Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

NA to TT brake swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 11:39 AM
Djdot2k
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NA to TT brake swap

I just completed a full TT caliper & rotor swap on my SC300 last weekend. The whole setup bolted on without a hitch. How do i get rid of the soft pedal feel i get when i'm on my brakes. Do i need to swap both the master cylinder & the brake booster or can i get away with just replacing the master cylinder alone?

Now that i think of it, does the TT or NA have its proportioning valve built into the master cylinder or is it a separate module. I took a look at the brake setup and the Pvalve is in the master cylinder. Lets see if i get my pedal feel back by replacing the master cyl.
Old 04-04-07, 02:13 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SS brake lines should help your cause.
Old 04-04-07, 07:58 PM
HmoobSC300
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not to hijack your thread or anything, but i just installed ls400 front rotors and calipers on my sc today (soon will do the rears). if i wanted to do ss brake lines, do I get the ls400 ss brake lines or the sc ss brake lines?
Old 04-04-07, 08:04 PM
booja
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HmoobSC300
not to hijack your thread or anything, but i just installed ls400 front rotors and calipers on my sc today (soon will do the rears). if i wanted to do ss brake lines, do I get the ls400 ss brake lines or the sc ss brake lines?
you can use the stock SC brake line... so i would assume if you bought new ones buy SC ones
Old 04-04-07, 09:18 PM
Djdot2k
Pole Position

why would ss lines help? i know it wouldn't flex much under load and all but its not flexing much in the condition its in anyways.

Do i need to pick up the TT's master cylinder & brake booster or can i get away with just the master cylinder.

Can anyone whose attempted this swap please chime in.
Old 04-05-07, 11:04 AM
atlsupdawg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Djdot2k
I just completed a full TT caliper & rotor swap on my SC300 last weekend. The whole setup bolted on without a hitch. How do i get rid of the soft pedal feel i get when i'm on my brakes. Do i need to swap both the master cylinder & the brake booster or can i get away with just replacing the master cylinder alone?

Now that i think of it, does the TT or NA have its proportioning valve built into the master cylinder or is it a separate module. I took a look at the brake setup and the Pvalve is in the master cylinder. Lets see if i get my pedal feel back by replacing the master cyl.
Try bleeding the brakes again. Any amount of air in the line no matter how minute will cause a "mushy" pedal feel. The best method of bleeding is to put head pressure on the MC reservoir and crack each caliper nipple starting at the one that's furthest from the MC ie. right rear 1st, left rear 2nd, right front 3rd and then left front.

If you bleed the old fashion way by pumping the pedal and cracking the nipples, use a rubber mallot and tap on the caliper to free up any trapped air.