TEIN land. You wont regret it. They require a bit more maintance. You will be a very happy camper. You should keep the L-tuned just incase the wife thinks its too stiff. Keep in mind these do settle over time. Good luck
Thanks for the confirmation of my thoughts!!
My wife will be fine with the stiffness. I don't have the space in my garage for another set of shocks/springs. I still have the OEM shocks/springs, front LCB, stock mufflers, engine cover, stock side skirts gathering dust in my garage!

Please elaborate some more on what kind of maintenance the Tein's require.......... That concerns me as I am not very DIY friendly and I would not want to take it back the mechanic on a regular basis just to maintain them .

When you mentioned this "Keep in mind these do settle over time" - which setup were your referring to? The L-tuned setup or the the Tein Flex? Please clarify.

Last edited by Hameed; 11-28-03 at 04:12 AM.
Old 11-28-03, 07:04 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Hameed,
The tein flex settle over time. Even at the softest setting when brand spanking new, they will seem stiffer than your l-tuned. Give it some time to settle and get softer. Also, they settle get "lower" about .3 inches as well all the way around. Keep that in mind when you install these. So if you want a 1inch gap all the way around from your tires to the top of you fender wall, remember that they will eventually sink about .3 inches so go about 1.3 inches from the start.

As for maintence, here is my experience on them so far and my earlier thread on the topic.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=tein+service

you might want to bump the thread again to shed more light on this topic again.
Old 11-28-03, 07:36 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

The tein flex settle over time. Even at the softest setting when brand spanking new, they will seem stiffer than your l-tuned. Give it some time to settle and get softer. Also, they settle get "lower" about .3 inches as well all the way around. Keep that in mind when you install these. So if you want a 1inch gap all the way around from your tires to the top of you fender wall, remember that they will eventually sink about .3 inches so go about 1.3 inches from the start.

As for maintence, here is my experience on them so far and my earlier thread on the topic.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=tein+service

you might want to bump the thread again to shed more light on this topic again.
Thanks Drew!
What "softness" setting do you have yours on?
How easy is it to adjust the height? Can I do that easily myself or does it require a visit to my mechanic - hoist etc?
And finally, what is the gap (between tire and fender) you set yours to?

Last edited by Hameed; 11-28-03 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-28-03, 08:25 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I have a 1 inch gap in the front and .5 inch gap in the rears.
If you have jack stands than you can adjust the coils yourself. Its a lot of work for me to do than on my own. I just go to my mechanic who does my oil changes and have him check or adjust the shocks since he works on a lot of import cars and install these coil setups in his sleep.

As for stiffness, I have gone very stiff (2 clicks from stiffest setting up front and 4 clicks from stiffest settingin the rear) I did this because of our bear mountain meet this past summer where we pushed the cars in some serious turns. Since than, I never really turned them down. I have put maybe 2k miles total all summer long since our last meet.

After winter, I am going to raise the car about 1 inch everywhere and go to softer settings. I will be getting new bridgestone S-03. I want a more balance and bit more softer ride than my current setup.
My wife and I are planning on a family so the cars need to be softer and not so stiff.
My FX rides like my GS currently. There is nothing I can do or adjust on this car. I plan on trading in my TL for the Sienna AWD hybrid coming out as a 2005 model. So I will be covered, sport sedan, SUV, and minivan.
Also, SUV is already starting to get modified. New Plenum upgrade for FX, stillen intake, etc.
They say the new hybrid sienna is going to offer V-8 perfomance with 4cyl gas mileage. Will get a better glimpse into the rx hybrid coming out later in 2004.
Old 11-28-03, 08:39 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I have a 1 inch gap in the front and .5 inch gap in the rears.
If you have jack stands than you can adjust the coils yourself. Its a lot of work for me to do than on my own. I just go to my mechanic who does my oil changes and have him check or adjust the shocks since he works on a lot of import cars and install these coil setups in his sleep.
Any particular reason why you did not go 0.5 inches front and back?
As for stiffness, I have gone very stiff (2 clicks from stiffest setting up front and 4 clicks from stiffest settingin the rear) I did this because of our bear mountain meet this past summer where we pushed the cars in some serious turns. Since than, I never really turned them down. I have put maybe 2k miles total all summer long since our last meet.
Why did you set it stiffer in front? Is it because of the front weight bias in our cars 53/47 ?
After winter, I am going to raise the car about 1 inch everywhere and go to softer settings. I will be getting new bridgestone S-03. I want a more balance and bit more softer ride than my current setup.
My wife and I are planning on a family so the cars need to be softer and not so stiff.
My FX rides like my GS currently. There is nothing I can do or adjust on this car. I plan on trading in my TL for the Sienna AWD hybrid coming out as a 2005 model. So I will be covered, sport sedan, SUV, and minivan.
What softer setting will you go to? Somewhere in the middle? Lucky you - you have so many cool cars!
Also, SUV is already starting to get modified. New Plenum upgrade for FX, stillen intake, etc.
They say the new hybrid sienna is going to offer V-8 perfomance with 4cyl gas mileage. Will get a better glimpse into the rx hybrid coming out later in 2004.
This hybrid technology seems too good to be true! I can't wait to see it when it finally comes out.
Old 11-28-03, 02:47 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Hameed,
Most of this is just experimenting and adjusting to what works best for you.
But to answer your questions:

Any particular reason why you did not go 0.5 inches front and back?

I am about 1 inch gap in front and .5 inch gap in the rear. No major reason, but mainly for looks and handeling. The lower you go the bettter handeling. You are "theortically" bringing the center of mass lower and lower to the ground which makes for better handeling.

Why did you set it stiffer in front? Is it because of the front weight bias in our cars 53/47 ?

I experimented here a bit. Initially I had softer up front, thinking that when hitting bumps it would be softer. That works great but for me the balance of the car was off.
I ride with no spare tire, no trunk mats, no tools or anything in the rear. My rear is very very light. Most of the weight is up front. I wanted my front struts to be tuned a bit higher than the rear because of the extra weight of the engine. The rear i have a bit softer because, it handles the bumps a bit more and does not hop around a lot. I have rear spacers, so the car has to be a little soft when cornering hard so it doesnt skip and jump out from underneath you. I also have the TOMS 6 piece links which removes all the lateral play in rear axles of the rims. The links already make everything very tight in the back. I need to counteract the effect and have the rears tuned to be a little softer.
Also, for me too soft in the front meant the car was dipping and sinking up front when braking hard.
This you need to experiment with as their is no right or wrong....just my experinces.

What softer setting will you go to? Somewhere in the middle? Lucky you - you have so many cool cars!
I will be riding very soft. Probably softest setting in the rear and maybe 3 clicks from the softest setting in the front. I will know for sure and ajdust according based on how my new tires feel and how the car behaves when raised another inch. Thanks for the comment on cars. Im always finding out new things. Just the other day I found out my benz has fog lights. Also the vaninty mirros have a "extra magnifying mirror in the back, just slide over and its a 5x magnification.

Last edited by DrewGS4; 11-28-03 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-30-03, 07:06 AM
video2010
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are these still for sale?
Old 11-30-03, 07:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I have had about 10 PM's for these, and I am waiting on the first person to finalize their decision before I can update this thread to indicate if they are sold or not.

If the first person does not take them, I will respond to the second person who contacted me via PM and so on.
Old 11-30-03, 08:17 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default hameed "washing shocks & springs"

hameed, i have never heard of anyone washing their springs or for that matter their shocks. can you tell me how you do this? do you put the car on a lift? i just don't understand the process. it does not seem like something that is easy to do. is this something you do because of salt? thanks ivan
Old 11-30-03, 09:33 AM
whitels
Lexus Test Driver

Received 19 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know why at this price nobody has JUMPED on it yet . This is an excellent price people. I'm an L-tuned owner and I'm already itching to buy it for my second set, just in case. Seriously.
Old 11-30-03, 01:17 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

SOLD!!!!! SOLD!!!!