VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Can someone vip a is300?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 02:13 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you. your ride is coming alone really nicely.
Old 05-25-07, 12:07 PM
AFLS430
Driver

DAMN THIS IS IS NOT VIP AT ALL IT IS UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ......... JK

Solo is my dawg and his car is well put together as far as VIP is concerned it may not be a platform but it is nicely done and it still has that VIP feel. Who are we to say what is what and who is who... Its all about one persons style and passion for the car and how ever u want to style it is your own. Alot of people complain and say this or that but dont let that bring you down.... If people arnt Hating on your stuff then your not doing it right =)... If you want to VIP style out your IS like solo did go for it do what you like because not everyone will like what your doing. If it turns out as clean as solos i will give props but and this is a BIG BUT if it is not tastfully done then you sir will be bashed HAHAHAHA jk.

I know this because not eveyone loves my car =)
Old 05-25-07, 06:58 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

wsup brotha... thought you were about to talk sheeeeeet.. haha =D

in this industry of trends and styles, you can either be a follower or a leader. either route you go is cool. do whatever floats your boat, but do not expect everyone to like your build. even industry cars in SEMA are at times not the best. so, take your IS300 and build it to your liking. at the end, your the driver, so you gotta like enjoy it.

s
Old 05-26-07, 08:43 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

...... I've been told many, many times......it's not VIP...
Old 05-27-07, 04:38 PM
jacobzking
Lead Lap

if I'm not mistaken IS stands for Intermediate Sedan (as opposed to Luxury Sedan), no big body, no VIP. IMO VIP is for VIPs that are cheauferred around in the backseat, and I see no VIP sitting in the backseat of an IS. VIP would be happy in the backseat of an LS460 for example, heated, cooled, messaging seats with a fridge, coffee table and ottoman, DVD, bluetooth headphones...that's VIP!
Old 05-27-07, 06:55 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jacobzking
if I'm not mistaken IS stands for Intermediate Sedan (as opposed to Luxury Sedan), no big body, no VIP. IMO VIP is for VIPs that are cheauferred around in the backseat, and I see no VIP sitting in the backseat of an IS. VIP would be happy in the backseat of an LS460 for example, heated, cooled, messaging seats with a fridge, coffee table and ottoman, DVD, bluetooth headphones...that's VIP!
http://www.highsocietyvip.com/vipstyle.html
Old 05-28-07, 09:01 AM
jacobzking
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrMark
and that site's definaition of VIP is:

"Traditional Definition:

VIP car is very simple. Usually pronounced V-I-P (vee-eye-pee) and meaning Very Important Person, the true pronunciation is VIP, or bippu, where it's pronounced like a word.

Cars that fit into the VIP category are predominantly rear wheel drive Japanese luxury platforms such as the Celsior, CIMA, Cedric/Gloria, and Crown, just to name a few. These cars are usually the more expensive models and are usually purchased by the more affluent car owners. It's not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. Many VIP purists will not consider any other platforms as VIP, even though other cars can take the styling cues from the larger VIP sedans. This is commonly known as VIP Styling. "

And the IS is Lexus' 2nd cheapest car, certainly not "the more expensive" and definately nor for "affluent car owners" and then it even goes on to mention the Lexus GS and LS, but no IS. Sorry, no VIP IS300.