Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TEIN CS vs ENDLESS ZEAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-05, 05:43 AM
YoungP08
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TEIN CS vs ENDLESS ZEAL

TEIN CS vs ENDLESS ZEAL Function XS

Im desiding between these 2 for my next mod
Old 10-05-05, 05:48 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Endless - IMO the best and the most exclusive coilovers out there for the GS....
TEIN CS - best bang for your buck! a really great coilover....through experience rides smooth, comfortable, and fairly quiet..
Old 10-05-05, 05:57 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

No comparision , Zeals are better
Old 10-05-05, 08:25 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

how expensive are zeals these days? i remember awhile back a local shop stopped distributing them because their prices were so high they didn't sell and the shop couldn't afford to stock them.
Old 10-05-05, 12:16 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AJ
No comparision , Zeals are better

There is no comparison because the price of the Zeals are a lot more than the Tein. For the money the Tein is the best buy for sure
Old 10-05-05, 12:35 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from Tein to Zeal

and yes they are more money but well worth it in my opinion

here are the ones i have

The Function-Zi was produced with comfortability in mind. Within the Function Series, our systems are produced mainly through circuit feedback, but the Zi was produced with the focus of fun, smooth, enjoyable driving in mind. This is the "feel good" system developed for the ultimate street user. A coilover system that is produced with the same quality as our more racier systems, but meant for the older, more mature adult driver that keeps comfort as his/her priority while enjoying the drive. Our easy-to-read and use, 6-Way Piston Valve Shock (PVS) Dial mechanism adjusts the rebound/compression force. Dial can be turned either direction infinitely. Our lightweight, Aluminum Rigid upper mount with rubber bushing decreases noise level and eliminates vibration through absorption. (Strut-type uses Pillow Ball camber adjustable upper mounts for direct feel of suspension motion while helping to decrease piston rod tension). Rubber dust boots protect piston shaft against debris and other forms of damage to help increase life. ID60 SWIFT Spring (Street or Hard rates) maintains stroke and ensures a "seated" fit with upper and lower portions processed to a flat cut. Includes a single, monotube-type, chromoly-coated, steel-type shell casing Shock Absorber. The Adjustable Shock-Stroke System is a separate, adjustable lower cup/bracket used for height adjustability which eliminates problem of sacrificing stroke and altering spring tension. Spin the mechanism over the threaded shock casing up to lower (and down to raise) vehicle height. All Zeal Function Series systems include this height-adjustable system.

Rigid Aluminum Mounts Front and Rear
Spring Rate : 18kg/mm : 14kg/mm

and where to get them

where to buy ZEAL/ENDLESS
Old 10-05-05, 02:20 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
I went from Tein to Zeal

and yes they are more money but well worth it in my opinion

here are the ones i have

The Function-Zi was produced with comfortability in mind. Within the Function Series, our systems are produced mainly through circuit feedback, but the Zi was produced with the focus of fun, smooth, enjoyable driving in mind. This is the "feel good" system developed for the ultimate street user. A coilover system that is produced with the same quality as our more racier systems, but meant for the older, more mature adult driver that keeps comfort as his/her priority while enjoying the drive. Our easy-to-read and use, 6-Way Piston Valve Shock (PVS) Dial mechanism adjusts the rebound/compression force. Dial can be turned either direction infinitely. Our lightweight, Aluminum Rigid upper mount with rubber bushing decreases noise level and eliminates vibration through absorption. (Strut-type uses Pillow Ball camber adjustable upper mounts for direct feel of suspension motion while helping to decrease piston rod tension). Rubber dust boots protect piston shaft against debris and other forms of damage to help increase life. ID60 SWIFT Spring (Street or Hard rates) maintains stroke and ensures a "seated" fit with upper and lower portions processed to a flat cut. Includes a single, monotube-type, chromoly-coated, steel-type shell casing Shock Absorber. The Adjustable Shock-Stroke System is a separate, adjustable lower cup/bracket used for height adjustability which eliminates problem of sacrificing stroke and altering spring tension. Spin the mechanism over the threaded shock casing up to lower (and down to raise) vehicle height. All Zeal Function Series systems include this height-adjustable system.

Rigid Aluminum Mounts Front and Rear
Spring Rate : 18kg/mm : 14kg/mm

and where to get them

where to buy ZEAL/ENDLESS

johnny anytime you are selling yours please hit me up
Old 10-05-05, 08:22 PM
Alexusoftime
Lead Lap

Zeal iMO is really good....but for the price u cant go wrong with Teins
Old 10-06-05, 12:21 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a tough call. No one has A-B tested the Zeal and Tein lines of coilovers. There are a few that has test a few Teins but Zeal experience is limited. TLW has had the Flex and his current Zi and he prefers the Zi. How do these compare to the CS? Better in some ways? Worse in some ways? No one knows.

Everyone keeps saying the Teins are good for the price. How does anyone know if the Zeals are THAT much better (based on their higher cost)? When people talk about "for the price", it usually refers to not optimal quality that you have to live with because of a limited budget. Did everyone come into some $? Last I checked, the Tein coilovers are not THAT cheap. They are not as costly as a few others out there but it's no chump change either.

I am not disputing the quality of the Zeals. They do carry a certain mystique about them because they are rare (partly because of cost). This is along the lines of products from JP, Endless, HRE, ...

Bottomline - I don't have first hand experience with Zeal. I trust TLW's evaluation of them that they are very good quality and that he likes them. There are plenty of happy Tein CS owners. You cannot go wrong with either setup. You just need to determine how much you want to spend and how important exclusivity is.

BTW - Although it seems like there are a lot of Tein owners, there are even more stock setups and springs/shocks setups. I guess it is just what level of exclusivity you want.
Old 10-06-05, 12:33 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh, and if you think the Zeals are costly, look into ones from Tom's. We all know and love their other suspension pieces.

Sessions, C-One, and A'PEXi will also require a little time to save up.
Old 10-07-05, 07:19 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Speaking of Tom's, i absolutely love my Tom's complete suspension package. That's the best mod i ever did to the GS.

I agree with everything NEO said.
Old 10-13-05, 08:27 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wonder which would be in better shape after 30-40k miles? durability would be a factor too. does the zeal have separate adjustment for rebound and compression? that would be a plus. what makes it better?

my Lex dealer is installing my tein cs next week, so I can only comment on look of build quality so far, and it looks well built to me.