Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need help with susp.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-04, 03:21 AM
StyleZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with susp.

Hello, well ive just recieved my 19inch gettins and i need your help! I know the ride quality isn't going to be as smooth as stock 17's ive had on. Ive done some research and heard good things about the TEIN Cs coilovers but then again its a bit too much for my budget and plus i really don't need the great handling since im not a aggressive driver. But i would like to have the smoothness of stock or well atleast come close to it. Im leaning towards the L-tuned spri/shocks but a friend of mine recommend the eibach/blitz combo. Any input on this would be greatly appreicated. Thanks!
Old 03-12-04, 09:36 AM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had both the L-Tuned shocks/Stock Springs & Bilstein shocks/Eibach pro kit combo (but not on 19's...on 18's) and the ride is great...actually I personally think anything is better then stock...both setup will be sportier then stock.

I preferred the bilstein/eibach combo, gives a great ride and increased performance/handling...and it does not feel stiff at all...my wife couldn't tell the difference from stock in the passenger seat.

I am sure some others will chime in regarding their experience with L-Tuned on 19's...
Old 03-12-04, 10:34 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,396 Posts

What KVA said. L-Tuned or Eibach/Bilsteins with 19's is a good setup.
Old 03-12-04, 11:02 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

well let me chime in

those here in south florida who know me know i drive very aggressive , and do it daily so balance and control is critical..

coilovers with the ability to fine tune ones susp setup is priceless, no doubt its the best out there , however here in south florida the most curves i have to deal with is on and off ramps , our roads are straight for the most part and i dont track my car so i could not justify the cost , i started with the ltuned setup , then gradually did front and rear upper strut bars , did daizen sways , did front and rear lower control braces upped from 18in stagg to 19 in stagg and soon realized the shocks (kyb ) that come with the ltuned set up were no longer up to the task , way too much body movement very little control for the way i drive ,

then with the help of davegs and bilstein found my balance , i was about to get the bilstein pss , stopped just before ordering when i spoke to bilsteins head tech out in cali , his name was mr french , he took 30 mins of his time to explain susp geometery and how bal and control is much more importanant then i want a stiff ride so it handles well .. well he gave me the compression and rebound numbers on the kyb vs bilstein sports vs bilstein coils well once i understood the basics it was a no brainer , the ltuned springs giving a 1-1.25 in drop (mine settled at about 1.5) which are rebadged eibachs give a 20-25% stiffer spring rate which to me was great , the bilstein sports with the daizen sways bring it all together ..

now i have total control and the faster i go the tighter it becomes because of the valving they use in the sports , but make no mistake the ride is firm not harsh and not stiff more like bmw m5 firm and controlled but thats the way i like it for to me its more comfotable then the stock set up and less bouncy then the ltuned complete setup

hope some of this helps
Old 03-13-04, 06:00 PM
StyleZ
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. Just ordered the Ltuned/Blist combo.