Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Intrax Swaybars

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-08, 06:32 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Intrax Swaybars

Ok I am ready to install the intrax swaybars but before I do, I need to know if I need to swap the rear endlinks side to side? I did a search and I couldn't get a clear answer. I think I read that the early versions did not need the endlinks swapped but the later ones do? Can anybody confirm this or chime in on this? Thanks.
Old 07-11-08, 03:21 PM
Lexamatic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
Ok I am ready to install the intrax swaybars but before I do, I need to know if I need to swap the rear endlinks side to side? I did a search and I couldn't get a clear answer. I think I read that the early versions did not need the endlinks swapped but the later ones do? Can anybody confirm this or chime in on this? Thanks.

Maybe not a requirement, but I highly reccomend it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=363914
Old 07-11-08, 04:30 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexamatic
Maybe not a requirement, but I highly reccomend it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=363914
I'm sorry, maybe I didn't type it so clearly, but what I'm wondering is if I need to bolt the left rear endlink on the right side and the right rear endlink on the left? Like the daizen swaybars require that, if I am not mistaken.

So your swaybar did not connect right to the endlink because it was bent?

BTW, I came across this on my search, could this work for our GS'?
http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/endl.html
Old 07-13-08, 02:54 PM
Lexamatic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Intrax swaybar kit is a fine fit, but if you use the old rear links the bar doesn't perform as well as it could with new links. The old links should be replaced if you're installing a new kit. Its a $110 for a new pair of rear links and well worth it.

The part numbers for the right and the left are different but the link is the same for both sides. (Sewell's order list only shows one choice for the link on the order sheet.) I'm not familiar with the Daizen requirement to swap the right and left links.
Old 07-13-08, 03:08 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexamatic
The Intrax swaybar kit is a fine fit, but if you use the old rear links the bar doesn't perform as well as it could with new links. The old links should be replaced if you're installing a new kit. Its a $110 for a new pair of rear links and well worth it.

The part numbers for the right and the left are different but the link is the same for both sides. (Sewell's order list only shows one choice for the link on the order sheet.) I'm not familiar with the Daizen requirement to swap the right and left links.
So the rear sway bars mounts in the same way/position as the stock one? How difficult is it to remove the old endlinks and replace with new ones?
Old 07-13-08, 05:08 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

endlinks are easy to replaces. Just make sure you loosen the lower shock bolt for the rear suspension before you try to take out the endlinks.