Personal Settings- Overriding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-06, 07:27 PM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Personal Settings- Overriding?

Hey Guys,
My wife and I picked up our new IS 250 AWD today and we're just loving it so far! I've got a quick question on the Personalized Settings. According to Lexus, any changes require you to bring the car in, but I thought I recall seeing someone mention a way to actually get in and do it yourself. Is this the case and if so, how is it done?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-06, 07:41 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ken7
Hey Guys,
My wife and I picked up our new IS 250 AWD today and we're just loving it so far! I've got a quick question on the Personalized Settings. According to Lexus, any changes require you to bring the car in, but I thought I recall seeing someone mention a way to actually get in and do it yourself. Is this the case and if so, how is it done?

Thanks!
You cannot set these settings yourself. However, there are other settings that are not part of the Lexus Personalized Settings (which are very similar) that you ARE able to set yourself.
Old 05-19-06, 07:58 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Also, it is a real quick procedure at the dealership. They can have your personalized settings done in about 15 minutes.
Old 05-19-06, 08:15 PM
Ken7
Driver

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
You cannot set these settings yourself. However, there are other settings that are not part of the Lexus Personalized Settings (which are very similar) that you ARE able to set yourself.
Thanks guys. Ken, what are some examples of these settings you mention?
Old 05-19-06, 08:28 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ken7
Thanks guys. Ken, what are some examples of these settings you mention?
Some of the ones that I have changed myself are:

1.When I turn off my car, I can open the driver's door within a few seconds and all doors will unlock. If I wait a little longer, only the driver's door will unlock.

2.When I approach my parked locked vehicle and touch the driver's door handle, only the driver's door will unlock. But if I had went to the passenger side instead and touch the door handle, all doors unlock.

Last edited by kensteele; 05-19-06 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-19-06, 08:49 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

1.When I turn off my car, I can open the passenger door within a few seconds and all doors will unlock. If I wait a little longer, only the driver's door will unlock.

Huh what do you mean? Meaning if you have a passenger in he passenger seat and if they open the door right after you shut off the engine all the doors will unlock? Otherwise if you wait longer only the passenger door will unlock? How do you change this?
Old 05-19-06, 09:59 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Huh what do you mean? Meaning if you have a passenger in he passenger seat and if they open the door right after you shut off the engine all the doors will unlock? Otherwise if you wait longer only the passenger door will unlock? How do you change this?
Sorry I said passenger when I meant to say driver. What this does for me is allow me to control if I want to get something out of the back seat, I open my door immediately and thus the back door is unlocked. If I am in a crowded or unknown area and I don't want all my doors to unlock, I just wait a few second before I get out of my car and only unlock my door. Not a big deal but sometimes I don't like the idea of all my doors unlocking all at once.
Old 05-19-06, 11:47 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Sorry I said passenger when I meant to say driver. What this does for me is allow me to control if I want to get something out of the back seat, I open my door immediately and thus the back door is unlocked. If I am in a crowded or unknown area and I don't want all my doors to unlock, I just wait a few second before I get out of my car and only unlock my door. Not a big deal but sometimes I don't like the idea of all my doors unlocking all at once.

Oh nice... I didnt know that. I never open the door immediatly so It always just opens the drivers side nice to know.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-06, 07:27 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Oh nice... I didnt know that. I never open the door immediatly so It always just opens the drivers side nice to know.

Thanks.
so i think you have to set up the car that way to do this. ordinarily it will not function this way unless you make the changes, new cars off the lot will not function this way. it's been awhile since i made the changes so i'm not quite sure how i did it. it's in the manual and it's not part of LPS.
Old 05-20-06, 08:05 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

so i think you have to set up the car that way to do this. ordinarily it will not function this way unless you make the changes, new cars off the lot will not function this way. it's been awhile since i made the changes so i'm not quite sure how i did it. it's in the manual and it's not part of LPS.
You must have had the dealer set an option. From the factory, the car will automatically unlock all of the doors when you put it in Park.
Old 05-20-06, 09:49 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bichon
You must have had the dealer set an option. From the factory, the car will automatically unlock all of the doors when you put it in Park.
Yeah I didn't like that whenever I pulled up to some location and when I automatically put the car in park, all the doors would unlock? That didn't make sense or sound safe to me. So I changed it myself: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189808
Old 05-20-06, 09:59 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

good find here . . . didnt know this.
Old 05-20-06, 10:19 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by mwaull
good find here . . . didnt know this.
Ditto. And I thought I'd read the manual cover-to-cover.
Old 05-20-06, 10:29 AM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

We need a sticky or something with all the key fob tricks and tips . . . that is if there isnt a thread already that i just dont know about. The key fob is one of the coolest features of the car, and many people just dont know about all the cool stuff u can do with it.
Old 05-20-06, 01:12 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

AH I thought it was standard... I tried today and was like it doesnt work!! I'll have to read that link you posted.. Thanks!

Edit:
OK after reading the link you posted it sounds like holding the lock for 5 seconds techique cahnges the "Lock doors when shifting out of park and Unlock doors when shifting into Park" I dont like that feature.

How did you get it to Stay lock when you shift it into Park and if you quickly open the door it'll open all the doors and if you wait 10 secs it'll open only drivers?

Mine currently locks at 13mph and does NOT unlock when you shift into park But when you pull on the drivers door it only unlocks the drivers side none of the other door no matter how fast you open the door.

Last edited by EBMCS03; 05-20-06 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Personal Settings- Overriding?