Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rattling noise from my new teins...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 02:42 PM
ktang235
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise from my new teins...

Ok I've searced all over and didnt find an exact answer...I just installed the tein super street coilovers on my car... I bought them brand new. After installing them I noticed it rattles bad in the back just curious to know what the cause is, everything has been tightened down. I messed with it earlier today and it sounds like its coming from the top part of the coilover. SOMEO
NE please HELP!!!
Old 06-06-08, 03:00 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like it just needs to be tightened check the nut on the shaft in the middle sometimes they come loose after settleing
Old 06-06-08, 03:17 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

pillowball?
Old 06-06-08, 11:49 PM
LS_FosHO
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktang235
Ok I've searced all over and didnt find an exact answer...I just installed the tein super street coilovers on my car... I bought them brand new. After installing them I noticed it rattles bad in the back just curious to know what the cause is, everything has been tightened down. I messed with it earlier today and it sounds like its coming from the top part of the coilover. SOMEO
NE please HELP!!!
i have the same problem, with my tein ss's

if your currently slammed like i was.. (sitting on bumpstop) pop open the trunk, and place you your weight on the rear bumper. if you bounce the shock, you will notice the outer upper squish donut moves in its cup.... (this is with the main shaft nut max tight!).. it seems like the shaft nut has run out of threads, im gonna remove the rear co's because i forgot to trim the Tein bump stop, and double check to make sure everything is in correct order.

wish me luck

UPDATE

ok figured out what my problem was... it looks like I failed to reinstall the oem bumpstop mounts (gold double sided cup), installed them, trimmed the Tein bump stop, reinstalled and all is good. she rides so much better with the Tein bump stops trimmed!

Last edited by LS_FosHO; 06-08-08 at 12:47 AM. Reason: update