Suspension Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, etc.

Swift lowering springs question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-16, 07:22 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Swift lowering springs question

I've found maybe 2 posts of a 4GS with Swift lowering springs. Anybody else have experience with them, and even some good before/after pictures? Preferably with some 20's installed.

I'm trying to decide among Swift/Tanabe for lowering or a full coilover kit. My goals are in the following priority order:
1. High reliability -- one of the many reasons I bought a Lexus.
2. Quality, luxury ride that can do speed bumps -- this is my daily driver & family mobile, can't be bouncy or jarring.
3. Better-than-stock performance.
4. Look good with 20's -- I don't have the wheels yet, but looking to move up to a staggered 20" wheel setup. I know this puts pressure on #2 above.
Old 08-15-16, 08:50 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spoogenet
I've found maybe 2 posts of a 4GS with Swift lowering springs. Anybody else have experience with them, and even some good before/after pictures? Preferably with some 20's installed.

I'm trying to decide among Swift/Tanabe for lowering or a full coilover kit. My goals are in the following priority order:
1. High reliability -- one of the many reasons I bought a Lexus.
2. Quality, luxury ride that can do speed bumps -- this is my daily driver & family mobile, can't be bouncy or jarring.
3. Better-than-stock performance.
4. Look good with 20's -- I don't have the wheels yet, but looking to move up to a staggered 20" wheel setup. I know this puts pressure on #2 above.
I went with the Tannabe springs at first and then a few months later my front strut went out on me. Not sure if the lowering springs sped up the shelf life of my strut or not. I opted to go with a set of BC coilovers and upgraded to swift springs as i wanted to keep the ride as close to stock as possible. I'm not going to lie; you will lose that stock ride quality the minute you add 20's. Thinner sidewalls won't absorb the bumps like the stock tires. The ride quality with Tannabes was very good no doubt; but I wish I would have skipped straight to coilovers. Hit up @alexx_nxxtlvl on IG; he helped me pick out the perfect spring rate to coincide with the ride height I was after. He recommended running the upgraded swift springs as this is my DD and would help out a lot. Alexx as he's been a huge help with the requirements I was after.

Last edited by trbosmitty; 08-15-16 at 09:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
dTxworld (12-20-18)
Old 08-16-16, 05:42 AM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Thanks for your input, and your car is beautiful!

I know the thinner sidewalls will compromise my ride quality and I do wonder if I should just go for a staggered 19" setup similar to an F-sport to preserve some of it. The car just looks so lovely with 20".
Old 08-16-16, 09:02 AM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spoogenet
Thanks for your input, and your car is beautiful!

I know the thinner sidewalls will compromise my ride quality and I do wonder if I should just go for a staggered 19" setup similar to an F-sport to preserve some of it. The car just looks so lovely with 20".
Thanks! You can't go wrong with 20's
Old 08-16-16, 09:45 AM
LatinLS430
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by trbosmitty
I went with the Tannabe springs at first and then a few months later my front strut went out on me. Not sure if the lowering springs sped up the shelf life of my strut or not. I opted to go with a set of BC coilovers and upgraded to swift springs as i wanted to keep the ride as close to stock as possible. I'm not going to lie; you will lose that stock ride quality the minute you add 20's. Thinner sidewalls won't absorb the bumps like the stock tires. The ride quality with Tannabes was very good no doubt; but I wish I would have skipped straight to coilovers. Hit up @alexx_nxxtlvl on IG; he helped me pick out the perfect spring rate to coincide with the ride height I was after. He recommended running the upgraded swift springs as this is my DD and would help out a lot. Alexx as he's been a huge help with the requirements I was after.
Sweet looking ride!
Old 08-16-16, 11:38 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 701 Likes on 615 Posts

Swift is a very good quality spring... Not sure why its not popular with the GS series but the Tanabe is for sure the most popular springs. Our customers always purchase the Tanabe springs, not sure if its the price..

Dang those Vorsteiner wheels look good!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-22-16, 08:09 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Thanks for all the input! I'm leaning heavily toward just going with the Swift lowering springs.
Old 08-23-16, 11:08 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Let us know! We have them in stock!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-25-16, 11:26 AM
disbeyinya
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

20x9, 20x10.5, Vossen VFS1, swift springs, I enjoy the ride, feels stock, and wheel gap is reduce

Last edited by disbeyinya; 08-25-16 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-25-16, 12:19 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Nice!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 09-21-16, 12:14 PM
tudank
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Getting my swift springs installed as we speak. Will post up some pictures after
Old 09-21-16, 12:15 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor
CL Vendor - Starter

Originally Posted by tudank
Getting my swift springs installed as we speak. Will post up some pictures after
!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 09-25-16, 08:10 PM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by disbeyinya
20x9, 20x10.5, Vossen VFS1, swift springs, I enjoy the ride, feels stock, and wheel gap is reduce
Very nice, thanks! I like that drop, it looks just right for me to close the gap a bit without slamming the car down. Love the wheels, I've been eyeing up a few Vossen models.

Right now I'm stuck on where to get springs installed, not many options for shops around this area that have good recommendations.
Old 09-25-16, 09:17 PM
maddave
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 11 Posts

what city are you in?<br /><br />So I've had tanabes on my 14' gs and now on my current 16' and i gotta say the ride is way better with the swifts. I just made the switch and yes it doesn't look as aggressive but I'm gaining better performance, ride quality, and I'm enjoying the extra ground clearance. On stock wheels its alil over a finger gap all around. i wanna say it sits like a GS F sits though i haven't had the two cars side by side. But if i was to do 20's id go RSR super downs for a proper look, on stock wheels these id say are a perfect match.<br /><br />sorry for bad pic
Attached Thumbnails Swift lowering springs question-img_0790.jpg   Swift lowering springs question-img_0791.jpg  
Old 09-26-16, 10:32 AM
spoogenet
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by maddave
what city are you in?<br /><br />So I've had tanabes on my 14' gs and now on my current 16' and i gotta say the ride is way better with the swifts. I just made the switch and yes it doesn't look as aggressive but I'm gaining better performance, ride quality, and I'm enjoying the extra ground clearance. On stock wheels its alil over a finger gap all around. i wanna say it sits like a GS F sits though i haven't had the two cars side by side. But if i was to do 20's id go RSR super downs for a proper look, on stock wheels these id say are a perfect match.<br /><br />sorry for bad pic
Nice! I'm in the Austin area.

I agree the RSR super-downs look better with 20", I've determined they're not for me. I think the Swift drop is sufficient with 20" to get a better look, despite not being the best look.

Quick Reply: Swift lowering springs question