Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Three lights after suspension work

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-05, 08:56 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three lights after suspension work

Guys - yesterday I had l-tuned shocks, h&r springs, and daizen sways installed on my 2001 gs430. The car rides 1000% better now! Unfortunately, when I got my car back from the shop, 3 lights are now on all the time which weren't before - they are the VSC, ABS, and VSC OFF lights. Any ideas what could be causing this after having suspension work done?
Thanks.
Old 05-03-05, 09:18 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=vsc
Old 05-03-05, 09:59 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-03-05, 01:07 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

daleer:: I had the same problem. One or both side of you speed sensor is bad.
Old 05-03-05, 01:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

damn that sux, sorry about that. but yes seems like either the speed sensor or the abs sensor are damaged. and very likely by the shop
Old 05-03-05, 04:21 PM
Kaine
Rookie

Originally Posted by daleer
Guys - yesterday I had l-tuned shocks, h&r springs, and daizen sways installed on my 2001 gs430. The car rides 1000% better now! Unfortunately, when I got my car back from the shop, 3 lights are now on all the time which weren't before - they are the VSC, ABS, and VSC OFF lights. Any ideas what could be causing this after having suspension work done?
Thanks.
Here's is what happened during my install...

while being super carefull with the abs sensors during my install, i knew i didn't damaged them. After driving the vehicle, the same lights as you mentioned went on and i took it out to a lexus tech and he read that both front sensor are dead.

what happened in my case and probably yours is during reinstallation of the sensors, the brackets that are used to attach the abs sensor wires to the body of the struts were mounted too high, not allowing for enough slack during a turn. So the first turn you make the wire is being pulled apart from the sensor. So now you got bad sensors...

Let the shop know what they did and have them replace it. If that can't be done, you can fix the sensors yourself as i did.

the break in the line occurs about 3/8 inch inside the top sleeve of the abs sensor. Go ahead and cut the line as close to the sleeve as possible. Using any suitable tool, i had a bench grinder, remove the material to expose the rest of the line. Strip all four lines, solder them back together, and use hot glue to seal everything up. I finished everything up with some good 3m electric tape. Worked like a charm and you save 206 a piece.
Old 05-04-05, 05:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
daleer:: I had the same problem. One or both side of you speed sensor is bad.
It may not be the sensors themselves but the cables that run to them that can be damaged.
Old 05-06-05, 08:16 AM
daleer
Pole Position

Thanks for all your help guys - I really appreciate it!
Old 11-24-05, 06:56 PM
redbaron
Pole Position

Default thanks for the info.

Can you tell us any other information that we might need for proper DIY fix of the sensors. I am not particularly mechanically inclined for fixing electronics so the more info, the better.

Thanks
b

Originally Posted by Kaine
Here's is what happened during my install...

while being super carefull with the abs sensors during my install, i knew i didn't damaged them. After driving the vehicle, the same lights as you mentioned went on and i took it out to a lexus tech and he read that both front sensor are dead.

what happened in my case and probably yours is during reinstallation of the sensors, the brackets that are used to attach the abs sensor wires to the body of the struts were mounted too high, not allowing for enough slack during a turn. So the first turn you make the wire is being pulled apart from the sensor. So now you got bad sensors...

Let the shop know what they did and have them replace it. If that can't be done, you can fix the sensors yourself as i did.

the break in the line occurs about 3/8 inch inside the top sleeve of the abs sensor. Go ahead and cut the line as close to the sleeve as possible. Using any suitable tool, i had a bench grinder, remove the material to expose the rest of the line. Strip all four lines, solder them back together, and use hot glue to seal everything up. I finished everything up with some good 3m electric tape. Worked like a charm and you save 206 a piece.