SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Is key fob for SC430 possible?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 03:45 PM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Is key fob for SC430 possible?

I think one of biggest inconveniences of SC430 is the lack of key fob. Has anyone here successfully installed any type of features that can serve as a key fob? Specifically, I would like to enter the car by touching the something on the door handle and start the car without inserting the key. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited by jzdulexus; 12-12-16 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-12-16, 04:30 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Ah, you are asking about a keyless ignition. Yes, one owner did that a while back. You can probably find his thread on it by doing a search. It seems like he did it within the last few years but I don't think that he did it on the doors, just the ignition.
Old 12-12-16, 04:32 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts

The luxlink has remote start. Part of the system steve made has a immobilizer bypass which is a box that a valet kit is permanently mounted into and that key is read by the ECU.

And it is buried in the dash along with the luxlink box

Last edited by Caflashbob; 12-12-16 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-12-16, 04:55 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

I wonder if you can modify this kit somehow http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-SUV-Engi...pYO6SK&vxp=mtr

it says it is good for a 2002/2003 SC430, so it might not be that hard to get it too work with a newer model.
Old 12-12-16, 05:08 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 912 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by jzdulexus
I think one of biggest inconveniences of SC430 is the lack of key fob. Has anyone here successfully installed any type of features that can serve as a key fob? Specifically, I would like to enter the car by touching the something on the door handle and start the car without inserting the key. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
this thread might be what you are looking for...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...d-keyless.html

another thread, same subject.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-addition.html

and another
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc4...-start-sc.html
Old 12-12-16, 05:52 PM
Caflashbob
Instructor

The luxlink uses an uncut valet key that has been read by the cars computer.

only way to get the car to start is to have a Lexus OEM key mated to the cars computer.

then the uncut key is left in the special box and the luxlink is able to initiate the start circuit externally with no visible key in the ignition.

engine goes off in 15 minutes.

or if you hit the brakes without a cut key inserted and turned in the ignition lock.

requires a read key AND a cut key to be turned in the ignition switch. Can be a different read key it turns out.

stealing the valet key from inside the dash won't help as you need a cut key to turn the lock to keep the motor running.

expensive install. Lots of soldering.

three light pushes on the driver window down button sequentially raises or lowers the rear quarter windows
Old 12-13-16, 07:20 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Caflashbob
The luxlink uses an uncut valet key that has been read by the cars computer.

only way to get the car to start is to have a Lexus OEM key mated to the cars computer.

then the uncut key is left in the special box and the luxlink is able to initiate the start circuit externally with no visible key in the ignition.

engine goes off in 15 minutes.

or if you hit the brakes without a cut key inserted and turned in the ignition lock.

requires a read key AND a cut key to be turned in the ignition switch. Can be a different read key it turns out.

stealing the valet key from inside the dash won't help as you need a cut key to turn the lock to keep the motor running.

expensive install. Lots of soldering.

three light pushes on the driver window down button sequentially raises or lowers the rear quarter windows
You do not need to use the valet key you can cut your plastic emergency wallet key in half just be careful you do not cut to close to where the chip is in the wallet key I just cut mine in 1/2 and then inserted that in the plastic immobilizer box supplied with the lux link. This way there is no key in your lexus no one would be able to unlock the ignition key or steering wheel etc.
Old 12-13-16, 08:33 AM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

After you start the car with Luxlink from outside can you just step into the car and drive away without taking the key out of your pocket and inserting anything in ignition?
Old 12-13-16, 08:41 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jzdulexus
After you start the car with Luxlink from outside can you just step into the car and drive away without taking the key out of your pocket and inserting anything in ignition?
No after you start the car with lux link remote starter you need the key to unlock your drivers side door then you have to put key into ignition lock and turn to on [ not start ] that unlocks the steering column if you step on the brake before you insert key that will kill the engine. You have to insert key in lock then when you step on brake that advises lux link that the connection has been made as along as you turn the key to on the car will run normally
Old 12-13-16, 10:03 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Originally Posted by mrblister
You do not need to use the valet key you can cut your plastic emergency wallet key in half just be careful you do not cut to close to where the chip is in the wallet key I just cut mine in 1/2 and then inserted that in the plastic immobilizer box supplied with the lux link. This way there is no key in your lexus no one would be able to unlock the ignition key or steering wheel etc.
i did not receive ou cars wallet key. I bought a blank valet key. Will not turn anything. Only for the chip
Old 12-13-16, 11:07 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mrblister
No after you start the car with lux link remote starter you need the key to unlock your drivers side door
Actually, if you do the combo timed correctly, you can start and unlock the car at the same time. Habious was a master at this.

The "keyless-go" systems are no good for the SC because you would have to permanently disable the ignition lock.
Old 12-13-16, 11:55 AM
Caflashbob
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Actually, if you do the combo timed correctly, you can start and unlock the car at the same time. Habious was a master at this.

The "keyless-go" systems are no good for the SC because you would have to permanently disable the ignition lock.
i am not good yet but remote start, top operation and door unlocking can all be done at the same time if I understand the systems abilities corectly.
Old 12-13-16, 10:08 PM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

So it looks like nobody has figured out a way to drive the car without a key being inserted. How about a proximity sensor to open the door without taking out the key? It can definitely be helpful when I am holding a coffee while entering the car.
Old 12-14-16, 12:22 PM
DshngDaryl
Pole Position

Received 512 Likes on 428 Posts

Google "Aftermarket Proximity Remote" it should show you some options.
Old 12-14-16, 01:28 PM
jzdulexus
Pole Position

Thanks! But it seems none of options is a real solution. If some of you out there has an aftermarket proximity remote installed I would like to know your feedback.

Quick Reply: Is key fob for SC430 possible?