Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein flex coilovers vs tein comfort sport

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-12, 07:33 PM
shivan0124
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein flex coilovers vs tein comfort sport

I'm looking for good handling but i don't want to harsh of a ride. i'm leaning towards the flex because of handling. I do not mind a little harder of a ride than stock, but i don't want to feel too rough. Any opinions on which coilover i should go with
Old 02-12-12, 07:59 PM
scoobySC3
Driver

Have you looked into the Tein street advance coilovers? Their spring rates are right between the CS and Flex, but you do reuse your stock top hats, where the flex and cs come with pillow ball mounts. Nice part is that they are inexpensive, right under 1K and would be a nice balance between comfort and sport.
Old 02-12-12, 08:19 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had Flex on my car, I liked the way they rode. They were stiff and firm, they felt confident no matter going through turns or straight lines. My set -up, Flex, pillow ball mounts and urethane bushings didn't help the cause for a smooth ride; a smooth ride wasn't really something that I had to absolutely have. The adjust-ability was a plus, separate dampening, spring preload and ride height. more than likely I'll find another set of Flex or go with KW V3's.
Old 02-12-12, 08:20 PM
shivan0124
Driver School Candidate

i've never heard about those, but i will look into it. Thanks alot for the info...
Old 02-12-12, 08:35 PM
SChema
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KW's are hands down the best coilovers made for the JZA80 chassis without going outside the realms of being "affordable". They are a bit one pricey side but they are completely worth it. Individual adjustments for compression, rebound, dampening and ride height. Great road race coilovers that ride great on the streets, nice and smooth.
Old 02-12-12, 08:43 PM
2cars4Trbo
Rookie

Originally Posted by SChema
KW's are hands down the best coilovers made for the JZA80 chassis without going outside the realms of being "affordable". They are a bit one pricey side but they are completely worth it. Individual adjustments for compression, rebound, dampening and ride height. Great road race coilovers that ride great on the streets, nice and smooth.
I had KW V1s on my Audi they're good, but I wouldnt call them the best

On my Supra I have HKS Pro Performers..those are amazing...not for daily use or anything, but they are 40 way dampening, and a good track setup

On my daily (my SC) I have Toms advox. Nice ride and the handling is very good. build quality is great too.

PM me if you have any questions about coilovers..Ive bought and sold alot of sets and know a good deal about them....