Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Driv vs. LSportline 18s for RX? (attn Wheel Experts)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-03, 06:29 PM
RinnDogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driv vs. LSportline 18s for RX? (attn Wheel Experts)

I'm looking to get 18" rims for my RX (2002 AWD) and these are the 2 I like best:

Driv Paranoia
http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_...model=Paranoia

and of course, the Lsportline IV 1pc that you all know about already.

Forgive me, I'm absolutely clueless about this stuff.

1) Are Driv rims of good/bad/decent quality?

2) Will I need to get some work done to get either set to fit?

3) Wheel Experts, do you have either of these in stock? Please email me at Trawz24@cs.com with prices if you do. You help a lot of us out all the time, so I'd like to give you my business. Thanks

PS: I am open to any recommendations you may have

THANKS

Last edited by RinnDogg; 02-14-03 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-15-03, 07:35 AM
Wheel Experts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,

Thanks for the support. On the LSL MIV, the wheel is an 18x7.5+35. It fits prefectly on a RX300 2WD, but the AWC required a 3mm spacer which is supplied. The setup has been hi-speed tested and there is no problems to date (we have sold countless numbers of these setups, even to a few CL members). There is no charge for the spacer. No addtional mods are necessary.

Since we are closed on weekends, I'll get the pricing to you monday morning and check stock. If I remember correctly, we have at least silver in stock, probably chrome too. Since I am replying from home and not im my office, please email me at peter@wheelexperts.com a price request so I don't forget.

As far as the Driv wheels are concerned, we do not carry them, but I can tell you the quality is not up to par with the LSL in my opinion. Maybe someone else could elaborate further on this topic since I really don't have much expertise here.

There are no other off-the-shelf 18" wheels that I can think of that fit the RX300 correctly. Of course, I can build any HRE or iForged wheel for you since they are fully custom, and I could specify the offset myself.